www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > Media Plug-ins > Media Discussion > SqueezeBox Plug-In (3P)

SqueezeBox Plug-In (3P) Discussion area for the SqueezeBox plug-in by PCP.

Old May 5th, 2010, 09:45 AM
Super Seer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcp View Post
This error is trapped by the plug-in when it cannot download an album cover. It is displayed in the log to capture it and will instead return a default cover album image. My guess is that one of your players is referring to this icon in its playlist, but I could be wrong. I have not seen that SBServer returns path like this one 'plugins/Sounds/html/images/icon.png' as a album cover page. Can you try clearing all playlists for all players? If you find which playlist entry creates it let me know and I can try to reproduce it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by heatvent View Post
I tracked down the issue. I use the SB as an alarm. The .png file is the one hosted by mysqueezebox for the sound effect that I use in the alarm. Apparently HS is trying to get the file and can't find?
Seeing the same thing, is there a way to make this not show up in my log file?

BLSecurtiy, AC-RF2, RCS Serial Thermostats, RFXCOM SMarthome SwitchLinc, mcsXap, Global Cache GC100, SqueezeBox, TWA_ONKYOINTEGRA, BLLogMonitor, BLPlugins, BLRadar, BLSpeech, BLZLog.aspx, HSTouch (Windows, iPhone, iPod), USB Mimo touchscreens, VMWare Server, Vortexbox, Windows Home Server, MyMovies, Windows Media Center, X10, ZWave, and much much much more.
Old May 5th, 2010, 09:53 AM
Seer Master

I haven't done it yet, but two things I was thinking of is either turning off HS logging in the SB plugin configuration or downloading some kind of alarm sound and using that in my alarm instead of the SB sound effect. But I agree, I would hope that this gets addressed in the plugin as well.
Old May 5th, 2010, 10:25 AM
Super Seer

One thing I noticed is the path

'plugins/Sounds/html/images/icon.png'

there is an actual file at

'/Slim/Plugin/Sounds/HTML/EN/plugins/Sounds/html/images/icon.png'

I wonder if it's supposed to map that path '/Slim/Plugin/Sounds/HTML/EN/' to the root of where it's looking for images.

If not, we should find out where it's looking and maybe I can just put the image in that spot.

I did also look in the install.xml file, and it lists the path
plugins/Sounds/html/images/icon.png

None of this really seems out of the ordinary to me.
Old May 6th, 2010, 09:48 PM
Super Seer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zimmer62 View Post
Seeing the same thing, is there a way to make this not show up in my log file?
I can remove the message of course displaying the exception catch in the plug-in... though I want to see if I could add logic to display it for example at least once (to avoid hiding issues without a way to analyze them) or the other option only log it if debug or verbose debug is on.
Old May 6th, 2010, 09:53 PM
Super Seer

Quote:
One thing I noticed is the path

'plugins/Sounds/html/images/icon.png'

there is an actual file at

'/Slim/Plugin/Sounds/HTML/EN/plugins/Sounds/html/images/icon.png'

I wonder if it's supposed to map that path '/Slim/Plugin/Sounds/HTML/EN/' to the root of where it's looking for images.

If not, we should find out where it's looking and maybe I can just put the image in that spot.

I did also look in the install.xml file, and it lists the path
plugins/Sounds/html/images/icon.png

None of this really seems out of the ordinary to me.
Typically when you query for album/track information it gives you either the fullpath to the cover image or a URL. I haven't seen it supplying a partial URL like this one. Are these the sounds from the "Sounds & Effect" App that you are playing?
Old May 6th, 2010, 11:24 PM
Super Seer

yes, from the sound effects app. I use them for sleeping, and morning alarms.

Thunderstorms at night sometimes
Old May 11th, 2010, 11:14 PM
Super Seer

For those that encountered problems using HSTouch on iPhone/iTouch/iPad with the Squeezebox plug-in enabled, try it again with the latest HSTouch client version sent to Apple store (should be available sometimes this week) as it should resolve the issue.
Old May 11th, 2010, 11:26 PM
Super Seer

Quote:
For those that encountered problems using HSTouch on iPhone/iTouch/iPad with the Squeezebox plug-in enabled, try it again with the latest HSTouch client version sent to Apple store (should be available sometimes this week) as it should resolve the issue.
I can confirm that the beta they sent me did fix this issue.
Old May 14th, 2010, 12:27 AM
Seer Master

Can I ask how some of the media functions of the plugin can be used with HSTouch? Specifically, I am referring to controlling shuffle, repeat and mute. In HSTouch there doesn't seem to be a way to "toggle" these. So do I need to have separate buttons for setting to shuffle and then setting to no shuffle? Or is there a clean way of doing this with events, hiding buttons, etc.? Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Old May 15th, 2010, 02:54 AM
Rosentaarn

Quote:
Can I ask how some of the media functions of the plugin can be used with HSTouch? Specifically, I am referring to controlling shuffle, repeat and mute. In HSTouch there doesn't seem to be a way to "toggle" these. So do I need to have separate buttons for setting to shuffle and then setting to no shuffle? Or is there a clean way of doing this with events, hiding buttons, etc.? Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks!
To toggle mute, repeat and shuffle w/o separate buttons I use a script (SB_controller.vb) which is triggered by the buttons:

Code:
Sub toggleScript(Optional ByVal pParms As String = "")

Dim hspi As Object = hs.plugin("SqueezeBox")

If hspi Is Nothing Then
        hs.WriteLog("SqueezeBox Script", "Plugin not found!")
		Exit Sub
	End If

Dim musicAPI as Object = hspi.GetMusicAPI("Squeezeslave")

If hspi Is Nothing Then
        hs.WriteLog("SqueezeBox Script", "musicAPI creation for Squeezeslave failed")
		Exit Sub
	End If

if pParms.toLower = "mute" then
		If MusicApi.playerMute Then
   			MusicApi.playerMute = False
  		Else
   			MusicApi.playerMute = True
  		End if
	elseif pParms.toLower = "shuffle" then
		MusicApi.shuffleToggle
	elseif pParms.toLower = "repeat" then
		If MusicApi.repeat = 0 Then
   			MusicApi.repeat = 1
  		Elseif MusicApi.repeat = 1 then
   			MusicApi.repeat = 2
  		else
   			MusicApi.repeat = 0
  		End if
	end if	
End Sub
E.g. the mute button trigger an event running script SB_Controller.vb("toggleScript","mute"). This works perfectly for mute and repeat, but not for shuffle. Shuffle only returns "In order" for status 2, but for the other statuses (1 and 3) it returns "Unknown" and value 0 for the status. Anyone who has experienced the same?

Last edited by Rosentaarn; May 15th, 2010 at 06:53 AM.
Old May 15th, 2010, 07:51 AM
Seer Master

Thanks Rosentaarn. This is very helpful. I may just leave my button as activating shuffle. Can't think of a time I would want songs to play in order. If that comes up, I could just control directly. 99.9% of the time I leave on shuffle.

I am surprised however that it returns "unknown" status. Is this a bug in the plugin?
Old May 15th, 2010, 01:00 PM
Seer Master

FYI, when I was looking through your script, I noticed a second "if HSPI is nothing" I think the second one should be "If musicAPI is nothing".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosentaarn View Post
To toggle mute, repeat and shuffle w/o separate buttons I use a script (SB_controller.vb) which is triggered by the buttons:

Code:
Sub toggleScript(Optional ByVal pParms As String = "")

If hspi Is Nothing Then
        Exit Sub
    End If

Dim musicAPI as Object = hspi.GetMusicAPI("Squeezeslave")

If hspi Is Nothing Then
        hs.WriteLog("SqueezeBox Script", "musicAPI creation for Squeezeslave failed")
        Exit Sub
    End If
E.g. the mute button trigger an event running script SB_Controller.vb("toggleScript","mute"). This works perfectly for mute and repeat, but not for shuffle. Shuffle only returns "In order" for status 2, but for the other statuses (1 and 3) it returns "Unknown" and value 0 for the status. Anyone who has experienced the same?
Old May 15th, 2010, 01:09 PM
Seer Deluxe

Quote:
yes, from the sound effects app. I use them for sleeping, and morning alarms.

Thunderstorms at night sometimes
I get the same error (ok, similar text) when I select the Pandora app. It appears to have something to do with where the image files are stored for apps and possibly some expected default base path.

In fact, the Pandora icon doesn't show up as album art when using the plug-in MusicAPI but it does show up on the SB Radio display.

Let me know what I can do to help debug.

Ken
Old May 17th, 2010, 09:56 AM
Seer Master

Rosentaarn, how are you triggering the script in HSTouch? I am doing it via a replacement variable in the text field of a button. I am getting some weird results where it is getting stuck in a loop for the repeat toggle. Are you triggering it some other way?

Thanks!

EDIT: If someone is trying to do this, answer can be found at post #3 in this thread...

http://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=136333

Last edited by heatvent; May 18th, 2010 at 11:45 PM.
Old May 18th, 2010, 11:42 PM
Seer Master

Have another question. I want to have a button and indicator in HSTouch to select/show which squeezeboxes are currently synchronized. I see that you can sync/unsync either via an event action or using the SB API. However, is there a way to see if a given player is synchronized? I don't really care which player they are synchronized to. I plan to have sqeezeplay on my HS PC and name it server and then sync each squeezebox/zone to that instance of squeezeplay. Then use HSTouch to control the server squeezeplay and the other zones should follow suit. Or is there a better way to do this?
Old May 19th, 2010, 08:02 PM
Super Seer

I have to look into it if I can always get the sync states... would an API call returning a status be fine as I am not sure were I could show it otherwise in the current HS2 devices?
Old May 19th, 2010, 08:06 PM
Super Seer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenm View Post
I get the same error (ok, similar text) when I select the Pandora app. It appears to have something to do with where the image files are stored for apps and possibly some expected default base path.

In fact, the Pandora icon doesn't show up as album art when using the plug-in MusicAPI but it does show up on the SB Radio display.

Let me know what I can do to help debug.

Ken
When I checked a while back the pandora "song info" contained a full url for the artwork, which is what the plug-in was using to retrieve the image. Are you using SB Server 7.5?
Old May 20th, 2010, 01:47 AM
Rosentaarn

Quote:
Have another question. I want to have a button and indicator in HSTouch to select/show which squeezeboxes are currently synchronized. I see that you can sync/unsync either via an event action or using the SB API. However, is there a way to see if a given player is synchronized? I don't really care which player they are synchronized to. I plan to have sqeezeplay on my HS PC and name it server and then sync each squeezebox/zone to that instance of squeezeplay. Then use HSTouch to control the server squeezeplay and the other zones should follow suit. Or is there a better way to do this?
Heatvent, sorry for no answer. The solution you found in post #3 is similar to what I did. For the sync status I have created an interim solution till pcp (maybe) add this as a feature: I created a vitual switch that is controlled by a script to monitor the sync status. On = in sync, Off = no sync. The script (and hence the sync/unsync) is triggered by a button: ref above you call the script as Squeezebox_sync.vb("Sync","Squeezeslave 2") where "Sync" is the sub division and "Squeezeslave 2" is the unit you want to sync to.

The script itself:

Code:
Sub Sync(ByVal parm As Object)

If hspi Is Nothing Then
        Exit Sub
    Else
        hs.WriteLog("SqueezeBox Script", "Found plugin " & hspi.Name()) 
    End If

If hs.isoff("P1") then
        hspi.PlayerSendCLICommand(parm, "sync 1")
        hs.execx10("P1","on",0)
    Else
        hspi.PlayerSendCLICommand(parm, "sync -")
        hs.execx10("P1","off",0)		
    End If

End Sub
where P1 is the virtual switch in the hs server. If you want to monitor the sync status you just monitor P1 if on or off. Let me know if any further explanation is needed. Not a bulletproof solution, but it works!

Last edited by Rosentaarn; May 20th, 2010 at 02:03 AM.
Old May 20th, 2010, 09:25 AM
Seer Master

Quote:
I have to look into it if I can always get the sync states... would an API call returning a status be fine as I am not sure were I could show it otherwise in the current HS2 devices?
I think that would at the very least be useful to check status/update a virutal device.

What I may end up doing after looking into the capabilities of the musicAPI and multizoneAPI is have HS Touch control an instance of squeezeplay on my HS server and leave all of the SB's in sync with that server. Then just turn on/off the squeezeboxes in each room for control of location. On/off status can easily be tracked. It would be useful to ensure that a given squeezebox is sync'd before turning on the zones. This probably can be done with a simple script to turn on/off the SB and also checks sync status and if not in a sync'd state, forces the SB to sync with my HS server.

If anyone has other ideas or sees some inherent control issues with this setup, please let me know.

pcp, just to make sure you don't miss this, the text status in the musicAPI for shuffle returns "unknown" for 2 of the 3 shuffle states. Any idea if this is a problem in the SB plugin or if it is some type if incompatibility with the musicAPI shuffle states and squeezecenter?
Old May 20th, 2010, 12:39 PM
Seer Deluxe

Quote:
When I checked a while back the pandora "song info" contained a full url for the artwork, which is what the plug-in was using to retrieve the image. Are you using SB Server 7.5?
Yes, Version: 7.5.0 - r30464 @ Thu Apr 1 05:51:56 PDT 2010

Interesting... I just tried to reproduce the error and I wasn't able to get it using two different players, one being SqueezePlay and the other being an SB Radio.

I've attached a couple of debug logs for your review. The one from a couple of days ago shows the exception while the two from today show it working correctly on two different players. The player called "Test" from a couple of days ago is now called "Office" in today's logfiles.

I'll try to reproduce the exception again a little later today when I get some time.

Thanks,
Ken