www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > Media Plug-ins > Media Discussion > SqueezeBox Plug-In (3P)

SqueezeBox Plug-In (3P) Discussion area for the SqueezeBox plug-in by PCP.

Old May 13th, 2012, 09:10 PM
Super Seer

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Patton View Post
I'm new to the Squeezebox world and am so far impressed that I can get all my music - local, streaming radio, Spotify in one place.

I am able to list all the radioio stations using this snippet from the sample script:

libContent = music.LibGetTracks("radioio", "Your Stations" , "LMS_MyApps") hs.WriteLog("Music API", "Track Count: " & libContent.Length)

For idx As Integer = 0 To libContent.Length - 1
hs.WriteLog("Music API", "Tracks " & idx & " : " & libContent(idx))
next

But if I try to play anything using this:

music.playmusic("radioio","Your Stations", "","LMS_MyApps",libcontent(3))

I always get the very first station (0) no matter what item in the array I select.

I realize I could probably set up a mess of playlists to do this, but is it possible to do what I am attempting above?

Thanks,
Greg
I have to look into it and see if I can reproduce it. Do you get any message in the hs2 log from the squeezebox plugin (something like LibPlayAppsTrack,...)?
Old May 14th, 2012, 06:18 AM
OverSeer

Update: I fixed my problem with Spotify, by the way.

In the SqueezeServer options for Spotify (Triodes) I unchecked the option to add it to "My Apps". It is now listed under Radio, and all of the sudden HStouch is okay with that.

Why that solved the problem, I have no idea...
HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!
Old May 14th, 2012, 08:43 AM
Super Seer

By listing it under radio, what difference do you see in hstouch?
Old May 14th, 2012, 08:56 AM
OverSeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcp View Post
By listing it under radio, what difference do you see in hstouch?
HStouch no longer locks up when I click on Gender -> LSM_Radio/MyApps -> "Spotify"
Old May 15th, 2012, 06:57 PM
Super Seer

Quote:
The issue by using the name is that the plugin gets the name from the LMS server upon connection and if the player name changes (or unknown if not connected).
Is this a problem if the name is changed? wont homeseer use the device code not the name as an identifier?
or
could the name be hard coded to the name that is given from the LMS server the first time the device connects only?

Quote:
I cannot change the name for hstouch.
I understand that HSTouch uses the device names from homeseer and that this can not be changed.

Quote:
I look into it again but the only option was to have a "hard coded name" in hs2 that does not rely on LMS or the player been connected.
This would work for me if there was a space in the status web page that you could name the players that then updated the devices.

Thanks for looking at this

Greig.
Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
Scripts =
Various
Old May 17th, 2012, 11:36 PM
Super Seer

The HSTouch Designer does not rely on the HomeSeer device name for the player but rather the player name returned by the Music APIs. I am working on ways to cache the player name and reuse it even if the player is not connected.
Old May 18th, 2012, 05:22 AM
Super Seer

Quote:
The HSTouch Designer does not rely on the HomeSeer device name for the player but rather the player name returned by the Music APIs. I am working on ways to cache the player name and reuse it even if the player is not connected.
o I see. Sorry for the miss understanding it looks like you have an idea to get what i want so i will leave you to it.

Thank again for the hard work on this plugin.

Greig
Old May 20th, 2012, 08:40 AM
Super Seer

I am a working on a plugin beta update that will cache the player name which should make it easier (especially in HSTouch) if a player disconnects and reconnects (like software players), but will not solve the problem when a new player is added.
Old May 21st, 2012, 09:51 PM
Super Seer

Try the beta V2.1.0.6 I posted. It should work better with HSTouch when using software based players as they connect / disconnect (assuming they were connected once to cache the information before HSTouch started).
Old June 8th, 2012, 05:56 AM
OverSeer

Philippe,

Will this version support addressing dynamic playlists?
I have some scripts that address the dynamic playlists, but it could be a lot easier if the plugin could address this maybe?

Wim

Plugins:RFXCOM, HSTouch Server, Squeezebox, BLGData, Restart, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, WeatherXML, BLBackup, TenScripting, BC4, Pushover, PHLocation, JowiHue, Zwave, Sonos
650 devices ---- 336 events ----- 40 scripts
Old June 9th, 2012, 07:50 PM
Super Seer

I have not looked at Dynamic Playlists nor use them. Are you using Erland's LMS plugin? Is there a specific issue when using Dynamic Playlists?
Old June 9th, 2012, 07:57 PM
Super Seer

I just posted an updated beta version; see the first dialog of this thread.
Old June 11th, 2012, 02:58 PM
OverSeer

Quote:
I have not looked at Dynamic Playlists nor use them. Are you using Erland's LMS plugin? Is there a specific issue when using Dynamic Playlists?
Philippe,

Point is that I have a wakeup plugin, that I use for several bedrooms with squeezeplayer an mediaplayer. I use the musicapi as much as possible, but with squeezebox I use dynamic playlists extensively (like music that have not been played for at least 2 months etc.). But with the musicapi I cannot adress the dynamic playlists and have to address this differently.

It would be nice if the plugin would adress this in the music api. One way could be by having some sort of condition on the name of playlist as dynamic playlist always are preceeded with "sqlplaylist_".

You could also look at an older request I sent in http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=141271

It would really simplify things for me.

Thanks in advance,

Wim
Old June 23rd, 2012, 04:28 AM
OverSeer

Philippe,

I am playing with the latest beta and have some difficulties with the speach. I am using the mp3 option for speech. Each time I send speech to the player it will stop the song and do the speech, but then continue to another song then the one playing before. Is this supposed to happen?

Wim
Old June 23rd, 2012, 08:51 AM
Super Seer

Is it song in the playlist such as next or previous? After the tts speech it should return to the current song. Can you enable verbose debug, reproduce it and send or post the log file?
Old June 24th, 2012, 06:19 AM
OverSeer

Phillipe,

My impression is that is is the next song in the list. I am not sure though as mostly I play in random mode. The issue occurs playing with a dynamic list as well as a static list.

In my log I have tried 3 speaks. In two situations it skipped to the next song, in one situation music stopped, without sending the speech.

I hope this gives you a clue?

Regards,

Wim
Attached Files
File Type: zip hslogging.zip (86.1 KB, 6 views)
Old June 24th, 2012, 09:14 AM
Super Seer

Quote:
Originally Posted by w.vuyk View Post
Philippe,

Will this version support addressing dynamic playlists?
I have some scripts that address the dynamic playlists, but it could be a lot easier if the plugin could address this maybe?

Wim
The latest beta version I uploaded today supports Dynamic Playlists. Enjoy.
Old June 24th, 2012, 09:15 AM
Super Seer

Quote:
Originally Posted by w.vuyk View Post
Phillipe,

My impression is that is is the next song in the list. I am not sure though as mostly I play in random mode. The issue occurs playing with a dynamic list as well as a static list.

In my log I have tried 3 speaks. In two situations it skipped to the next song, in one situation music stopped, without sending the speech.

I hope this gives you a clue?

Regards,

Wim
With dynamic/random playlists, it might not return to the same song when it attempts to return to the song after speaking. Thanks for the log, I will look into it.

Last edited by pcp; June 24th, 2012 at 12:18 PM.
Old June 24th, 2012, 04:26 PM
OverSeer

Quote:
With dynamic/random playlists, it might not return to the same song when it attempts to return to the song after speaking. Thanks for the log, I will look into it.
Phillipe,

in the log I am playing a static list to exclude confusion of dynamic lists.

Wim
Old June 24th, 2012, 04:27 PM
OverSeer

Thumbs up

Quote:
The latest beta version I uploaded today supports Dynamic Playlists. Enjoy.
Phillipe,

Thanks a lot for this one!!!!!! I will test this next week.

Wim