Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am curious, I have several of these (Dragon brand) and wonder if I could update the firmware to HS version instead? I would be willing to lose a switch just to find out.

HS's are cheaper and with the additional aspects of instant reporting and double tap associations, I would prefer to just switch all my current switches over and continue expanding buying HS versions.

As an aside...
    I need to bite the bullet and buy HS but I keep waiting for the Alexa API to be confirmed solid and working. Meanwhile I use my Smartthings box and all the wonderful cloud issues they have.

Comment

Originally posted by Bal View Post
      I am curious, I have several of these (Dragon brand) and wonder if I could update the firmware to HS version instead? I would be willing to lose a switch just to find out.

HS's are cheaper and with the additional aspects of instant reporting and double tap associations, I would prefer to just switch all my current switches over and continue expanding buying HS versions.

As an aside...

I need to bite the bullet and buy HS but I keep waiting for the Alexa API to be confirmed solid and working. Meanwhile I use my Smartthings box and all the wonderful cloud issues they have.

That's an interesting thought and curious if the GE could do the same. I think as long as the core zwave chip is the same, at least in theory some of the functionality would work. I highly doubt it though if the chip isn't at least zwave plus type.

Comment

Got one of the bulbs and installed it yesterday. Network wide inclusion worked great via z-tool+ and a z-net. It's on a bedside lamp and replaced a module. So far it works great!

Sent from my SCH-R970X using Tapatalk
        HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
        54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
        Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Adjust hi/low dim levels

On the Cooper rf9540s, you could adjust the low and high dim levels to compensate for bulbs having different dim ranges. On the WD-100s, I have bulbs that are near full brighness but showing only 5 lights on the HS dimmer.

It would be nice to be able to set a high and low dim value so that full brightness of the bulb shows all the lights on the switch and barely on would show only one light.

Comment

Mark,

Any plans to make a switch to control a ceiling fan?
            High, medium and low settings
            I would be in for 6 of them if they existed
            Cheers,
            Bob
            Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Switch to control light.. and ceiling fan separately?

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3
              HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

Originally posted by Blade View Post
                Mark,

GE makes one that works pretty well, I have a couple. Personally I would like a dimmer type vs just the 3 modes.

Comment

Originally posted by slbuck View Post
                  On the Cooper rf9540s, you could adjust the low and high dim levels to compensate for bulbs having different dim ranges. On the WD-100s, I have bulbs that are near full brighness but showing only 5 lights on the HS dimmer.

It would be nice to be able to set a high and low dim value so that full brightness of the bulb shows all the lights on the switch and barely on would show only one light.
                  Originally posted by Blade View Post
                  Mark,

Originally posted by TeleFragger View Post
                  Switch to control light.. and ceiling fan separately?

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3
                  Looks like they has turned into a feature request thread!

The Cooper switch includes a nice trim feature to compensate for flickering in older LEDs. Fortunately, the newer bulbs aren't as prone to this. Of course, the Cooper switches are also $20 more and are not Z-Wave Plus!

No plans for a fan controller or split fan/light switch at this point.
                  💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by macromark View Post
                    At this point, "on" ramp rate is adjustable for local control only. We may be able to change this in a future firmware release.

I just want to add my vote for this feature also. Odd that it works at the switch and not through HS3.
                    Originally posted by rprade
                    There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

Ramp rate control would be great. Glad to see the five-packs for sale in the store too! I've got a five-pack on the way and will buy more if these work out well.
                      HS Pro 3.0 | Linux Ubuntu 16.04 x64 virtualized under Proxmox (KVM)
                      Hardware: Z-NET - W800 Serial - Digi PortServer TS/8 and TS/16 serial to Ethernet - Insteon PLM - RFXCOM - X10 Wireless
                      Plugins: HSTouch iOS and Android, RFXCOM, BlueIris, BLLock, BLDSC, BLRF, Insteon PLM (MNSandler), Device History, Ecobee, BLRing, Kodi, UltraWeatherWU3
                      Second home: Zee S2 with Z-Wave, CT101 Z-Wave Thermostat, Aeotec Z-Wave microswitches, HSM200 occupancy sensor, Ecolink Z-Wave door sensors, STI Driveway Monitor interfaced to Zee S2 GPIO pins.

Comment

Originally posted by S-F View Post
                        I just want to add my vote for this feature also. Odd that it works at the switch and not through HS3.
                        what about writing a scrip that sends a set of incremental increases/decreases when the load is turned on/off through HS? should be able to mimic a ramp up/down effect.
                        HS4 Pro on Shuttle NC10U, Win10; Z-NET
                        Number of Devices: 1005
                        Number of Events: 293

Plug-Ins: BLLock, DirecTv, EasyTrigger, Honeywell WiFi Thermostat, Marquis monoprice Amp, MeiHarmonyHub, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, UltraM1G3, rnbWeather, Worx Landroid, Z-Wave

External applications: Homebridge-homeseer, Geofency, EgiGeoZone.

Comment

Beginning the replacement of all my switches, had a nice box show up yesterday (wife may not be too pleased)
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by macrho; April 14, 2016, 06:48 AM. Reason: added picture

Comment

Wow I am sure HS loves you!! Maybe you will have some pull to help get the ramp issue fixed

Comment

WD100+

This a great switch and I plan to start to switch out to the 100's have two now.
                              Can you provide instructions (step by step) on how to create the two and three click events. I have tried and am missing something.
                              Again you hit a home run with this switch.......

Comment

Originally posted by Gallina View Post
                                This a great switch and I plan to start to switch out to the 100's have two now.
                                Can you provide instructions (step by step) on how to create the two and three click events. I have tried and am missing something.
                                Again you hit a home run with this switch.......
                                First of all the switch will create 3 devices and they will look something like this:

So, just create an event where the central scene device value "is set to" (your choice or 2-presses, 3-presses or press & hold).
                                💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Working...
                                X