www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > Media Plug-ins > Media Discussion > SqueezeBox Plug-In (3P)

SqueezeBox Plug-In (3P) Discussion area for the SqueezeBox plug-in by PCP.

Old February 10th, 2017, 12:21 AM
Seer Plus

Multiple LMS Servers? Possible?

Hello all,

I have purchased the PI and set up TWO LMS servers running on two Pi's. Configuring the first one was easy and works great, and I'm able to control/monitor it from HS through the PI.

However, when I went to create another instance of the PI so I can configure to the second LMS server, I ran into a wall.

How do I do this? I want multiple concurrent audio sources, both running LMS.

Please help,

Marco
Old February 10th, 2017, 12:41 AM
OverSeer

Hi Marco,

You can have many squeezebox clients from one LMS. I have 14 clients that can all play different music sources simultaneously or can be sync'd in different groups. Not quite sure I understand the use case for multiple servers.

Cheers
Al
UltraGCIR GC-100|UltraNetcam|UltraPioneer|Ultra1Wire|DSC PC1832|BLLED|BLTVGuide|ImperiHome|jon00 Utilities|MySensors

PHLocation|X10 CM11A IOLinc,etc
Old February 10th, 2017, 11:46 AM
Super Seer

Quote:
Originally Posted by marco500 View Post
Hello all,

I have purchased the PI and set up TWO LMS servers running on two Pi's. Configuring the first one was easy and works great, and I'm able to control/monitor it from HS through the PI.

However, when I went to create another instance of the PI so I can configure to the second LMS server, I ran into a wall.

How do I do this? I want multiple concurrent audio sources, both running LMS.

Please help,

Marco
What is your use case to use multiple LMS servers? I have several clients connected to the same server, each playing different music (local, streaming radios, Pandora, etc) and some can be synced to play the same. This is first an "media/LMS architecture" question.

In you case, you would run LMS on one server (Linux, Windows, or one of the PIs) and then you one or more client players connecting to the server. The player can be logitech hardware players if you have them/find them (radio, boom, etc) or software players running on you PIs, Windows PCs, etc. For client software players you have a few options such as SqueezePlay, SoftSqueeze, squeezeLite, SqueezeSlave.
Old February 12th, 2017, 06:25 PM
Seer Plus

My bad!

Thanks for your feedback. I don't know why I didn't think of it in the right context (one server -> multiple clients). I needed two radio sources, so I was stuck thinking 2x servers.

Ok, I have two clients running against one server, and problem solved.

again, thank you.