Looking for help with script

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rick Bonari View Post
    Do the images have to be exactly 200x200 pixels? Also in addition to .png images can you use .bmp, .gif and other image types or does everything need to be converted to .png format? Thanks again !!!! You all have been very helpful !!! Between you and Michael I have learned a great deal !!!! Rick
    They do not have to be 200x200. Any size will work, though larger than 200x200 would likely make it difficult to manage the Status Graphics Page. An image between 32x32 and 200x200 would be best. I just use 200x200 to be consistent.
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by Krumpy View Post
      Ok, so how are you guys adding electronics to the mailbox that does not cause the US Mail organization to freak out. I figure wires dangling out of the mailbox will make the mailman freak thinking that it is a bomb.... I would like to add something so that I can monitor when the mail comes... Or how often the door is opened....

On the other hand, it is not fair to the mail carriers that they had to deal (directly or indirectly) with anthrax scares, etc.
      Mine is a thin DSC magnetic window sensor on a non-alarm zone of my security system. I originally had an Ecolink Z-Wave tilt sensor, but it was unreliable. The DSC is supervised and has much better range.

Using the DSC we get a TTS notification every time the door is opened and additional warnings if it is not closed. The dog even goes to the front door to bark (stereotypes anyone?) when Zira (Micro$oft voice) announces it.
      HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

This worked for me. Simple magnetic contact closures used in alarm systems. Painted it and works great for me. Remember to anticipate you are someone in household putting mail in the mail box.Sorry the picture is sideways. Guess I need to paint the wires also.
        Attached Files

Comment

Radio Shack sold a mailbox monitor that had s little coin-battery sized sender that was stuck on the door of the mailbox. When it sees light (and RD is not obstructed by metal enclosure) it notifies the receiver. No wires in the mailbox.

My mailbox is about 600 ft from the house, but so do have road lights. On the one nearest to the mailbox I interfaced the receiver with a UPB-IO and sent notification via power line back to the house. Tears of outdoor exposure and the receiver no longer works. I am looking at LoRa now, but have not finalized my source of power at the mailbox.

Comment

These types of mailbox devices have been out for about 20 years or more. I think mail carriers are very used to these types of devices. I have had various mailbox units for many years and have had no questions asked about them ever. I have a mailbox on the side wall right outside the front door. It has a cover that lifts up to get the mail. I have a tilt switch that mounts under the top cover that triggers a small RF Module mounted to side of mailbox that is not visible. It triggers an RF Reciever inside that connects to homeseer via secu16 input module. Hope this helps....Rick

Comment

Here are the two mailbox images that I use with Homeseer HS3. Hopefully they got attached properly:
              Attached Files

Comment

Evidently the images didn't transfer properly. Here is another try. If this doesn't work maybe someone can comment and what went wrong. Looks like the forum setup doesn't like .bmp files? Evidently the forum is translating the .bmp file as a .php file? :
                Attached Files

Comment

Oops !!!! Looks like they did transfer ok? This was my first try at attaching something to a post so lesson learned. Not sure about the results I got yesterday but today looks like images transferred fine. Can't argue with success !!!!! Hope these images are useful for people on the forum....Rick

Comment

Originally posted by Krumpy View Post
                    Ok, so how are you guys adding electronics to the mailbox that does not cause the US Mail organization to freak out.
                    I have a DS10 taped to the back of a black plastic (RubberMaid) mailbox. The reed switch is attached to the box and the magnet is on the door. I've used it for many years and never had any comments from the mail carrier. My W800 antenna is about 100 feet away and it's been a very reliable setup. (Ants using the DS10 as a nest is the biggest problem. They short out the electronics. Have to remember to spray the DS10 with ant repellent every Spring.)
                    Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
                    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Just wondering if anyone has any good images for burglar alarm off and on. I searched on the web but haven't found any matching images for both burglar alarm on and off states? Thanks again for the help !!!!! Rick

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Michael View Post
                        (Ants using the DS10 as a nest is the biggest problem. They short out the electronics. Have to remember to spray the DS10 with ant repellent every Spring.)
                        Sounds like you need to setup a reminder event in HS to send a pushover or something like that.......

Comment

Originally posted by AutomatedJim View Post
                          Sounds like you need to setup a reminder event in HS to send a pushover or something like that.......
                          Fortunately, the timing isn't critical. I just put a recurring reminder in my calendar, but that isn't the biggest problem. Yes, I remember it when the reminder comes up on the calendar . . .but I still have to remember to DO it before I forget again.

What I really need is someone I can tell to do it, so I have someone else to blame when the DS10 dies full of ant larvae.
                          Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
                          HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Working...
                          X