ZEE S2 Line out ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ZEE S2 Line out ?

Does the ZEE S2 Line out actually work ? I am trying to get the chime.wav to work when a event runs but I cant hear anything through my audio system.

Is there a setting/plugin that needs to be applied to get the line out jack working ?

I have a 3.5mm to RCA cable running to the audio system.

Welcome to the Homeseer forum Leon.

Does the ZEE S2 Line out actually work ?

Yes

Is there a setting/plugin that needs to be applied to get the line out jack working ?

Yes

Thinking when you have an HDMI output to a Monitor and Keyboard for the desktop the sound auto configures itself to the HDMI port.

You can force it to the audio jack doing the following. Note here do not utilize a monitor or keyboard / mouse with my RPi's; rather just do everthing via SSH.

This is the same for the RPi1,2,3 or Wheezy, Jessie or Stretch.

Here using Stretch on a new RPi2 build:

pi@raspberrypi:~ $ cat /etc/os-release
    PRETTY_NAME="Raspbian GNU/Linux 9 (stretch)"
    NAME="Raspbian GNU/Linux"
    VERSION_ID="9"
    VERSION="9 (stretch)"
    ID=raspbian
    ID_LIKE=debian

Thinking the configuration is the same for Wheezy, Jessie or Stretch.

Type:

1 - sudo raspi-config and go to advanced options.

2 - you will see this screen:

[ATTACH]67287[/ATTACH]

3 - advanced options screen and go to audio

[ATTACH]67288[/ATTACH]

4 - change your audio for headphone jack. Tab down to OK and it'll go to main menu

Note this is assuming that you are running RPi / Stretch lite headless with no monitor or keyboard and using SSH for the configuration / updates.

[ATTACH]67290[/ATTACH]

5 -Tab to finish

[ATTACH]67291[/ATTACH]

6 - you will see the following in the terminal when you exit.

sudo raspi-config
    numid=3,iface=MIXER,name='PCM Playback Route'
    ; type=INTEGER,access=rw------,values=1,min=0,max=2,step=0
    : values=1
    pi@raspberrypi:~ $

Here moved to the Linux world of Homeseer 3.

That said still wanting to utilize Microsoft SAPI / speaker dot exe for my speech and sounds as I did not like the robotic sounding text to speech on the RPi.

So here built an Oracle Virtual Box running Windows on the main Homeseer 3 Pro Ubuntu box. The VB takes care of my audio / speech.

IE: my Zee2 / Homeseer 3 box uses the Windows VB for speech and sound on the Homeseer 3 box.

Test it yourself running speaker dot exe on your Wintel desktop (if you use a Windows desktop). Desktop could be XP, Vista, W7, W8 or W10.
    Last edited by Pete; March 7, 2018, 11:33 AM.
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Pete I was looking at this solution and a few questions popped up. I have a Zee S2 setup for my folks IOT system at there home. I have a HTD (Lync6 )whole home audio system that is tied into spud HTD PI. The amplifier from HTD supports Override notification functions (Like if I want a dot to override in a single zone or all zones. Simply put, it has a feature to overide a zone when playing music to play an announcement. With this here is my question:

I have a 3.5mm to RCA adapter plugged from the ZEE S2 audio jack to an input on my HTD Lync6 system
      I am trying to create an event that if an event is toggled, run the following:

Set ZONE 2 to 'ON
      Set SONE 2 Source to "H ANNOUNCE"
      Set Zone 2 Volume to "30"

**All the HTD events works as I use them to trigger with Alexa event to play music from an Echo Link**

Then

Speak something
      ~~Text to be Spoke~~ "This is a test"
      When I go to Edit Speaker Client List, There is nothing in there.

How do I go about setting this up on the ZEE S2 to use the 3.5 mm audio out jack to play announcements to my Whole Home Audio system given there is no speaker client list to load.

Here is my setup on my Zee S2

Current Date/Time: 2/29/2020 1:10:41 PM
      HomeSeer Version: HS3 ZEE S2 Edition 3.0.0.548
      Linux version: Linux HomeTrollerZeeS2V7 4.9.35-v7+ #1014 SMP Fri Jun 30 14:47:43 BST 2017 armv7l GNU/Linux System Uptime: 1 Day 20 Hours 53 Minutes 27 Seconds
      IP Address: 10.0.1.95
      Number of Devices: 127
      Number of Events: 18
      Available Threads: 399
      HSTouch Enabled: True
      Event Threads: 0
      Event Trigger Eval Queue: 0
      Event Trigger Priority Eval Queue: 0
      Device Exec Queue: 0
      HSTouch Event Queue: 0
      Email Send Queue: 0

Enabled Plug-Ins
      2.0.31.0: BLRing
      3.0.6922.16287: UltraHTDAudio3
      3.0.2.261: Z-Wave

Any help would be greatly appreciated on this one.

Comment

Working...
      X