HomeSeer Mobile Feature Requests

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here, I run a reverse proxy in front of my public Internet facing web services (NVR, Emby, HS3 web management UI, network monitor, unifi controller, HS3TOUCH Service. This allows me to only open 1 port on my firewall (443). The open port is directed to my reverse proxy haproxy hosted on PFSense. I was able to get HAproxy to proxy all HTTP connections and encrypt the connections in all the cases except HS3TOUCH.

With HS3TOUCH I was unable to proxy the connection using an HTTP/s proxy which would allow me to encrypt the traffic on port 443. In order to get it working I had setup a separate TCP forwarder the traffic coming in from the public Internet. I had to punch a separate hole in my firewall and forward it to HAproxy. I am not able to SSL Encrypt the HS3TOUCH traffic.

If the new remote management software was designed to use HTTP communications l I would be able to use HAproxy to make the service accessible on the public Internet and potentially externally SSL Encrypt the traffic (of the client app supports it).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

HSTouch uses our own protocol over TCP, its nothing standard.

The new app we are working on uses JSON over HTTP/HTTPS, so it should work with anything that supports HTTP.

Note that HSTouch uses 128 bit AES encryption for the login credentials so even if someone sniffed the traffic I don't see how they could get access.

Originally posted by Kerat View Post
      Here, I run a reverse proxy in front of my public Internet facing web services (NVR, Emby, HS3 web management UI, network monitor, unifi controller, HS3TOUCH Service. This allows me to only open 1 port on my firewall (443). The open port is directed to my reverse proxy haproxy hosted on PFSense. I was able to get HAproxy to proxy all HTTP connections and encrypt the connections in all the cases except HS3TOUCH.

With HS3TOUCH I was unable to proxy the connection using an HTTP/s proxy which would allow me to encrypt the traffic on port 443. In order to get it working I had setup a separate TCP forwarder the traffic coming in from the public Internet. I had to punch a separate hole in my firewall and forward it to HAproxy. I am not able to SSL Encrypt the HS3TOUCH traffic.

If the new remote management software was designed to use HTTP communications l I would be able to use HAproxy to make the service accessible on the public Internet and potentially externally SSL Encrypt the traffic (of the client app supports it).

💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

GEO-Fencing / Location aware

The new mobile app should have location awareness. I have 5 people in my house and relying on integration with IFTTT is painfully delayed. it would be great to creates events for locking doors, turning of lights, etc... that worked when i needed them too based on geo-location rules

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
          The new app we are working on uses JSON over HTTP/HTTPS, so it should work with anything that supports HTTP.
          This is really great to hear. With any luck we members that want to publicly host and externally Encrypt our HS3 related traffic will be able to do so. I am totally willing to run the beta at my home when it is released.

Note that HSTouch uses 128 bit AES encryption for the login credentials so even if someone sniffed the traffic I don't see how they could get access.
          Thank you, yea I played with the traffic a bit and was able to determine that it was more than just a simple hash.

Comment

Will it be possible for this app to act as a speaker client for HomeSeer?

And more importantly, could HomeSeer make use of the native speech engine of the platform (e.g. Siri for iOS)?

This way my iPad in the kitchen could be playing announcements, and in a much nicer voice

Comment

Also will this app work fine in portrait orientation on an iPad? Seems to look okay in the phone shots posted so far.

I only ask because HSTouch seems to be hardcoded for landscape so, since the iPad mounted inside the wall of our kitchen is portrait because of where it is, that app is unusable.

Comment

No plans right now to make this a speaker client. Note that HSTouch already can act as a speaker client and it can speak with any voice that is on your PC.

Originally posted by Tillsy View Post
                Will it be possible for this app to act as a speaker client for HomeSeer?

And more importantly, could HomeSeer make use of the native speech engine of the platform (e.g. Siri for iOS)?

This way my iPad in the kitchen could be playing announcements, and in a much nicer voice

Comment

Yes, it can run in either portrait or landscape. HSTouch can run in either mode but it depends on how you create the project so its not automatic.

Originally posted by Tillsy View Post
                  Also will this app work fine in portrait orientation on an iPad? Seems to look okay in the phone shots posted so far.

I only ask because HSTouch seems to be hardcoded for landscape so, since the iPad mounted inside the wall of our kitchen is portrait because of where it is, that app is unusable.

Comment

My Wishlist in no particular order:
                    1. Easier navigation - going 3 levels of menus down to find a device is annoying
                    2. Faster Connection - Sometimes connecting on HSTouch takes 30+ seconds. Frustrating when you're just trying to do something quickly.
                    3. Apple watch and Widget support - It would be rad to pick some events that I could access quickly and easily from the Apple Watch/Widgets on the phone.
                    4. Easy User/Access control - My Wife and I should be able to access everything in the house. We have extra iPads in guest bedrooms for control. It would be nice to be able to restrict the access on those devices.
                    5. Easy "basic" customization - I know that HSTouch is the go to choice for customization, but it's a royal pain to do so. I'd like to be able to easily and quickly create custom groups frequently used devices/event, hide/show rooms, devices, etc and change the background and maybe basic colors. The Apple Home app allows changing backgrounds and it goes a long way to making the app feel truly custom. You can also do holiday themes and such as well.
                    6. Per user geofencing/location - I've seen quite a few people request this one. It would be awesome especially when you have multiple family members. The IFTTT version makes this a challenge.

I'm sure I'll come up with more. I think that's the bulk of it though.

Comment

Phase 1 will have 1,2,4 and 5.

Originally posted by Blackbeard View Post
                      My Wishlist in no particular order:
                      1. Easier navigation - going 3 levels of menus down to find a device is annoying
                      2. Faster Connection - Sometimes connecting on HSTouch takes 30+ seconds. Frustrating when you're just trying to do something quickly.
                      3. Apple watch and Widget support - It would be rad to pick some events that I could access quickly and easily from the Apple Watch/Widgets on the phone.
                      4. Easy User/Access control - My Wife and I should be able to access everything in the house. We have extra iPads in guest bedrooms for control. It would be nice to be able to restrict the access on those devices.
                      5. Easy "basic" customization - I know that HSTouch is the go to choice for customization, but it's a royal pain to do so. I'd like to be able to easily and quickly create custom groups frequently used devices/event, hide/show rooms, devices, etc and change the background and maybe basic colors. The Apple Home app allows changing backgrounds and it goes a long way to making the app feel truly custom. You can also do holiday themes and such as well.
                      6. Per user geofencing/location - I've seen quite a few people request this one. It would be awesome especially when you have multiple family members. The IFTTT version makes this a challenge.

I'm sure I'll come up with more. I think that's the bulk of it though.

Comment

It should make full use of the screen resolution on iPhone and iPad
                        Mike

Comment

It will auto size to the screen and give you more space on the dashboard.

Originally posted by mwaite View Post
                          It should make full use of the screen resolution on iPhone and iPad

Comment

Phase 1 will have 1,2,4 and 5.

Understandable not to come out the gate with Apple Watch support (#3 from list), will it eventually be added?

Also if you wanted leap ahead of your competition in the Apple ecosystem you would put an Apple TV app out. I would use that as would my family for some things. Not sure what is entailed to port an iPhone app to TV. Perhaps some new stuff could be done hear especially with charting, dashboard, and whatnot.

HS3 : HSpro (3.0.0.460) on Win2012 (vm on ESXi)
                            Plugins: HSTouch, UPBSpud, Kinect, Nest, IFTTT, DirecTV, EasyTrigger, Imperihome, Zwave, RFXcom, UltraMon3, UltraWeatherBug3, UltraGCIR3, UltraLog3, UltraPioneer, PHLocation, Pushover, Pushalot, MCSSPrinklers S, JowiHue
                            Jon00 Plugins: Bluetooth Proximity, Performance Monitor, DB Chart, Links

Comment

Watch support in general has been talked about, but we have not added it yet to our todo list. Will need to gather more information and see how difficult it is and how much interest there is.

That being said, I personally have a FitBit Versa and it is really easy to add apps to it so I may do a quick HS app for myself on that platform. Will post it to the forum when I get it working. But that is not a mainstream platform.

(I know there is a FitBit plugin, but I am talking about device control from the touch screen, not apps)

Originally posted by jlrichar View Post
                              Understandable not to come out the gate with Apple Watch support (#3 from list), will it eventually be added?

Also if you wanted leap ahead of your competition in the Apple ecosystem you would put an Apple TV app out. I would use that as would my family for some things. Not sure what is entailed to port an iPhone app to TV. Perhaps some new stuff could be done hear especially with charting, dashboard, and whatnot.

Comment

A Versa app would be awesome! I just got mine and I'm still playing around with the apps. Being able to control even a few things around the house from my watch would be great!

-Chris

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X