X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need a little help...

Attached Files
    Michael

I recall reading this. Might be a lie cause it's kind of fuzzy.... But have you tried this event using "changes and becomes" rather than "set"? My fuzzy memory is telling me that the two conditions are different in that "set" implies that you did it where as the other doesn't. Make sense?

And I could be all wet too.

Cheers!

Chris

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by chrisgrainger View Post
      I recall reading this. Might be a lie cause it's kind of fuzzy.... But have you tried this event using "changes and becomes" rather than "set"? My fuzzy memory is telling me that the two conditions are different in that "set" implies that you did it where as the other doesn't. Make sense?

And I could be all wet too.

Cheers!

Chris

Michael

Comment

Did it work?

Comment

Originally posted by chrisgrainger View Post
          Did it work?

Michael

Comment

Fingers crossed.

Comment

Originally posted by Rvtravlr View Post
              We have the following event to fire if a Z-Wave lock’s Status is set to Unkown. Unfortunately, it does not trigger as expected.

Ideas?
              I've been waiting for a device to go unknown so that I could get some screenshots to show why this might not work.

"Unknown" is not a true status, it is actually a hidden device setting "DeviceInvalidValue" which is set to True when this happens. As you can see in the screenshots below, even though the Device shows "Unknown" with the question mark graphic, the status and value remain at 0. There is no "Unknown" graphic in the device, it is there because of the Device flag. The device in the screenshot is a root device, that is why it's string is set to "No Status".

I do not know of any way to trigger an Event on Unknown status, since it is not a true status as far as the Event Engine is concerned. It might be possible to look at the device flag with a script, but I haven't looked into it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture1.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	7.5 KB
ID:	1197239

Name:	Capture.PNG
Size:	42.7 KB
ID:	1197238

I used this immediate script to clear the flag:
              Code:
              &hs.DeviceInvalidValue(7173) = False
              which restored the device to normal

Name:	Capture2.PNG
Size:	7.4 KB
ID:	1197240

The next time your lock goes to Unknown, you might look at the device's Advanced tab to see exactly what the Value, String and Status of the device is. Remember - the only thing that native triggers can look at is the Value, Status and String cannot be triggered upon. Spud's plug-in can trigger on the String.
              HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Using EasyTrigger, should the following event trigger?

Thanks to all for your information and suggestions.
                Attached Files
                Michael

Comment

Using EasyTrigger, should the following event trigger?

Thanks to all for your information and suggestions.
                  It depends upon if the string changes to "Unknown". In the example I posted above the device shows as "Unknown" in the device manager, but the string is still "No Status". You would have to look at one of your unknown devices and see what the string is.

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
                    It depends upon if the string changes to "Unknown". In the example I posted above the device shows as "Unknown" in the device manager, but the string is still "No Status". You would have to look at one of your unknown devices and see what the string is.
                    Thank you. I will determine what the string is when it next happens.
                    Michael

Comment

Well, the string did not change to UNKOWN. It was Off/Unlocked. I flooded the lock with commands until I got an Unkown

Is there a way to catch the error from the log? We have quite reliable z-wave but every so often this happens and I would like to trigger on it.
                      Michael

Comment

Well, the string did not change to UNKOWN. It was Off/Unlocked. I flooded the lock with commands until I got an Unkown

Is there a way to catch the error from the log? We have quite reliable z-wave but every so often this happens and I would like to trigger on it.

Comment

Working...
                        X