This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi jstaab-

The mode 4 not being supported is a remnant from another plugin, where you could not set this mode directly. This will be enabled in the next build.

Also, was there a specific script command used in the old plugin to send a direct command? If so, I will emulate that functionality in the new plugin (to preserve scripts). This will most likely be send-only, but a receive might be incorporated if there is enough user need for it.

From the thermostat API, you can use GetCurrentMode to get the correct operating mode (I.E., Heating or Cooling when in auto), then use GetOperating to determine whether the thermostat is calling for the current set mode.

There is not any FanOperating, and this really should be added. I will talk to Rich about this to see if we can change the thermostat API in any way.
    -RJ (HomeSeer Tech)

Comment

Ah, I didn't see those functions in the help file. Do you know if there is a copy of the thermostat API somewhere for reference? Thanks for the info!! Below is what I found in a document for the old plug in:

Cmdsendcustom(therm, custom as string, optional partition as integer)
      This command will send any custom string you wish to thermostat number therm.
      See below for an example of how to use the command. It is designed to send
      custom commands that are not directly supported by the plugin. The thermostat
      address and zone are sent out, any data after that will be the string custom.
      Remember to start out with a space or CHR(32)
      HS: 2.5.0.60
      Environment: Virtual XP as guest in VMWare Server running under Win 7
      Plug-ins: MLHSPlugin|RCS Serial Thermostat|UltraLog|UltraMon|
      Misc: 303 Devices, 313 Events, 68+ Scripts

HSeer: 3.0.0.54
      Plug-ins: BLGData|BLRF|BLRadar|BLRandom|BLSpeech
      UltraM1G3|UltraECM3|UltraMon3|UPBSpud|Z-Wave
      Misc: 148 Devices, 116 Events, 9+ Scripts (so far, still converting)

Comment

Never mind regarding the question about the API, I found a post of yours with all the info, assuming they all work for RCS. For anyone that wants the info, here is the link:

http://forums.homeseer.com/showthrea...thermostat+API

Comment

Hello again,

Thanks for the script reference! I will make sure this function is included in the next build.
          -RJ (HomeSeer Tech)

Comment

I downloaded the zip attached to the first post of this thread - version 2.3.2534.30865. I haven't put it into my prod box yet. But, it looks great. Is the version I listed above the latest release?

Thanks

Comment

Does this plug in support multiple stats on different serial ports? I have 2 zones, and prefer to use 2 different serial ports to connect to them, because of wiring details...

Thanks,
              Frob

Comment

Hi Gang-

A quick update: The Zone controller functionality is almost done. I am working on finishing this right now, and I am planning to post a build this week. The build will be posted to this thread once again, so keep checking for a new version.

Frob - No, unfortunately this plugin will only run on one serial port. I do not beleive that the old plugin supported muntiple prots, and it really would be a huge undertaking to add support for additional ports.
                -RJ (HomeSeer Tech)

Comment

Originally posted by RJ
                  Hi Gang-

A quick update: The Zone controller functionality is almost done. I am working on finishing this right now, and I am planning to post a build this week. The build will be posted to this thread once again, so keep checking for a new version.

Frob - No, unfortunately this plugin will only run on one serial port. I do not beleive that the old plugin supported muntiple prots, and it really would be a huge undertaking to add support for additional ports.
                  Ugh... It's hard to tell what is supported and what isn't. Is there a spec you are working from that outlines all the functionality for the device? The RCS specs all say it can be wired either way, so hence my question.

So, from a wiring perspective, if I use a single RS232-485 converter, and then chain the stats together, will the plugin support talking to multiple stats? I assume that it handles the unit number assignment etc... correctly.

Another question - what is your test setup like? At least we can know what configuration you are testing the code with.

Thanks,
                  Frob

Comment

From what I can tell, he is working based off the existing thermostat API standard that was set for all HVAC devices. I gather he'll add some additional RCS specific features after the base API is functional. This is based off of the existing message threads that I've read. It does support multiple thermostats, at least it works here.

Comment

Originally posted by jstaab
                      From what I can tell, he is working based off the existing thermostat API standard that was set for all HVAC devices. I gather he'll add some additional RCS specific features after the base API is functional. This is based off of the existing message threads that I've read. It does support multiple thermostats, at least it works here.
                      Thanks for the reply. So you have at least a couple TR40's hung off a common RS232-485 converter? As someone who has never installed HS controlled stats before, some amount of documentation would be helpful. All the info that I can find seems to be for the old plugin which doesn't apply anymore.

Thanks,
                      Frob

Comment

I have one TS40 and two TS16 which should work identical to the TR series. I just cranked up the new plug-in and it seemed to work fine. I'm not running the new plug in full time yet since the holidays are right around the corner. After Christmas, I'll drop the plug-in into production and convert all my scripts and events over. Check out the link I posted in this thread, if you haven't looked at it already, as it contains all the information regarding the API. I would imagine as this new plug-in is wrapped up and finalized on the functionality, the help file will be updated accordingly.

Comment

It does support multiple thermostats off one serial port using an RS485 to RS232 converter. In the thermostat config, you specify the address of each thermostat.

As far as using multiple thermostats on different serial ports, I don't believe that is supported, but I'll RJ respond to that. That would seem like an odd configuration.
                          💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by rjh
                            It does support multiple thermostats off one serial port using an RS485 to RS232 converter. In the thermostat config, you specify the address of each thermostat.

As far as using multiple thermostats on different serial ports, I don't believe that is supported, but I'll RJ respond to that. That would seem like an odd configuration.
                            Great. I'll make it work with 1 port...

Thanks,
                            Frob

Comment

Hi All-

Frob- Rich is correct. If these are wired together, and only talk to the computer throug one serial port, we will be all set.

There is a new build posted at the top of this thread. This adds support for the Zone controller thermostats, and also fixes a few bugs. Some things to note on this release:
                              • Please ONLY upgrade if you have a Zone controller. There have been no changes to the Stand-alone thermostats that are significant enough.
                              • This functionality is still INCOMPLETE - Event actions and triggers are not yet supported, but control from the status page is good to go
                              • The UI is not final - I know, it's kinda ugly , but it's evolving. If you can figure out adding thermostats, you can figure out adding zones.
                              • Minor bugs that have been fixed: No more debug on startup, EH is now supported, data read/write improved, Support for SM and SF commands
                              • Damper commands are still not being parsed, nor are VA commands. Any others that are writing a message, please let me know.
                              That's it for now. Please give this a try if you have a zone controller. Full functionality should be done by Friday, Saturday at the latest.
                              -RJ (HomeSeer Tech)

Comment

On the Tr-40's is thier anyway to get the information from the remote thermostats (RS-15) thru this plug-in?

Comment

Working...
                                X