Z-Wave Interface for Homeseer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Z-Wave Interface for Homeseer

I have installed a number of Z-Wave (Vizia) devices (switches, dimmners, controllers) and have set these up using the Vizia primary remote (RZCPG).

Now I'm at the stage where I'd like to interface my Z-Wave system with Homesser. What options do I have for a Z-Wave interface with Homesser? What are the pros and cons? Which one are you using?

Thanks

You have some choices to make.

A) If you wish to keep using the Vizia remote as a primary, you'll need to add a Z-Wave PC interface (as a secondary controller). For this, you can add one of our Z-Trollers or an Intermatic HA22 stick. PRO: you won't have to redo your network. CON: you won't be able to use Z-Seer for diagnostics and you won't be able to optimize your network with a 'rediscovery' command.

b) Use a Z-Troller as your primary controller and convert your Vizia controller to a secondary controller. PRO: You'll be able to run Z-Seer for diagnostics and you'll have the ability to send Z-Wave rediscovery commands to any or all Z-Wave nodes in your home. CON: You'll need to set up your network again.

Mark
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Thanks Mark.

If I don't use the Vizia remote as the primary controller, will all the Leviton features be totally functional e.g. scenes, zones, associations, profiles etc.?

Will the Vizia zone or scene controllers work the same?

I wonder what most Homeseers are doing to interface with Z-wave?

Would the choice of interface be dependent on the brand of Z-wave devices?

My devices at the moment are Vizia Leviton.

Would there be any advantages in sticking with one brand?

Thanks again.

Thanks

Comment

If you use an interface from HomeSeer (either primary or secondary), you will have all the same functionality as the Leviton remote. If you want to be able to optimize the network, the interface will need to be primary.
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Best Z-Wave/Homeseer Configuration

If I use the Z-Troller along with Vizia Dimmers/Dimmers/Modules, would my Vizia remote controller still be needed to setup the Vizia Zone or scene controllers? i.e.Would the Z-Troller do exactly what the Vizia remote controller does in terms of e.g. scenes, zones, associations, profiles etc.?

What is the ideal configuration (interface, control devices etc.) for using Z-wave devices and Homeseer?

Any other thoughts/suggestions/ideas on setting up Z-Wave with Homeseer would be appreciated.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
          X