This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
    you post a hs log snippet of hs starting up after you installed the new plugin. i would like to see if there is anything there
    Mark,

Did you see the attachments (yesterday's & today's logs) to my 3:05PM post ? Or did you mean something else?

Comment

Originally posted by claude View Post
      That would be great. How do I get access to your script?
      see the following new thread
      http://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=142439
      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
      Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
      Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
      Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Mark,

Did you see the attachments (yesterday's & today's logs) to my 3:05PM post ? Or did you mean something else?
        o, i found what i was looking for...

i wonder if the problem was self inflicted, looks like you left the old plugin in place with just a different name. if you want to do this next time, add the version to the end after .dll so HS doesn't pick it up.

2010-06-14 18:43:21 ~!~Error~!~Class not found in plugin DLL: HSPI_Insteon 1.4.2.3.dll Class: HSPI_INSTEON 1.HSPI
        2010-06-14 18:43:21 ~!~Info~!~HS Compatibility, cannot access plug-in HSPI_INSTEON 1.HSPI ActiveX component can't create object
        2010-06-14 18:43:21 ~!~System~!~Registering HSPI_Insteon 1.4.2.3.dll with Windows
        2010-06-14 18:43:23 ~!~Info~!~HS Compatibility, cannot access plug-in HSPI_INSTEON 1.HSPI ActiveX component can't create object
        2010-06-14 18:43:23 ~!~Error~!~Unable to access plugin: HSPI_Insteon 1.4.2.3.dll, try reinstalling plug-in
        2010-06-14 18:43:23 ~!~Plug-In~!~Found plug-in: Insteon, version: 1.4.2.7
        would you mind making a backup of your insteon.ini and .mdb and try another upgrade and see if the same problem occurs. if it does, just shutdown hs and reload your backups.
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Am I getting this right?

If 2 SwitchLinc's are cross-linked and, via HS, I turn either of them on , the target device will adjust its LED, but not the other one. Also the light will come on only if, via HS, I turn on the load bearing SwitcLinc.

I've always compensated for this behaviour by setting up events that actually turn on both participating devices of the cross-linked pair: this way, the light come on for sure and the LED's match.

Am I over simplifying things by saying that Mark's 1.2.4.7 automates what I do with events? Or am I missing some other benefit?

Comment

... looks like you left the old plugin in place with just a different name. if you want to do this next time, add the version to the end after .dll so HS doesn't pick it up.
            Interesting... I've been doing this for some time, renaming old plugin to HSPI_Insteon 1.2.4.3.dll for example and then moving in the new version. Always wondered why the log would show references to my renamed DLL. But then the log would say it found the new version and apparently was happy. Now I remember this is a Windows 'functionality' introduced in some previous version.

Comment

... would you mind making a backup of your insteon.ini and .mdb and try another upgrade and see if the same problem occurs. if it does, just shutdown hs and reload your backups.
              Actually, I was just getting ready to give it a 2nd try.

Comment

Guys,

there was a serious bug in the previous versions (1.4.2.6 and 1.4.2.7) posted on this thread that would delete and recreate insteon groups and this would erase them from any event that used them.

this build should fix this

please upgrade so your events that use insteon groups don't get clobbered.
                Attached Files
                Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

... i can share a vb.net script i wrote to do this, but you will need to take care of the specific to customize it
                  Mark,

Thanks for sharing your code. BTW, I'm having some weird behavior with it, but I'm still drilling down on what's actually happening.

Two questions if you can spare the time:
                  1. In your environment, do you have "auto-sync keypad buttons" checked on the KPL?
                  2. What are the effects of activating this option or not?

Comment

Mark,

Thanks for sharing your code. BTW, I'm having some weird behavior with it, but I'm still drilling down on what's actually happening.

Two questions if you can spare the time:
                    1. In your environment, do you have "auto-sync keypad buttons" checked on the KPL?
                    2. What are the effects of activating this option or not?
                    1. if you are referrring to "Do not auto-sync keypad buttons", i do not have them checked

2. i think it has to do with 'grouping kpl btns'. I'll refer you to the kpl manual for this. Basically you can group 2 or more btns so when 1 is on, the others are off. so the plugin attempts to keep the the kpl btn devices synced with the physical btns. i don't use this grouping feature so i don't know if it actually works. But I haven't seen any complaints so i guess it does.
                    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

here is the next build to support syncing linked devices.

i have change the name of the option checkbox to include the word "responder" but the functionality is the same. basically this option will sync (turn on/off) devices that are linked as responders to the controller device being changed via hs.

kpl btns that control other devices should work now.

notes:
                      1. i have not accounted for dim 0 turning off a kpl btn. please use Off for now.
                      2. controlling responders (via hs) will not affect controllers at this time. i tried this and got some strange results in my house so i need to rethink this.

please provide feedback
                      Attached Files
                      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Guys,
                        has anyone tried this latest build? anything to report
                        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

i have it installed and running. no problems to report. not sure what the differences are from priors, as i was already getting some good, stable results

thanks !

Comment

Working good here too!

Comment

Guys,
                              has anyone tried this latest build? anything to report
                              Installed since you mage it available. No issues. As you know from another thread, I only use the KPL buttons (2 to 5 in a 6 button config) as indicators, so they don't control anything (except for the load button).

Comment

I installed the new plugin,I'm getting "7/24/2010 5:19:39 PM - Insteon - Sending command 02 62 15 0D 4E 05 19 00 to PLM, (Expecting 0 bytes extra back) Pre-Payload ACK:False, NAK is ok:False." Not sure what to do at this point. I'm attaching the error log. Your input is always very much appreciated.

Thanks,
                                Aldo
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X