X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Insteon User Questions

Mark:

I broke down and bought a SmartHome PLM (2413U) and a couple of LampLinc dimmer modules. I installed the PLM plug-in version 1.4.2 from the updater.

Everything is running on my HS test computer and I am able to control the lamplinc devices just fine.

I saw in a post you made today about updating the ftdi chip drivers. I downloaded version 2.06.02, unzipped it and tried to install the driver from the directory I unzipped it from and from the device manager\update driver tab. I get a message that says: Cannot continue the hardware update wizard. It could not find a better match than the currently installed driver. What is installed is 2.6.0.0. Is there another way to update the ftdi drivers?

I currently use a CM11A for my X10 interface. Do I continue to run HS with with the CM11A and the PLM, disable the PLM x10 interface or disable the CM11A?

When I send a command from the PLM to one of my lamplincs is it sent X10 and RF or does it try one first then the other?

Is there an Insteon document somewhere that might answer these questions and others as they come up?

Bob

one way to install the 2.6.2 drivers is to use ftdi "clean" utility to remove the old versions first. The other way is to force the drivers to install by selecting the location of the new drivers (during the update driver) process. you will need to do this for each com port as well as each usb virtual device (basically two times per physical usb device you have connected)

I recommend option 1 - get the ftclean.exe utility from their website. the utility will walk you through the uninstall and reinstall process.

continue with your current x10 interface. I don't use the plm/plugin for x10 either; i still use my smarthome x10 powerlinc

The plugin will communicate with insteon devices using the insteon protocol (not x10). I don't recommend assigning x10 address to your insteon devices.

there isn't a lot of insteon documentation out there but insteon.net does have some.

searching this forum or the smarthome.com forum is your best bet.
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Working...
    X