This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I use Homeseer to link insteon swtichs

I have a small number of insteon devices. Some are in-line modules and I am currently expanding my system.

I have USB 2414U

Currently I have the homeseer trail installed and have added 3 of my devices

Is it possible to program the new switches using homeseer?

So when I actually push button A it will turn on switch Kitchen 1 and Hall 2 without the PC running? I have 4, 6 button keypadlinc switches.

Or can this only be done using events in homeseer?

The documentation seems to be alittle weak for homeseer or maybe I am looking in the wrong places. Any information and suggestions would be great

Okay I think the proper term would be can I crosslink switches with HomeSeer other then using events

Or is there other software that will do this.

Do not want to have to go in the attic everytime I a device

Comment

Hi snuffy47,

Yes it's possible. I have some dimmers that i've crosslink manually and some that I crosslink from HS with th Inteon PLM plugin from mnsandler.

Comment

Okay now I am confused

I have the USB 2414U. Should I be using the plugin 1.4.2.0 plugin or the
        1.1.52.1 plugin?

I did have the 1.1.52.1 installed an was communicating with 3 of my 6 button keylinc 6 button switches but since I uninstalled homeseer and installed the 1.4.2.0 it tells me at the config page
        You do not have the I/O interface enabled in HomeSeer **
        Insteon functions are only available when the I/O interface is enabled.

** Unable to communicate with the Insteon powerline interface ***
        Please make sure the interface is configured correctly and restart the plug-in

The main reason for using Homeseer is to crosslink ect from PC instead of from the units. I have 3 inline relays in my attic and am expanding my system.

06/08/2010 8:16:47 PM - Error - Initializing interface: Insteon->Could not open COM4 - System.IO.IOException: The port 'COM4' does not exist. at System.IO.Ports.InternalResources.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String str) at System.IO.Ports.SerialStream..ctor(String portName, Int32 baudRate, Parity parity, Int32 dataBits, StopBits stopBits, Int32 readTimeout, Int32 writeTimeout, Handshake handshake, Boolean dtrEnable, Boolean rtsEnable, Boolean discardNull, Byte parityReplace) at System.IO.Ports.SerialPort.Open() at HSPI_INSTEON.HSPI.PLM_Interface_Initialize()

Is log error

Like I said I did have the other plugin working but could not figure out how to edit links

Comment

Hi,

I'm using the 1.4.2.0 version of the plugin. I'm also using a serial PowerLink Modem (PLM).

I'm not familliar with the PLC.

Sorry,

Comment

Originally posted by snuffy47 View Post
            I have a small number of insteon devices. Some are in-line modules and I am currently expanding my system.

I have USB 2414U

Currently I have the homeseer trail installed and have added 3 of my devices

Is it possible to program the new switches using homeseer?

So when I actually push button A it will turn on switch Kitchen 1 and Hall 2 without the PC running? I have 4, 6 button keypadlinc switches.

Or can this only be done using events in homeseer?

The documentation seems to be alittle weak for homeseer or maybe I am looking in the wrong places. Any information and suggestions would be great
            the plugin will do what you ask, except doing a manual reset.

But the 2414u is no longer supported with homeseer. if you want to play around with homeseer and your 2414u, here is the last version i built for the PLC.

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=139981

yes the documentation is weak, but you should be able to find most answers by searching the plm forum.

if you are truly interested in using homeseer with insteon, return the 2414u and get a 2413s.
            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
            Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
            Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
            Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Thank you for the information

Guess I should have read more about what interface to purchase.

Will review this and look at returning my 2414 25% restocking fee

Thanks again

Comment

Can not figure out how to install this version of plugin

I looked through the updater after placing zip file in Updater2/Zip folder

Could someone point me in the right direction please

Comment

You should just be able to install it by shutting down homeseer and the copy the new version to your main homeseer installation folder. You will likely see an existing version of the DLL there that will be overwritten. Then, start HS back up. Anyway, that is the way I would do it.
                  - Tom

HSPro/Insteon
                  Web Site
                  YouTube Channel

Comment

Thanks

I did that and I get an intialization error

giving up soon

Comment

Make sure you have the correct plugin loaded. They have the same name but are different
                      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
                      Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
                      Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
                      Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Okay

Should I be using the PLM or PLC file?

Comment

Originally posted by snuffy47 View Post
                          okay

should i be using the plm or plc file?
                          plc
                          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
                          X