This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Web Login Twice

I recently got a new computer. And in the process went from Windows XP to Win7. After re-installing HS2 on the new computer (and sadly having to deal with the UAC issue), everything works OK. With one minor exception. Whenever I log into the web server externally, I have to enter the Username and Password twice. Any ideas what might cause this?

BT

Which browser are you using?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I'd like to know too. With me, it is random, sometimes it does and sometimes it is just once. When it does take two, the next time it starts off as homeseer1, then homeseer2, and so on. When it gets close to ten or more it gets flaky and needs to be rebooted.
      I mostly use Firefox with IE tab (so it is in an IE window).

Comment

Think it is when you have "Inactivity Logout" enabled on the Setup/Web server Page.

Comment

It's always done that for me. Since I use Roboform, it's only a second click.

Comment

Originally posted by beachbt View Post
            I recently got a new computer. And in the process went from Windows XP to Win7. After re-installing HS2 on the new computer (and sadly having to deal with the UAC issue), everything works OK. With one minor exception. Whenever I log into the web server externally, I have to enter the Username and Password twice. Any ideas what might cause this?

BT
            Same thing here, using Google Chrome but used that before upgrading to Windows 7 and new install of HS2.

Comment

Originally posted by 8r1an View Post
              Think it is when you have "Inactivity Logout" enabled on the Setup/Web server Page.
              Interesting Brian. I just looked and mine is off (don't remember setting it to off). However, I have not had the double login problem for a very long time. I use Mostly IE and firefox and chrome sometimes.
              Paul

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
                Which browser are you using?
                It happens with all browsers I have tried. Firefox, Chrome, MSIE, Safari (iPhone).

BT

Comment

This is now happening to me too. It started right after the .82 update. Nothing else on the pc changed prior to that update.

I did have another problem that resulted in me having to completely uninstall and re-install from scratch, so i guess that's when it really started.

I just turned the "inactivity logout" to off which was on.

Comment

Working...
                  X