Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Web Interface not responding

Hi All,

I moved from Smarthings to HS3 as I was having some real issues with things not executing properly with ST.

At the moment everything was working fine for a couple of days then suddenly I no longer have access to the web interface from my computer or from the app on my phone. I can however login to my HS3 dedicated computer and access the web interface from there.

Does anyone have some thoughts? Is there any information I can give that can help me resolve this problem?

To fix the issues I just have to reboot the HS3 computer. I can still trigger events through voice command (Alexa) and through the web interface when logged into the HS3 machine.

I am running HS3 Pro on the following hardware:
    Windows 10
    32Gb SATA SSD Pre
    Dual Core Atom 1.86Ghz CPU
    2Gb DDR3 RAM
    Dual Intel 82574L LAN Ports

I have the following plugins enabled:
    Z-Wave
    Vista Alarm
    Sonos (I have disabled and uninstalled this, but it was active for a bit)
    Nest (I have disabled and uninstalled this, but it was active for a bit)

When this issue happens how exactly are your trying to connect? Using myHomeSeer or directly via the ipaddress?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

From another machine on your network, see if you can go to: find.homeseer.com
      Does your HS3 machine show up here?
      HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
      54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
      Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Sounds like your host HS3 machine IP is changing... so you can log in from that machine to the web client, but not other machines. Do you have that IP setup as static in your router?

Comment

When this issue happens how exactly are your trying to connect? Using myHomeSeer or directly via the ipaddress?
          Both ways. I try using myHomeSeer through the iPhone app and attempt to browse to 192.168.1.201 (that static IP my HS3 computer is set to). Both fail.

From another machine on your network, see if you can go to: find.homeseer.com
          Does your HS3 machine show up here?
          It is showing up right now, but I already rebooted. I will see if this shows up when the web interface is failing next time. I suspect it will not.

Sounds like your host HS3 machine IP is changing... so you can log in from that machine to the web client, but not other machines. Do you have that IP setup as static in your router?
          It is set to a static IP. When logged into my HS3 machine I can browse to 192.168.1.201 with success, but any other computer on the network fails until I reboot the HS3 machine.

Comment

If you can always go to 192.168.1.201 and it works then something on this hardware is blocking access after a period of time. Are you running any firewalls or antivirus software? Are you using the ipaddress binding option within HS3?
            💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

If you can always go to 192.168.1.201 and it works then something on this hardware is blocking access after a period of time. Are you running any firewalls or antivirus software? Are you using the ipaddress binding option within HS3?
              I'll have to check if anything is blocking access. It is a fresh install of Windows 10. Default Windows firewall is active I'm sure, but I will disable it and see what happens.

I do not believe I am using the IP Address binding option. I will also check on that. Should I be using this?

I do not believe this is the problem, but I have ordered another 2GB of ram as there was an extra slot. 4GB should help it run a bit smoother, but I can't see how it relates to this issues.

Comment

It has stopped responding again. Everything was working fine since the reboot and this morning I can not access the web interface again. It must have stopped last night as the Christmas lights event did not trigger.

Here is what is happening:

1. I can not access web interface from my computer through network.
                2. I can access HomeSeer interface directly from the device.
                3. Events are not triggering.
                4. I can control with Alexa and from the HS interface from the HS machine.
                5. When going to find.homeseer.com HomeSeer is found, but still unable to get to interface.

I haven't rebooted yet in case there are any logs to check. I have disabled the Windows Firewall per a suggestion and set the binding address in HS to 192.168.1.201 (the static IP assigned to the device).

If no one has any idea what is going on is their documentation on backing up my events and devices, removing HS from the machine, reinstalling HS, and restoring my events and devices.

Comment

Working...
                X