No announcement yet.

Looking for an Audio matrix switchers from 8x8 and up compatible with HomeSeer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for an Audio matrix switchers from 8x8 and up compatible with HomeSeer

Hello HomeSeer forums,

So I've been working the past couple of days on finding a suitable audio solution for large homes (+8 physical inputs and 8+ Zones) that's fully compatible with HomeSeer via a plugin/script.

I've looked around several threads here, and there are some very formidable solutions out there, like Russound's MCA88X, HTD's MCA66 and the XAP800 by ClearOne, those three have plugins available, which is great.

But both the Russound and HTD ones seem to be limited to just ~6 inputs max (expansion options are only for adding outputs not inputs, at least that's what I'm understanding reading their user guides).

The ClearOne XAP800 seems like a perfect fit for what we're looking for, with its 12 inputs and 12 outputs, but unfortunately the product is EOL.

So my question to you guys is:

Is there a modern audio matrix solution for large homes that's fully compatible with HomeSeer via a plugin/script?

Thanks, have a great day guys.

bump ):

Comment

I'm just mostly curious why you would need 8 inputs these days?

Comment

It looks like this might do want you want
        AudioControl M6800

AudioControl
        DSteiNeuro

HS3Pro

MSI Cubi Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-5200U CPU @ 2.20GHz, 2201 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s) 16GB DDRl RAM

Enabled Plug-Ins
        BLRussound, BLSpeech, HSTouch Server, JowiHue, MyQ, Nest, Rain8, Squeezebox, Ultra1Wire3, UltraGCIR3, Vista Alarm, X10,Z-Wave

Comment

Originally posted by DSteiNeuro View Post
          AudioControl M6800

AudioControl

That thing looks like a beast!
          Originally posted by rprade
          There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

Indeed!
            This just seems to have materialized from nothing - but worthy of investigation.

Comment

Originally posted by Monk View Post
              Indeed!
              This just seems to have materialized from nothing - but worthy of investigation.
              I saw it just by chance as an ad in the current CEPro magazine. I bet it is $$

I am pretty happy with my Russound 8x8. I have all of the inputs assigned but really only use a couple. I use a mixer to mix in HomeSeer Voice alerts over the music input (I mute the music and send the Voice Message using BLRussound and BLSpeech). Works great but I got sick of the voice messages and have it turned off

I have 10 output zones. I split 2 of the zones using an A/B switch to get 10 out of the 8.
              DSteiNeuro

HS3Pro

MSI Cubi Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-5200U CPU @ 2.20GHz, 2201 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s) 16GB DDRl RAM

Enabled Plug-Ins
              BLRussound, BLSpeech, HSTouch Server, JowiHue, MyQ, Nest, Rain8, Squeezebox, Ultra1Wire3, UltraGCIR3, Vista Alarm, X10,Z-Wave

Comment

I saw it just by chance as an ad in the current CEPro magazine. I bet it is $$

I am pretty happy with my Russound 8x8.

What model Russound ?

Comment

I have a solid 12 zone system using the russound CAV6.6. It will actually do 7 sources using the front panel input. You also have the ability to do different sources on different units. The great thing is that they are cheap on ebay. 10% of the original cost. Also, I am using the composite video input as a switcher for digital audio. Works great.

In some rooms (5.1 and 7.1) setups, I have a dedicated receiver. They have local inputs as well as the russound input.

Comment

Originally posted by Tomgru View Post
                    I'm just mostly curious why you would need 8 inputs these days?
                    So I can connect all of my video sources to this as well.

AppleTVs, DirecTV boxes, BluRays, etc.

Comment

AudioControl M6800

AudioControl
                      Does look amazing, what a nice find!.

Huge thanks mate!

Comment

Has any one written a plug in for AudioControl?
                        impressive line of equipment
                        Blair

HomeSeer: HS3 Pro | Blue-Iris 4 on Windows10Pro
                        | Devices: 832 | Events: 211 |
                        Plug-Ins: Z-Wave | RFXCOM | UltraRachio3 | Sonos
                        BLLAN | BLLOCK | NetCAM | Global Cache Pro | Blue-Iris4

Comment

Originally posted by BlairG View Post
                          Has any one written a plug in for AudioControl?
                          impressive line of equipment
                          Would be interested in this as well.

Comment

Working...
                          X