Apple Homekit(Siri) integration with Homeseer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But then I start adding accessories...

Error: Cannot add a bridged Accessory with the same UUID as another bridged Accessory: 0012f4f2-cd73-4bf6-8ed0-6ba182637d59

Comment

Hey stipus, thanks for doing this. Is there any way to use it with a homeseer user and password? Mine is user/pass protected...

Comment

Sigh... I just have to rename all the devices in my house.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by joegrace13 View Post
          Sigh... I just have to rename all the devices in my house.

No you can add a name property for each device in the config file
          --
          stipus

Comment

Originally posted by jayman13 View Post
            Hey stipus, thanks for doing this. Is there any way to use it with a homeseer user and password? Mine is user/pass protected...
            You are the first to ask.... I'll do this
            --
            stipus

Comment

Hmm... I'll have to take a look at that. Is there a list of all properties we can define someplace?

Comment

Hmm... I'll have to take a look at that. Is there a list of all properties we can define someplace?
                At the beginning of the file platforms/HomeSeer.js
                You can always override the HomeSeer name using the name property, such as in the following example:

{
                "ref":9,
                "type":"Lightbulb",
                "name":"Lampe Orange",
                "onValue":101
                },
                --
                stipus

Comment

Never mind... RTFM. Sorry, I'm looking at your HomeSeer.js Example.

Thank you Stipus

Comment

Originally posted by stipus View Post
                    You are the first to ask.... I'll do this

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by jayman13 View Post
                      Thanks
                      In fact it already works with HomeSeer authentication.

In the platform configuration you can add the homeseer user and password in the host parameter.

PHP Code:
                      "host":"http://user:password@ip_address" 
                      I just tested with user stipus and password test

PHP Code:
                        {

"platform""HomeSeer",        

"name""HomeSeer",             

"host""http://stipus:test@192.168.3.4:81",

"accessories":[ ....... 
                      --
                      stipus

Comment

Here is (attached) a new version of the HomeSeer Platform with Thermostat support.

Example configuration:

PHP Code:
                         "platforms": [
                             {

"platform""HomeSeer",              // Required

"name""HomeSeer",                  // Required

"host""http://192.168.3.4:81",     // Required - If you did setup HomeSeer authentication, use "http://user:password@ip_address:port"

"accessories":[
                                    {

"ref":8,                        // Required - HomeSeer Device Reference (To get it, select the HS Device - then Advanced Tab) 

"type":"Lightbulb",             // Optional - Lightbulb is the default

"name":"My Light",              // Optional - HomeSeer device name is the default

"offValue":"0",                 // Optional - 0 is the default

"onValue":"100",                // Optional - 100 is the default

"can_dim":true                  // Optional - true is the default - false for a non dimmable lightbulb

},
                                    {

"ref":9                         // This is a dimmable Lightbulb by default

},
                                    {

"ref":58,                       // This is an controllable outlet

"type":"Outlet"

},
                                    {

"ref":111,

"type":"TemperatureSensor",     // Required for a temperature sensor

"temperatureUnit":"F",          // Optional - C is the default

"name":"Bedroom temp"           // Optional - HomeSeer device name is the default

},
                                    {

"ref":113,                      // Required - HomeSeer Device Reference of the Current Temperature Device

"type":"Thermostat",            // Required for a Thermostat

"name":"Température Salon",     // Optional - HomeSeer device name is the default

"temperatureUnit":"C",          // Optional - F for Fahrenheit, C for Celsius, C is the default

"setPointRef":167,              // Required - HomeSeer device reference for your thermostat Set Point.

"setPointReadOnly":true,        // Optional - Set to false if your SetPoint is read/write. true is the default

"stateRef":166,                 // Required - HomeSeer device reference for your thermostat current state

"stateOffValues":[0,4,5],       // Required - List of the HomeSeer device values for a HomeKit state=OFF

"stateHeatValues":[1],          // Required - List of the HomeSeer device values for a HomeKit state=HEAT

"stateCoolValues":[2],          // Required - List of the HomeSeer device values for a HomeKit state=COOL

"stateAutoValues":[3],          // Required - List of the HomeSeer device values for a HomeKit state=AUTO

"controlRef":168,               // Required - HomeSeer device reference for your thermostat mode control (It can be the same as stateRef for some thermostats)

"controlOffValue":0,            // Required - Value for OFF

"controlHeatValue":1,           // Required - Value for HEAT

"controlCoolValue":2,           // Required - Value for COOL

"controlAutoValue":3,           // Required - Value for AUTO

"coolingThresholdRef":169,      // Optional - Not-implemented-yet - HomeSeer device reference for your thermostat cooling threshold

"heatingThresholdRef":170       // Optional - Not-implemented-yet - HomeSeer device reference for your thermostat heating threshold               

}
                                 ]
                             }
                         ], 
                        Attached file removed, as it is now included in the latest homebridge distribution
                        Last edited by stipus; October 12, 2015, 03:34 AM.
                        --
                        stipus

Comment

In fact it already works with HomeSeer authentication.

In the platform configuration you can add the homeseer user and password in the host parameter.

PHP Code:
                          "host":"http://user:password@ip_address" 
                          I just tested with user stipus and password test

PHP Code:
                            {

"platform""HomeSeer",        

"name""HomeSeer",             

"host""http://stipus:test@192.168.3.4:81",

"accessories":[ ....... 

Cool. Should have tried that. Thanks.

Comment

Anybody know how I might add the nest platform when you have 2 thermostats?

When I add:

{
                            "platform" : "Nest",
                            "name" : "Nest",
                            "username" : "username",
                            "password" : "password"
                            },

I get this error:

[Nest] Initializing platform accessory 'Nest'...
                            [Nest] Initializing platform accessory 'Nest'...

/root/homebridge/node_modules/HAP-NodeJS/lib/Accessory.js:164
                            throw new Error("Cannot add a bridged Accessory with the same UUID as an

Comment

Comment

I think that this brings us to the same subject back 11 years ago when I created MLHSPlugin. Essentially it was a bridge between HomeSeer and MLServer just like HomeBridge is a bridge between Homekit and HS.

Rather than worry about mapping every single device, it is subjectively more efficient to create scenes that perform the desired functionality and then execute them. This will decrease the number of devices needed to be entered and essentially will make home automation more usable.

I have over a thousand different devices in HomeSeer. There is no way that I would ever remember every single name of each device. Therefore, I will logically map out my home into various scenes depending the various "modes" that my house would normally be in and create mappings between HomeKit scenes to HomeSeer scenes.

Re-reading your earlier post I now have a better understanding how scenes can be "bridged" between HomeKit and HomeSeer. Bringing back visibility to this as I think this is the key to success.

Thanks!

I think it's possible to publish HS Events as HomeKit stateless switches through HomeBridge. Unfortunately I don't think a HomeKit Accessory Server can publish a HomeKit scene.

HomeSeer has a JSON API to run an event, and it should be easy to add a "events" section to the config.json file, and create a HomeKit switch for each event.

Then you can easily create a HomeKit scene with the name you want, that runs the HomeSeer event.
                                HomeSeer 2, HomeSeer 3, Allonis myServer, Amazon Alexa Dots, ELK M1G, ISY 994i, HomeKit, BlueIris, and 6 "4k" Cameras using NVR, and integration between all of these systems. Home Automation since 1980.

Comment

Working...
                                X