• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feature Requests

Please post your feature requests here.

Thanks
    NicolaiL
    Nicolai L

Hi NicolaiL; this is not so much a feature request but a documentation request.

I am wondering which are the systems you had in mind with this plugin. Would it be compatible with the Ricochet Premier Elite Panels and one of the following interfaces:

• Premier Elite ComWiFi
    • Premier Elite Com IP
    • Premier Elite Com GSM
    • Premier Elite Com 2400
    • Premier Elite Com 300

I understand the USB or Serial interface "Texecom JAA-0001 PC-COM Serial Interface Connector" or the "Texecom JAC-0001 PC-USB Serial Interface Connector" can be used - is that any of the above?

Many thanks
    Chris

Comment

Hi Chris

Sorry for a slightly shorter response time but I an away on holiday at the moment.

The way this work is that the plugin talks to the USB or serial interface which is an add-on module to the alarm system. I'm by no means a Texecom expert! but I believe that any system which has room for this add-on module should be able to work. However you should check with your installers first I would suggest.

Appreciate this is not a direct answer to your question but hopefully held you move forward.

Regards
      Nicolai
      Nicolai L

Comment

ComIP

Good Morning,

Can I request that the plugin be made to work with the Texecom ComIP?

As I'm sure not all alarm panels are located next to a Homeseer PC, it would have a wider appeal to people deciding what system to install.

And.. I personally would definitely be purchasing this plugin.

Comment

Originally posted by bibowoka View Post
          Can I request that the plugin be made to work with the Texecom ComIP?

As I'm sure not all alarm panels are located next to a Homeseer PC, it would have a wider appeal to people deciding what system to install.
          Nicolai L

Comment

Thanks for the speedy reply! I understand your concerns for security if it does indeed operate on Java.

I'll look into the Serial / IP option!

Comment

It's probably also worth mentioning that the ComIP seems to be a serial gateway solution anyway. This module is connected to the Serial port on the Texecom panel and then presents an IP connected externally!
              Nicolai L

Comment

Tested the plugin on a trial, and it works brilliantly. I have just made a license purchase.

If we're talking feature requests, it would be great to get some triggers on alarm events (Intruder, Panic and Fire). Maybe just three status devices that we can set our own events up when their 'activated' status changes.

Comment

Tested the plugin on a trial, and it works brilliantly. I have just made a license purchase.

If we're talking feature requests, it would be great to get some triggers on alarm events (Intruder, Panic and Fire). Maybe just three status devices that we can set our own events up when their 'activated' status changes.
                  Thanks for the feedback. Good to hear!

I didn't create triggers as you can just trigger on the change of device value for the area status.

With the Crestron protocol you don't get a very detailed status on what is causing the alarm, but this does exist in the Simple protocol. Not sure if you are using both COM ports on your setup or only Crestron?

I am planning to get the Simple protocol to support additional area status codes like the ones you suggest. That is on the to-do list already
                  Nicolai L

Comment

The plug-in is working great for me!

Any chance or way I can run this as multiple instance for a second home?

Comment

The plug-in is working great for me!

Any chance or way I can run this as multiple instance for a second home?
                      Glad to hear it. It doesn't support multi-instance at the moment. I'll add it to the list of things to think about in the future, but there are quite a lot of other features I want to add first.
                      Nicolai L

Comment

Hi

I'm very excited about this plugin (as a new HomeSeer user), as I've been looking for something like this for ages.

So, I've got my Serial to WiFi kit in the post coming to me so I can integrate my Texecom alarm panel with HomeSeer, but have a question regarding the Crestron vs Simple Protocol. In your description of the Simple Protocol, you appear to mention two serial ports. Why is this necessary? Are you saying that if I want to use the Simple Protocol I have to have TWO serial to WiFi adapters? That seems incredibly over-kill, but I understand this is probably a requirement of the alarm panel rather than the plugin, but can you just confirm?

What will I NOT be able to do with the Crestron protocol vs the Simple Protocol?

Thanks

Ian

Comment

Originally posted by pagewrite View Post
                          Hi

I'm very excited about this plugin (as a new HomeSeer user), as I've been looking for something like this for ages.

So, I've got my Serial to WiFi kit in the post coming to me so I can integrate my Texecom alarm panel with HomeSeer, but have a question regarding the Crestron vs Simple Protocol. In your description of the Simple Protocol, you appear to mention two serial ports. Why is this necessary? Are you saying that if I want to use the Simple Protocol I have to have TWO serial to WiFi adapters? That seems incredibly over-kill, but I understand this is probably a requirement of the alarm panel rather than the plugin, but can you just confirm?

What will I NOT be able to do with the Crestron protocol vs the Simple Protocol?

Thanks

Ian
                          You ask a good question. Rather than answer it here, I have written a sticky and posted in to the board. See here: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=184878

Hope this helps...
                          Nicolai L

Comment

How do you send a Carriage return CHR[13] to the serial port. I am trying to send messages to a few weeder interface boards from Weedtech.com

Comment

Originally posted by juanvaldes View Post
                              How do you send a Carriage return CHR[13] to the serial port. I am trying to send messages to a few weeder interface boards from Weedtech.com
                              Maybe I'm misunderstanding something, but not sure how you use the weedtech product with your Texecom alarmsystem?
                              Nicolai L

Comment

Working...
                              X