Homeseer Home Automation Skill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Am not have any luck with the skill labelled "The Power Users Choice" (Homeseer Home Automation Skill) although things work fine with the basic Homeseer skill.

When I try to use the advanced skill, Alexa consistently advised "that device was not found".

The associated devices are enabled for voice commands as indicated in the Homeseer Amazon Echo Integration page.

Could the problem be that I have both skills enabled? (Are they mutually exclusive?)

Appreciate any advice you can provide.

Both Skills live togather

Originally posted by tgilroy View Post
    Am not have any luck with the skill labelled "The Power Users Choice" (Homeseer Home Automation Skill) although things work fine with the basic Homeseer skill.

When I try to use the advanced skill, Alexa consistently advised "that device was not found".

The associated devices are enabled for voice commands as indicated in the Homeseer Amazon Echo Integration page.

Could the problem be that I have both skills enabled? (Are they mutually exclusive?)

Appreciate any advice you can provide.

Both skills work well together with "Tell Homeseer" being the differentiator. Are you saying that you can control a device (off/on) with one skill but when you "Tell Homeseer" to control the same device Alexa fails to fine the device? If yes someone else will have to help.

Comment

Yes, that is the exact situation. Any command with the "Tell Homeseer" introductions yields the same "that device was not found" response.

Comment

Originally posted by tgilroy View Post
        Yes, that is the exact situation. Any command with the "Tell Homeseer" introductions yields the same "that device was not found" response.
        What version of HS3 are you running?
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Did you link both skills to your HS3 system?

You need to use the login screen for the API and the non-API skill separately.
          Wade

"I know nothing... nothing!"

Comment

I am on HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.297 (Windows).

In the Alexa App, both skills are visible under "Skills/Your Skills" but when viewed from "Smart Home", all I see is the Homeseer skill, not the Homeseer Home Automation Skill. When I choose "Get More Smart Home Skills", the one I already have (Homeseer) is a choice, but the missing one (Homeseer Home Automation) is not visible.

I find the same contradiction between skills listed in Your Skills and Smart Home when I access Alexa via website and PC.

Comment

I have the exact same problem, is there any solution/trick?

Comment

I don't see the second skill listed either on the Smart Home page, but it seems to work for some devices but not others. I have not been able to figure out why it can find some devices and not others when all devices are listed in the app. I

've also found if I remove a device from the app and re-discover that sometimes that will all of a sudden start working or a device that was working will stop working when I re-discover. I haven't figured out the reason. This thing has very unpredictable behavior.

Comment

Working...
                X