This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ultra

On point 5, I dont know as yet.. I'll stick a resistor network across it and see what it reports...

Thanks..Pete
    HS 2.2.0.11

Comment

Ultra, thanks for the plugin!

Couple requests, maybe they are already there...

#1 - How do you display the value of an analog input zone? In Volts? Do you have any equation params you can enter to turn voltage into a real world value (water level, etc.?)

#2 - After clicking on a Elk Output Zone in the Status window and changing its name to something more readable, I no longer can tell which output that device corresponds to in the elk panel? Is there a way?

Thanks again,

Scott

Comment

A couple more things related to above...

When creating an event using Elk Zones/Outputs for either the trigger combo box or the action combo box, they are listed as "Output 1", "Output 2", etc, rather than what I named them in Homeseer or even ElkRP for that matter.

I would prefer to see the Home seer name in that list as I will be having possibly as many as a 100 inputs and outputs and trying to keep the numbers straight will be tough.

Thanks!

Scott

Comment

I guess one way around lack of description for inputs and outputs is to make them all home seer devices, then the decriptive names are shown when interacting with a device.

Scott

Comment

Scott, I added your feature request to the list (see first post).
            Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Who is disarming the Elk events.

I'd like to know if it's possible to know who disarm the system?

I want to be able to trigger some action base on who desarm it.

A device should show the last user who disarm the system.

I could adjust lighting and music/TV base on who is arriving. I could also display personnal messages and remainders.

<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Comment

Does the lighting control support dimming?

Scott

Comment

Scott

Go into the ELK and define it as "dimming" instead of on/off. In the plugin, click the "reload data" button and you will see. Sorry I dont have any dimming lights so I cant tell...

Pete
                  HS 2.2.0.11

Comment

Pete,

I have some set as dimmers and some as on/off. They all show up in HS with the option to turn on or off, but there is no dim drop down box as with other dimmable devices.

Scott

Comment

The underlying plug-in supports dimming, but the HomeSeer devices created by the plug-in do not support dimming. The Elk ASCII Protocol does not expose the device type (e.g. dimming), so the plug-in can't automatically determine if the device supports dimming. I am still exploring options on how to handle lighting devices that support dimming.

Regards,
                      Ultrajones
                      Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Ultra

Having a look at the protocol myself, why not place a 2nd check box against the PLC device for "dimmable", when creating the device, which then enables the function in HS ?. What about in the device name, make the user put a:

*D, _D etc in the device name on the ELK as then the plugin looks for that in the name string ( last 2 characters) and turns the function on ?

Agreed its not automagic however its then made available to the user...

Pete
                        HS 2.2.0.11

Comment

Ultra

Could you please add, create an input and output device for each keypad so we can use those in HS.

Thanks..Pete
                          HS 2.2.0.11

Comment

How about when creating an event, on the device action, for UltraM1 Task Activation, a description is added instead of just "Task 001"?

Now "Task 001"
                            New "Task 001 - Activate Lasers"

Comment

Hi Ultra

When setting up inputs for "Non-Alarm" for N/O and N/C inputs, can you change the definitions and icons for the devices ?

Currently for my non alarm inputs, under Zone definitions I see:

<TABLE border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=tablerowodd>002</TD><TD class=tablerowodd>1</TD><TD class=tablerowodd>Normal [Open]</TD><TD class=tablerowodd>Heat Valve</TD><TD class=tablerowodd>Non Alarm</TD><TD class=tablerowodd>7/30/2007 10:11:19 AM</TD><TD class=tablerowodd><INPUT disabled type=checkbox CHECKED value=002 name=chkAddZone></TD></TR><TR><TD class=tableroweven>003</TD><TD class=tableroweven>1</TD><TD class=tableroweven>Normal [Open]</TD><TD class=tableroweven>Fan</TD><TD class=tableroweven>Non Alarm</TD><TD class=tableroweven>7/30/2007 10:05:19 AM</TD><TD class=tableroweven><INPUT disabled type=checkbox CHECKED value=003 name=chkAddZone></TD></TR><TR><TD class=tablerowodd>004</TD><TD class=tablerowodd>1</TD><TD class=tablerowodd>Normal [Open]</TD><TD class=tablerowodd>Compressor</TD><TD class=tablerowodd>Non Alarm</TD><TD class=tablerowodd>7/30/2007 10:05:18 AM</TD><TD class=tablerowodd><INPUT disabled type=checkbox CHECKED value=004 name=chkAddZone></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Rather than showing secure/violated on the status page, could you show on/off and a different icon ?

Cheers..Pete
                              HS 2.2.0.11

Comment

Feature and Bug still need attention:

2 issues are hampering my use of this plug in.

1) Allow the plug in to utilize multiple areas. The areas show up in the areas list (Elk Ultra plug in page), but the check box to enable them is disabled. Can only enable the first area. It also shows they are unnamed when I know they are named.

2) Get access to the voltage from an alalog input. I have several input s that are reading custom voltages and I need that information in Home Seer.

Any idea if these are going to happen?

Scott

Comment

Working...
                                X