Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need some help chasing down an issue

Good morning all,
    I'm having trouble with my DSC panel, communicating to my HS server which I interface with BLDSC. We had a terrible storm that blew out some electronics (mostly ethernet switches and wall warts) but one thing that I can't get working now is my alarm to HS. It appears that the plugin is seeing the com port, because on the plugin page on the right side under plugin status it has a the greeen "OK" When I send a command via HS, the command shows up in the log as it should but nothing happens at the panel. I've checked the com ports in the control panel of the computer, and they all seem okay. The panel has the IT-100 serial board installed and there is a light blinking on the board. Any ideas as to what I need to be looking at? I've never had so much trouble getting it to work when I've had software issues. I do still have the old 5401 board, do you suppose the IT100 could have gone bad? Just seems odd that being it's not the entry point of anything that the storm could have reached it. Maybe I should swap them?

Thanks in advance,
    John

Do you see any errors in the log?

You can try swapping it to rule that out.
    Cheers,
    Bob
    Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Originally posted by Blade View Post
      Do you see any errors in the log?

You can try swapping it to rule that out.
      Hi Blade,
      Do you mean in the start up log? Nope, everything looks good. I'll pop that old board in there and see if they does anything different. Quick question, I've been going over my settings in the plugin and on the comm port settings, should it be MScommlib or serial port?

Thanks,

John

Comment

I would try MSCommLib first
        Cheers,
        Bob
        Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Working...
        X