Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Removing unused nodes how..

Hi..

I started moving my system from vera to Homeseer HS3 and started experimenting with it by adding and removing new nodes to see how it works, but i see that every time i add and then remove a node i get a new number 1...2...3.

1. is there a way to delete unused nodes numbers so i can start organized..?

2. how do i do a system backup in homeseer before i add a new node ( i have aeotec gen5 stick).

Thanks.

I believe that any unused node numbers will be automatically recycled when you reach the limit of nodes (255?), trying to change them to fit in a sequence is probably more trouble than what it is worth.

The simplest way on windows is probably just to make a new copy of your entire HS directory if you want a complete system backup, failing that copying your data directory will keep all of the databases that the plugins use. If you want to copy the controller in built data I'm not sure that there is a way to do that automatically (in the controller management page you have the option to back the interface up).

Comment

So if Backup the entire HS folder do the trick what is the backup option inside HS3 do...? and what's the advantage of having a dongle with backup option...?

Comment

Originally posted by smargi View Post
        So if Backup the entire HS folder do the trick what is the backup option inside HS3 do...? and what's the advantage of having a dongle with backup option...?
        The backup option in HS probably does just as good a job, it backs up the script/config/data directories which is the essential bits. I don't really know the intricacies of Z-Wave devices I think some do support the backup/restore options which I guess is good if you completely have a HS problem.

Comment

Working...
        X