How to send announcements to Chromecast only

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to send announcements to Chromecast only

I have an Intel NUC running Windows 10 Pro 64-bit with a speaker directly plugged into the audio out port (headphone jack) of the NUC and a Google Home mini attached to the same wireless network. When I have a "Speak Something" event the speech goes to both the local speaker and the Google Home Mini (via Chromecast Plugin) almost simultaneously. This is working fine but I would like to have the speech just go to the Chromecast device and not the local speaker. I realize I could simply unplug the speaker and accomplish this but I am trying to understand how this works. I thought I could just uncheck the "Forward Speak Actions to HS Speakers" box in the Chromecast Plugin config but then neither the speaker or the Chromecast device work. What is the purpose of this checkbox and how can I send speech just to the Chromecast device? Very satisfied with this plug-in otherwise.

Thanks for your help

Dave

Current Date/Time: 5/18/2018 9:35:21 AM
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.425
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro - Work Station
    System Uptime: 0 Days 18 Hours 2 Minutes 51 Seconds
    IP Address: 192.168.1.216
    Number of Devices: 53
    Number of Events: 11
    Available Threads: 400
    HSTouch Enabled: False
    Event Threads: 0
    Event Trigger Eval Queue: 0
    Event Trigger Priority Eval Queue: 0
    Device Exec Queue: 0
    HSTouch Event Queue: 0
    Email Send Queue: 0
    Anti Virus Installed: Windows Defender Malwarebytes Bitdefender Antivirus

Enabled Plug-Ins
    3.0.0.21: Chromecast
    1.0.0.9: HSInsteon
    3.0.1.190: Z-Wave

Both questions are answered in the User Guide

The Chromecast plug-in acts as a "Speak Proxy", meaning that Homeseer sends every speak action (i.e TTS) to the plug-in so that it can send it to the chromecasts. If you have another HS plugin that behave as a Speak Proxy you may need to untick the "Forward speak events to HS Speakers" checkbox, otherwise both plugins will forward the same speak action to the HS speakers and you will hear it twice.
    By default, the speech will be sent to all enabled Chromecasts as well as all HS Speaker Clients. You can target specifics Chromecasts (or specific speaker clients) by clicking on the "Advanced Options" button (plane with red background), then click on the "Edit Speaker Client List" button, and then enter the name of the chromecast exactly as they appear in the config page.
    Note: the chromecasts will NOT automatically appear in the Connected/Added Speaker Clients list, you have to manually add them like in the screenshot below:
    Let me know if something isn't clear enough.

Comment

Working...
    X