No announcement yet.

xapmcsWebControl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've got it polling now at 10 seconds, we'll see what happens. I've also disabled hs3 plug in but I doubt that matters. I don't know how to really monitor xap traffic yet, will figure that out later.

Comment

For general network monitoring I have used wireshark. For the xAP traffic I use xFx xAP Message Viewer. The xap Hub should not matter.

If I know what may be the likely cause then I could add specific debug output. The network monitoring is only to help understand what the culprit may be. There is also a debug facility within xapmcsWebcontrol that outputs to a file. Might as well enable it as well.

I continue to run without issue on the test machine.

Comment

I installed the xap viewer and trying to understand it all. I shut down the other xapwebcontrol and win 7 server (with xap hub) so I now only have the new win 10 server running with xfx hub and webcontrol. I also turned hs3 xap plug-in back on. I notice status messages for what appears to be temperatures changing and also the webcontrol boards themselves have a BSC "state" that keeps changing ON and OFF (not sure why, maybe that is some boards state of change related to the temperatures changing also...). it appears to report messages for a status every 10 minutes for everything (even relays that have not changed), I assume that is a setting somewhere. at any rate, even at 1000ms (1s) I am no more than .3% CPU (which is great!). at some seemingly random time it will ramp up close to 100. I will see how today goes and then we're off for vacation and it will be a 2016 problem to solve.

Comment

as expected it ramped way up again, I shut it all down for now. only other thing i'll try when I get back home is to run without xap hs3 plugin running to verify it still happens, then i'll be out of things to try. if there is any way I could get a hold of a development version or some debug version I could try that.

Comment

What was the network (TCP to WebControl) and (UDP for xAP) traffic at the time the CPU use was high? There needs to be some hints as to what may be causing the issue to add debug information. My instance on W10 has not experienced any issues during this period so there is something in your environment that is inducing it. It was developed using Visual Studio 2008. If you have this tool then I am willing to share the source with you so you can run it and when CPU use is high then try to observe what code sequence is being run.

Comment

thanks much, I just got back from holiday and sickness and found an interesting issue (failure) that might actually have been factoring in. ultimately a failing router with very strange intermittent issues/symptoms which were only manifesting themselves on the webcontrol boards (intermittent connections)...and only for those assigned ips...I changed the ip and everything OK, so very weird and took me while to figure out. just replaced router yesterday, and now up and running both HS2 on win 7 and HS3 on win 10 again. this weekend i'll start up xapwebcontrol on the win 10 machine and see if the issue of maxing out CPU happens again...

Comment

mcsxap problem

Hello Michael
                I have a small problem with the 1Wire.
                With current HS 3.0.0.208 xapmcs 1Wire 3.0.6.3 and 3.0.0.56 mcsxap 1Wire the change of state of my devices in xapmcs 1Wire is instantly but takes several tens of seconds to change in mcsxap and therefore in HomeSeer.
                or may come to the problem.
                Thank you

Comment

This thread is a discussion of xapmcsWebControl. To continue this open a new thread on xAP Discussions forum. For your first diagnostic step use xAP Viewer to confirm how long it takes to get the message on the LAN. I suspect it will be instantaneous. Use the debug in mcsXap and collect data that will show when the plugin gets the data and when it trys to do something with it. Pick a particular signal and provide the time when it changed in xapmcs1wire so the time can be traced in mcsXap debug. 3.0.0.58 is the last version of mcsXap that was posted so suggest using it as that is what I will be able to correlate with the source. Also note that it has an update related to xap events being delivered to HS3 so this may have your solution already solved.

Comment

well it's been two weeks since router was replaced and no issues whatsoever. I'm thinking problem solved, xapmcsWebcontrol was polling webcontrol boards using a bad router (with strange intermittent failure symptoms) and that whole scenario was causing CPU to bog down completely. not sure if anything related to xapmcsWebcontrol other than how it handles errors and/or network/hardware issues could be "improved". thanks so much for looking into this some.

Comment

mcsxap Webcontrol and Windows 10

Yesterday I had to upgrade the operating system to Windows 10. It took a few tweaks to get HS to work (disable the Wold Wide Web Publishing Service due to a port 80 conflict with HS, and setup auto start etc). Everything except mcsxap Webcontrol works.

Initially there were some rights problems withe the mcsxap Webcontrol folders. I gave all users full access to the folders.

Now the app loads and can be seen in the task tray. But it won't open any of the pages (status etc) coming up with an error saying the page is not availble. And it is not reacting or send xap messages from any of the webcontrol modules.

Is there something I need to do in Windows 10 to get it to work? Could it be a port problem? I did check the firewall and made sure it was allowed all TCP/UDP ports. Is it something to do with the WWE publishing service that has been disabled?

Any help would be appreciated.

Marty
                      iCore5 Win 10 Pro x64 SSD

HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 Windows

BLOccupied:,Device History:,Yamaha:,UltraMon3:,mcsXap:,Restart:,UltraNetatmo3:, UltraM1G3:,Ultra1Wire3:,BLBackup:,Harmony Hub:,DoorBird:,UltraECM3:,Nanoleaf 3P:,UltraRachio3:,Z-Wave:,SDJ-Health:,BLGarbage:,Blue-Iris:,Chromecast:,Pushover 3P:,EasyTrigger:

Comment

Just worked out it needs to be run with elevated privileges. But now I have lost all the settings/devices in mcswebcontrol. I'll see if I can find some backup files to restore.

m
                        iCore5 Win 10 Pro x64 SSD

HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 Windows

BLOccupied:,Device History:,Yamaha:,UltraMon3:,mcsXap:,Restart:,UltraNetatmo3:, UltraM1G3:,Ultra1Wire3:,BLBackup:,Harmony Hub:,DoorBird:,UltraECM3:,Nanoleaf 3P:,UltraRachio3:,Z-Wave:,SDJ-Health:,BLGarbage:,Blue-Iris:,Chromecast:,Pushover 3P:,EasyTrigger:

Comment

Port 8024 is the default browser port. Since xapmcsWebControl manages resources (web server) it needs to be run as Administrator (right click run-as-administrator). If it is run as a standard user W10 will not allow it to service http reqquests.

Comment

Working...
                          X