www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > HomeSeer Products & Services > HomeSeer Hardware > SmartStick+

SmartStick+ Discussions related to the HomeSeer SmartStick+ Z-Wave USB interface

Old May 17th, 2018, 01:07 PM
Seer

looking for one-button remote

I've been searching for a one-button (or small number of buttons) remote that is weatherproof. I want to turn off outdoor lights, or other scenes, from my spa.
I've looked at Aeon Labs key fob and Fibaro "button", but neither seems very reliable based on reviews. The Nanomote looks exactly what I need but it is not yet available. There's also the 4-button key fob from ZWave.me

Has anyone had experience with any of these or other products? Any thoughts? Thanks
Old May 17th, 2018, 01:24 PM
Seer Deluxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabAttack View Post
I've been searching for a one-button (or small number of buttons) remote that is weatherproof. I want to turn off outdoor lights, or other scenes, from my spa.
I've looked at Aeon Labs key fob and Fibaro "button", but neither seems very reliable based on reviews. The Nanomote looks exactly what I need but it is not yet available. There's also the 4-button key fob from ZWave.me

Has anyone had experience with any of these or other products? Any thoughts? Thanks
I don't know...I have the Fibaro "Button"...I got the red one for the wife... she approves of it. What I have found from the reviews out there are they are generally all from "other" systems and they have to do special Device Handlers and other custom setup for a Scene Controller to work with them. I didn't have any problems with The Button with Vera or with Homeseer.

There is a trick... maybe issue, but nature of the beast with the Fibaro button devices that they don't stay awake very long so the pairing process if you don't know the trick is a nightmare.

Hit the button like 6-10 times to enter pairing and then again every couple seconds during pairing... otherwise the button goes back to sleep.