How to Restart Devices?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to Restart Devices?

Is there anyway to restart items like iTunes after HS is loaded? Sometimes I restart iTunes, but don't want to have to fully restart HS to get it to be recognized. Can't I just tell HS to restart the iTunes device somehow?

Also, how do I get HS to start with windows? Should be obvious, but can't find it.

You can kill the application, wait a few seconds and then launch it from the startup.txt file if thats suitable. Or are you talking about the plugin itself? The only way to restart the plugin is to go into the interfaces menu and click enable, then save, then disable and it should restart itself. I seem to remember that it was not possible to directly control them from scripting but who knows if you were good enough could you simulate the form submission by taking apart the HTML code to the interfaces page?

And to get HS to start with windows I just placed a shortcut in the folder in the start menu.

Comment

Yeah, I am talking about restarting the plugin itself. I will give that a shot although it seems I tried and it didn't work well. But let me try again.

I was thinking about putting it in the start menu as well, but don't you sometimes need a delay to make sure devices, etc. has started properly? Seems like there has a better way than this?

Comment

Depends on what you have running in HS I think, when I used to used Outlook Express with HS then I found outlook needed to be started before the email thread was started. Now whilst I have a few plugins I don't rely on any external software so it runs fine from the startup folder.

Comment

Restartable plug-ins would be a useful tool, but HST would have to provide guidelines for how it should be coded - and enforce them . At present, I believe that the ability to restart a plug-in depends on how the author wrote it. Jon Ort has affirmed that the ACRF2 plug-in can be stopped and restarted by disabling it and then re-enabling it, though I don't think it would be a good idea to do that very often. Other plug-ins explicitly require that HS be restarted after they are enabled. Most plug-ins don't appear to handle the issue in any explicit way.
          Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
          HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Working...
          X