Homekit plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vasrc View Post
    Plugin installed, Ipad connected (Using Home)

I've created a test Scene to run an Event that turns on a light (Used Manually Triggered), but it doesn't execute. Console log does not show anything when the scene is executed, even though Siri says it was.

I've also enabled several Lights in HS3, but I do not see them.

What am I missing??

Thanks,
    Z

Connecting to server at 127.0.0.1...
    Connected, waiting to be initialized...
    Homekit bridge - Starting server
    Homekit bridge has started on port 54318
    Bonjour publication successful
    (re)Initializing devicelist
    1/1/2016 4:46:01 PM updating accessories
    1/1/2016 4:46:01 PM accessories updated
    (re)Initializing devicelist

(The Update was when I added the test event (which it did find))
    Was not patient enough. Light (device) is now showing up, but the scene with the light nor the Event work?

Does Config = HSPI_HomekitBridge.exe.Config?
    If so, no IncludeEvent key listed.

PAIRING key
    AccessoryLTPK key
    AcessoryLTSK key

Thanks,
    Z

Comment

I have the same issue as Freeon.

Tried a vanilla Homeseer installation on Windows 10 64bit.

As some have the plugin up & running and some haven't, we should find out the differences in systems.

I suggest to collect information from all systems (running and not running):

Is the plugin working: No
      What version of dnssd.dll (c:\windows\system32\dnssd.dll) do you have?: 3.0.0.10
      Did you use the Homekit-Homebridge on Windows?: Yes
      Output of "Tools -> About Homseer" (please remove your public IP):

System Information
      Current Date/Time: 2-1-2016 08:05:47 W. Europe Standard Time
      HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.208 (Windows)
      HomeSeer: Is Registered
      Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro - Work Station
      OS Version: 10.0.10240 Service Pack: 0.0
      System Uptime: 0 Days 0 Hours 11 Minutes 41 Seconds
      User Name and Access Level: admin (Admin)
      LAN IP Address: 192.168.250.101 (Hefty)
      Client IP Address: 192.168.250.101 (Hefty.arnhem.chello.nl)
      External IP Address: x.x.x.x (x-x-x-x.dynamic.upc.nl)
      Network Adapter: Adapter -> VMware Virtual Ethernet Adapter for VMnet1 IP: 192.168.83.1/24 MAC: 00:50:56:C0:00:01
      Network Adapter: Adapter -> VMware Virtual Ethernet Adapter for VMnet8 IP: 192.168.189.1/24 MAC: 00:50:56:C0:00:08
      Network Adapter: Adapter -> Intel(R) Ethernet Connection I217-V IP: 192.168.250.101/24 MAC: 00:22:4D:AA:96:C8
      Network Adapter: Adapter -> VirtualBox Host-Only Ethernet Adapter #2 IP: 169.254.144.250/16 MAC: 0A:00:27:00:00:00
      Network Adapter: HomeSeer Adapter -> Loopback Address (localhost) IP: 127.0.0.1
      Web Server Port: 80
      Number of Devices: 61
      Number of Events: 9
      Event Last Ran: Test : Testevent, Ran at 13-10-2015 23:59:02
      Number of unique event scripts used: 1
      Plug-Ins Enabled: HSTouch Server:,Homekit bridge:
      Processor Type and Speed: Intel64 Family 6 Model 60 Stepping 3 at 2,79 GHz
      Modules/Threads: 117 Modules, 56 Threads
      System Processes/Load: 111 Processes, 7% Load
      Free / Total Physical Memory: 12,35 GBytes / 15,69 GBytes (79% free)
      Free / Total Virtual Memory: 28,26 GBytes / 31,69 GBytes (89% free)
      HomeSeer Memory Used: 83 Mbytes
      Plug-In Memory Used: 3 EXE Plug-Ins using 212 Mbytes
      Attached Files

Comment

In the original config, within the tag <appSettings> should be a tag <add key="IncludeEvents" value="false" />
        That removes all eventfunctionality, but makes it faster to load as gathering many events seems a little sluggish.

The reason events dont work is because most apps know how to list custom accessories (what events are to homekit), but are not programmed to look carefully to custom services that they offer. So they do list them, but do not actually operate them.
        I am still looking for an app that actually does this.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Comment

@freeon, sorry for the typos. i meant devices and events, so actual devices listed in HS. Depending on the number of devices, initializing might take a little longer. Having many events might slow initialisation down to even hours we found out, therefore it was disabled by default.

Comment

Originally posted by Fraggel View Post
            In the original config, within the tag <appSettings> should be a tag <add key="IncludeEvents" value="false" />
            That removes all eventfunctionality, but makes it faster to load as gathering many events seems a little sluggish.

The reason events dont work is because most apps know how to list custom accessories (what events are to homekit), but are not programmed to look carefully to custom services that they offer. So they do list them, but do not actually operate them.
            I am still looking for an app that actually does this.

Getting closer. Removed Events and now I see the same you do (ie Off but not On. Looks like something in the plugin?

Thanks,
            Z

Jan-02 8:45:19 AM Homekit bridge DEBUG: Could not find CAPIcontrol to execute on-action for device 808
            Jan-02 8:45:19 AM Homekit bridge TRACE: Changing on-status for device 808 to on
            Jan-02 8:44:59 AM Device Control Device: Z-Wave Interface House Giraffe Light to Off (0) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
            Jan-02 8:44:59 AM Homekit bridge TRACE: Changing on-status for device 808 to off
            Last edited by vasrc; January 2, 2016, 08:59 AM.

Comment

Please check the status graphics tab of your device properties and set control usage to on/off.
              The plugin either looks for a value of 0 or 100 or control usage off or on. It cannot just guess which value to use to control a device. Hope to add more intelligence to that in future releases

Comment

i really dont know why it doesnt work at the other people, here it works ok.

i had a issue that i cannot pair , but i opened the config and replaced this,
                and i deleted the home / homekit in all ios devices and closed all the apps what use homekit... and restarted the phones ipads.. u only need to use eve , first if u did everything u open eve and search the device , than go to homeseer and click pair , than u see in eve the device and add it , and manual code input... than its done.

(DONT CLICK PAIR BEFORE SCANNING IN EVE !! )

All try this and replace and restart ,

Code:
                <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
                <configuration>

<appSettings>
                    <add key="BridgeName" value="HomeSeer Bridge" />
                    <add key="Statenr" value="1" />
                    <add key="Confignr" value="1" />
                	<add key="loglevel" value="6" />
                	<add key="IncludeEvents" value="false" />
                  </appSettings>
                  <startup>
                    <supportedRuntime version="v4.0" sku=".NETFramework,Version=v4.5" />
                  </startup>
                  <runtime>
                    <assemblyBinding xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1">
                		  <probing privatePath="bin\HomeKitBridge" />
                	  </assemblyBinding>
                  </runtime>
                </configuration>
                Preferred -> Jon's Plugins, Pushover, Phlocation, Easy-trigger,
                Rfxcom, Blade Plugins, Pushbullet, homekit, Malosa Scripts

HS3Pro 4.1.14.0 on windows 10 enterprise X64 on hp quadcore laptop 8 GB.

Comment

Please check the status graphics tab of your device properties and set control usage to on/off.
                  The plugin either looks for a value of 0 or 100 or control usage off or on. It cannot just guess which value to use to control a device. Hope to add more intelligence to that in future releases

The device is already set to on/off control. Off works, so the logic is working, it looks like the value passed isn't being found for on?

Same error:
                  Could not find CAPIcontrol to execute on-action for device 808

On/Off is normally 255/0 but I changed it to 100/0 and it still gives the same error. Using CAPIcontrol should return the correct value to use either way, but it acts like it's not matching "on" ?

Thanks,
                  Z

Comment

Nothing is based on names since that makes a solution language dependent.

What type of homekit accessory did you configure the device to be? Light, switch or outlet?

Comment

I set up a couple of lights one is a hue (jowihue) and the other is insteon. Noticed that I need to restart the plugin for the lights to show up in the home app. They do get listed with their controls but they don't work i.e. I turn it on, the toggle goes back to off and the light physically never changes. Set up as a light bulb in the HomeKit tab. Events don't work but I think it was mentioned in another lost that they aren't going to right now. Expecting this plugin to eventually kick butt and will gladly buy it when it's more functional.

Comment

Nothing is based on names since that makes a solution language dependent.

What type of homekit accessory did you configure the device to be? Light, switch or outlet?

Lightbulb service

Looks like you use On_Alternate instead of On in HKLightbulbService_OnChanged when it's a Z-wave device? When I use that instead of On, it does work with either the 100 or 255 value. Do all of the Z-wave devices need that added??

Thanks,
                        Z

Comment

Indeed, for zwave devices it is on alternate. Otherwise dimmed lights turn on at maximum instead of their previous level. Keep in mind, that is only for lights. Switches and outlets are just on/off/100/0.

When control use is set, the value may be anything.

Comment

If on or off dont work (for normal devices from 0-100)

do this instead :
                            Attached Files
                            Preferred -> Jon's Plugins, Pushover, Phlocation, Easy-trigger,
                            Rfxcom, Blade Plugins, Pushbullet, homekit, Malosa Scripts

HS3Pro 4.1.14.0 on windows 10 enterprise X64 on hp quadcore laptop 8 GB.

Comment

I will put this in the manual

Comment

Indeed, for zwave devices it is on alternate. Otherwise dimmed lights turn on at maximum instead of their previous level. Keep in mind, that is only for lights. Switches and outlets are just on/off/100/0.

When control use is set, the value may be anything.
                                Works great. What are the chances of an app supporting custom accessories (ie Events?)... It would be somewhat redundant to have to create Scenes and Triggers again.

Also, if/when Events are supported, you might look at ignoring the Delayed Events HS creates for delays. Causes the PI to keep adding then removing them when they time out.

Also , is it possible to connect more than one IOS device? I don't see the Bridge listed as an accessory if I've already Paired another device?

Any chance of porting to Linux?

Great work,
                                Z

Comment

Working...
                                X