Homekit plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

I find myself repeating myself: Awesome.

Btw, if you need a beta tester I have an iphone and a computer...

Comment

Comment

heey fraggel ,

how is the progress going ?
          Preferred -> Jon's Plugins, Pushover, Phlocation, Easy-trigger,
          Rfxcom, Blade Plugins, Pushbullet, homekit, Malosa Scripts

HS3Pro 4.1.14.0 on windows 10 enterprise X64 on hp quadcore laptop 8 GB.

Comment

Hi,

Lately I had little time to spend in this plugin and since weather gets better I am spending more time outside than behind my desk.
            At this moment I have events listed on my iDevice already and I am working on getting devices listed as well.

Because this is my first plug-in, I had to figure out how to address some issues as to map all devices to the HomeKit api.
            That issue has been addressed and I am figuring out the last bits now.

I couldn't test events yet as the app I use had a slight bug that prevented me from testing. This has also been fixed, but I didn't have time to update this yet.
            One thing has become clear: unfortunately events will not be controllable by Siri right now, since they do not fit in the default device specs. they will be controllable from all kinds of HomeKit enabled apps however.

For devices I had help from another Dutch HS developer. He indicated the possibility of grouping devices. Something that I didn't use before. This solved a great deal of the puzzle on mapping devices.

So for now, please wait a little longer. It is almost finished.

Comment

thx for the update

no problen take your time and enjoy the great weather
              because here in the nehterlands it changes quickly !

Originally posted by Fraggel View Post
              Hi,

Lately I had little time to spend in this plugin and since weather gets better I am spending more time outside than behind my desk.
              At this moment I have events listed on my iDevice already and I am working on getting devices listed as well.

Because this is my first plug-in, I had to figure out how to address some issues as to map all devices to the HomeKit api.
              That issue has been addressed and I am figuring out the last bits now.

I couldn't test events yet as the app I use had a slight bug that prevented me from testing. This has also been fixed, but I didn't have time to update this yet.
              One thing has become clear: unfortunately events will not be controllable by Siri right now, since they do not fit in the default device specs. they will be controllable from all kinds of HomeKit enabled apps however.

For devices I had help from another Dutch HS developer. He indicated the possibility of grouping devices. Something that I didn't use before. This solved a great deal of the puzzle on mapping devices.

So for now, please wait a little longer. It is almost finished.

Comment

Hi,

Last night I found some time to tinker with the plugin again.

As of last night I am able to control my lights with siri.

Also all my events are listed in the homekit app. They cannot be controlled directly by siri, but they can be added to "Actions" that can be controlled by siri.

The current version is not stable enough, so no testversion yet.

I will keep you posted!

Comment

Brilliant!! I knew you could do it [emoji3][emoji106]

Comment

Cann't wait [emoji33]

Comment

Can't wait!

Comment

So could Siri control one of these "actions", which then switches a virtual device in HS3, that can then trigger an event??

Comment

Such great news. What's the time it's take from speaking the command to execution(light turning on).
                          Also does homekit allow you any to recognize if an iOS device is connected to it via Bluetooth or wifi. Would be great for proximity of it would allow use of BLE.
                          Thanks for the update and great work!

Tom
                          Tom
                          baby steps...starting again with HS3
                          HS3Pro: Z-NET & 80 Z wave Devices,
                          HSTouch: 4 Joggler (Android Kitkat), 2 iPhone, 3 iPads
                          Whole House Audio: 5 SqueezePlay Jogglers w Bose Speakers
                          In The Works: 10 Cameras Geovision, new Adecmo/Envisalink Alarm, Arduinos
                          System: XP on Fanless Mini-ITX w/ SSD

Comment

wow cool , so we just use hey siri ,

Comment

Originally posted by TomTom View Post
                              Such great news. What's the time it's take from speaking the command to execution(light turning on).
                              Also does homekit allow you any to recognize if an iOS device is connected to it via Bluetooth or wifi. Would be great for proximity of it would allow use of BLE.
                              Thanks for the update and great work!

Tom
                              The time of a command to execute depends on multiple factors. It depends on the amount of devices Siri has to handle, this could lengthen the recognition time. It also depends on your internet connection speed since Siri uses iCloud to analyze the speech. Just compare it to a normal command like "please call my mother". Most of the time processing takes around half a second. After recognition the command is sent to HS that executes it instantly.

I did not test it yet with a lot of devices. The name of the device should also be thought about. The clearer the name, the better recognition works.
                              Next to that you also have commands like "turn on all lights in the living room" which turns on multiple lights at once. Unfortunately my current tests failed because of a bug in the plugin at that point.

I did not create any hooks for proximity. The idevice only requests new status data when it is turned on. There is no persistent connection between the iDevice and the plugin. Therefore I cannot see whether an iDevice is still around.

Comment

Originally posted by Skinnez View Post
                                So could Siri control one of these "actions", which then switches a virtual device in HS3, that can then trigger an event??
                                Siri can control actions who can operate a service. There is no need for virtual devices in HS3. Every event group in HS becomes an accessory in HomeKit. Every event in the group becomes a service within the accessory and can be executed.
                                Of course you could create a virtual device but when telling Siri to switch on all the lights you might not want your event to run... I tried to keep it as transparent as possible.

Comment

Working...
                                X