This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changing IP address

My main HSTouch screen is in the living room, an Asus EEE box connected wirelessly to my Pro100 located in the garage. It works just great, however the IP address of the Pro100 constantly changes. It is very frustrating as I have to pull out the keyboard and mouse and change the IP address in HSTouch client. The Pro100 is hardwired into my WRT54GS router. Is there a way to make the IP address for the Pro100 static? Do I have to get Comcast give me a static IP? It is the local network IP that constantly changes. Thanks for any help!

Originally posted by termite View Post
    Is there a way to make the IP address for the Pro100 static? Do I have to get Comcast give me a static IP? It is the local network IP that constantly changes. Thanks for any help!
    Logon to the box via VNC, I believe VNC is loaded and running by default. The Pro-100 is running XP embedded. You can then change the network settings as if it were XP Pro.
    -Skybolt

Comment

Thanks Skybolt, That would save some time changing the IP address back, but it would sure be nice if it did'nt change in the first place.

Comment

Originally posted by termite View Post
        but it would sure be nice if it did'nt change in the first place.
        No Problem.

It doesn't have a choice, if DHCP was not enabled how would it ever get an IP Address. In some routers you can "Reserve" an IP address which is DHCP, spme of teh higher end Linksys and NetGear routers have this - there newer business class ones.
        -Skybolt

Comment

Why not give the Pro100 a static IP on your lan?

Just see what ip address / subnet / gateway / dns it has now and then enter them in as static numbers. I believe on the pro100 you would need to commit the changes to the system drive?

Then change your dhcp settings on your router to exclude that address.
          Running HS PRO V2.5.0.49 & HS Pro V2.5.0.51

Comment

why not just make ALL the addresses on your internal lan static, How many devices do you have that use an IP address
            Over The Hill
            What Hill?
            Where?
            When?
            I Don't Remember Any Hill

Virtualized Server 2k3 Ent X86 Guest on VMWare ESXi 4.1 with 3 SunRay thin clients as access points - HSPro 2.4.0.48 - ZTroller - ACRF2 (3 WGL 800's) - iAutomate RFID - Ledam - MLHSPlugin - Ultra1wire - RainRelay8 - TI103 - Ultramon - WAF-AB8SS - jvESS (11 zones) - Bitwise Controls BC4 - with 745 Total Devices - 550 Events - 104 scripts - 78 ZWave devices - 42 X10 devices - 76 DS10a's 3 RFXSenors and 32 Motion Sensors

Comment

All computer on my LAN have a static IP address, the exception is my laptop.

Give it a static IP Address.
              sigpic
              A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

Thanks, You guys are great. It seems to be working!

Comment

Working...
                X