Event to Poll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MAJOR BREAKTHROUGH!!!

I just got a long extension cord and plugged my HAI PIM in the the same outlet as my Homeseer PIM and evertyhing works as expected! HELL YEA!

guess i need to make sure both outlets are on the same leg

Thank you

Comment

Great news in4ni!

Relating to your HV switches you can either move them all to the same phase to keeping them on opposite phases use a phase coupler or phase repeater. Here having some 55 plus breakers I opted to utilize a phase repeater.

My wife helped me document each breaker and I put a drawing on the panel door to serve as a reference. On my SquareD fuse panel there are two sides of breakers. Each breaker alternates phases down one side.
      - Pete

Auto mator
      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
      Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
      HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
      HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

After all this crap I discovered having my APC1500 Battery backup pluggend into the same outlet as my HAI PIM was causing the problem. I wonder why that was causing my receive problems?

Guess ill be running another circuit into that closet this weekend

Thank you for all your help

Comment

Yup; here in the midwest I have conduit and a bunch such that most of the piping is not really that full; such that running new wires is a bit easier.

That and my comm closet - a basement wall is adjacent to the fuse panel. That said I put a "few" single gang boxes outside of the fuse panel (UPB, Z-Wave, X-10 and Insteon).

These are wired serially to a Digi Edgeport adjacent to the fuse panel. Two edgeports are wired over to one USB hub to one USB cable to Homeseer some 25 feet away in the computer "rack". So basically here the PIMs are adjacent with single circuits / breakers right to fuse panel. This works for me. In the old house I did similiar except I ran a serial cable for a CM11 A two floors up and into the attic where the Homeseer server was.

BTW Home automation is more of a DIY hobby here on the Homeseer forum.

Geez my parrot these days is even involved in the automation (easier than using my wife to test stuff).
          - Pete

Auto mator
          Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
          Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Thank you guys for all your help, Now i can move on the the next annoying issue, Controlling HAI outputs from homeseer.

Again, thank you

Comment

I do not do this today with my HAI OPII panel.

That said I have "migrated" to utilizing no defined devices in the last couple of years.

The plugin utilizes the old serial HAI protocols and is a bit antiquated. Its also not been updated in quit a few years.
              Last edited by Pete; May 2, 2013, 01:19 PM.
              - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Yea, I wonder why Homeseer doesnt care about the HAI plugin any more.

Comment

Working...
                X