No announcement yet.

Multi-Zone Music Source Options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here utilize 42" Leviton Media cans (since the early 2000's).

Recently redid mine rewiring it for just network, firewall, ISP modems, VOIP boxes. Everything fits just fine.
    Note out of the box and on server rack have 2 24 port managed switches and 1 24 port managed POE injector.

Relating to using Kodi / Squeezebox players here utilize mini 7" tabletop touchscreen computers which are Atom based / gorilla screen. These run XPe (for HSTouch) and embedded Linux for Kodi and or Squeezeplayers. I can also run XPe / Kodi / Squeezeplayer simultaneously.

Touchscreens do digital audio or analog audio out. RPi's do Squeeze lite if needed.
    Last edited by Pete; April 26, 2018, 06:58 AM.
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by Beowulf View Post
      What language do you do your plugin work in? As I mentioned above I work with a number of different languages but hardly ever touched anything Windows specific ( C#, VB, etc. ). I started life on C/C++ before moving into Java work for a short time. But then got into "middleware admin" for the last 15+ years. Very enjoyable and a good career but more Linux/Unix admin so most of my coding work has been focused in that direction. I'm getting going again in Java both for work and also writing mods for Minecraft (my kids are big into it...yeah...the kids... ). I'll be honest though, I haven't used Windows at home since Win98 and only use it at work for Outlook and do all my real work on various Linux or mainframe servers. But if I could apply my skills to helping I would enjoy it.
      The plugin is written in VB.net using the Homeseer sample plugin as a starting point. To be honest the most difficult part was figuring out the Homeseer API. There are a lot of hooks going back and forth between the plugin and Homeseer itself. I myself prefer Linux Mint for my main machine so for development I have to fire up a windows virtual machine with visual studio on it.
      https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/de...plifier-plugin

Comment

Originally posted by happnatious1 View Post
        The plugin is written in VB.net...
        Thanks. I did has VB a little bit many years ago and maybe down the road I'll have a chance to look into it again. For now I'll have to leave the plugin work to the rest of you...

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
          Here utilize 42" Leviton Media cans (since the early 2000's)...
          As always, your responses are very helpful and complete. Thanks!

Comment

I'm in the same boat setting up more than a single zone on a Monoprice 6 zone amp I've had for nearly 2 years. I'm considering this

https://multiroomaudioplayer.com/en

as it can create 4 zones from the built-in 7.1 card on my HS3 computer. I emailed for the personal use price, I'll let you know what they say.

Comment

https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/ind...?topic=92263.0 and https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Zones

Comment

Originally posted by DaveW42 View Post
                Happnatious, first and foremost, thanks for creating that Monoprice plugin....
                Agreed!

Originally posted by DaveW42 View Post
                Beowulf, I am in a very similar situation to you. You mentioned assigning sources to family members, which makes a lot of sense. For my part I can share ideas that I have had as I have worked through this, that perhaps may be of some use to you. I am learning as I go. I will share what I can in the hopes that some of it might help you or someone else who comes along and reads this thread.
                Thank you SO much for the details, Dave. This was a very informative post and I'm going to look into JRiver. I haven't checked that out before though the name sounded familiar when I read your post. Please feel free to post here or spin up your own thread to discuss your progress or trials further. I would be very interested in following.

Comment

Originally posted by mterry63 View Post
                  I'm in the same boat setting up more than a single zone on a Monoprice 6 zone amp I've had for nearly 2 years. I'm considering this

https://multiroomaudioplayer.com/en

as it can create 4 zones from the built-in 7.1 card on my HS3 computer. I emailed for the personal use price, I'll let you know what they say.
                  Thanks. I'll check that out after work and see what it offers.

Comment

They responded that the personal use price was $99, but didn't include the direct Google Music playlist integration. It would include multi instance Spotify, Internet streams, and local music library/playlist with a REST remote control API.

Comment

Originally posted by mterry63 View Post
                      They responded that the personal use price was $99, but didn't include the direct Google Music playlist integration. It would include multi instance Spotify, Internet streams, and local music library/playlist with a REST remote control API.
                      Thanks for the update. I don't use Google Music (or iTunes or Amazon) as a stream service. When I buy any digital music I download and put it into my local MP3 library. So that limitation probably won't have any impact on me. So I will have to see how the rest of it may help out.

Comment

Working...
                      X