Harmony Hub Event Not Working?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Harmony Hub Event Not Working?

I tried sending commands to samsung tv with the following event command string and it does not work but gives no errors:

[(Command:"Number1",Wait:1000),(Command:"Number3",Wait:1000), (Command:"Number0",Wait:1000),(Command:"Select")]

It should be noted that the parenthesis are actually squiggly brackets as shown in your tutorial.
    This should send 1 then 3 then 0 then Select commands with a wait of 1 second between commands. The event is manually triggered and the device selected is samsung tv. Sometimes maybe one of the commands would be sent but never all of the commands. Again no errors in log. Any help on this issue is much appreciated....Rick

Please also see previous post.

I created an event that sends single commands to tv with a delay of 2 to 3 seconds between commands. It works sometimes and correctly sends 1,3,0,Select with delays in between. Tried delays of 1,2 and 3 seconds. A great percentage of time it wouldn't send all commands correctly or at all.

Interesting thing is I can go to the device management screen and selected tv commands 1,3,0,Select many times and not one failure so something in plugin is causing commands to be sent intermittently from homeseer event. Any help on this is greatly appreciated...Rick

Comment

Please see previous two posts regarding issues with events....Rick

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Bonari View Post
        Please see previous two posts regarding issues with events....Rick
        Which Event action are you using? There are 2:

Send Device string of commands, and
        Send string of commands (Multiple Devices)

If you choose the latter one, you have to add in the Device property setting it to the device reference of the HS device in HS.

for instance:

Code:
        [{Device:123,Command:"Number1",Wait:1000},{Device:123,Command:"Number3",Wait:1000}, {Device:123,Command:"Number0",Wait:1000},{Device:123,Command:"Select"}]
        Where 123 is the device reference of the MeiHarmonyDevice device for your Samsung TV

If you are using the first action listed above, please turn on debug logging, run the event manually, then send me the log so I can see what is being sent in and how it's being processed.

Comment

Thanks Much,

Part of my problem was sending commands to the wrong device. Should have been sending to dvr/cable unit and not tv.

Also, the plugin has been running great for about a week now. Wanted to give it enough time to test before sending positive report. I will be purchasing the plugin as it is doing all I intended for it to do and again your support is very good !!!!!! Thanks again !!!!!!!!! Rick

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Bonari View Post
            Thanks Much,

Part of my problem was sending commands to the wrong device. Should have been sending to dvr/cable unit and not tv.

Also, the plugin has been running great for about a week now. Wanted to give it enough time to test before sending positive report. I will be purchasing the plugin as it is doing all I intended for it to do and again your support is very good !!!!!! Thanks again !!!!!!!!! Rick
            If it's not pointing to the wrong device something must be up. Can you send a screen shot of the event in edit mode?

Comment

Working...
            X