No announcement yet.

Harmony hub extender for zwave

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But are we able to do this the other way round?
    Can we get harmony to discover the devices on the bridge?

I keep reading that harmony can discover Phillips hue devices but I'm not sure if it can discover the hue-echo-bridge.

Comment

Originally posted by accessdenied View Post
      But are we able to do this the other way round?
      Can we get harmony to discover the devices on the bridge?

I keep reading that harmony can discover Phillips hue devices but I'm not sure if it can discover the hue-echo-bridge.
      The hue-Echo-bridge is a virtual hue hub. Yes Harmony can discover this the same as it discoverers a real hue bridge. When you run the hue-echo-bridge you choose the devices or http commands you want to use and make your own devices/events or what ever you want to run. Then the the Harmony will discover them as a hue light bulb even if they are not. When you turn on that device it will send a the http "ON" command you made and when you turn off the device it will send the "OFF" http command you used. It doesn't really know what that command does and it doesn't even have to be a light bulb. Scenes or events, virtual switches, other devcies that accept http commands or anything can be used.

Comment

Hi integlikewhoa,

Are you actually using this right now?
        It seems when harmony discovers my ha-bridge, it works for a while.
        I can control my devices with the elite remote. But after a while, harmony reports that the devices or hue hub is offline. But the bridge in question is definitely not offline as I control it via my amazon echo.

I do have 2 ha-bridges though.
        Not sure if this is causing the issue? Harmony hub discovers only 1 bridge (harmony limitation) but I am fine with it as the first bridge she discovers is the one I am interesting in.

Comment

Originally posted by accessdenied View Post
          Hi integlikewhoa,

Are you actually using this right now?
          It seems when harmony discovers my ha-bridge, it works for a while.
          I can control my devices with the elite remote. But after a while, harmony reports that the devices or hue hub is offline. But the bridge in question is definitely not offline as I control it via my amazon echo.

I do have 2 ha-bridges though.
          Not sure if this is causing the issue? Harmony hub discovers only 1 bridge (harmony limitation) but I am fine with it as the first bridge she discovers is the one I am interesting in.
          Mine always seem to report offline on the apps (I only checked the echo app) but the device still works for me despite saying its offline.

On the harmony side I don't use the phone app and my remote is the just the basic home remote with 4 home buttons and a +/- for dimming. That works and doesn't display any status of online vs. offline.

Comment

Hi All,

For those who has managed to import the homeseer devices in to the Harmony Home Extender, does it import all the devices or only the z-wave devices from the z-wave network to witch it is included?

Thanks for the repley, regards Paul.

Comment

Hey guys, with regards to the Hue bridge, I have it up and running, configured and tested. It works as advertised, but I am having a hard time figuring out how to add it to Activities on my Harmony remote. I want to add things like Device On to my activities and then create macros, but I am not able to figure out how to do that.

Anyone get this working?

Comment

Originally posted by chewie View Post
                Hey guys, with regards to the Hue bridge, I have it up and running, configured and tested. It works as advertised, but I am having a hard time figuring out how to add it to Activities on my Harmony remote. I want to add things like Device On to my activities and then create macros, but I am not able to figure out how to do that.

Anyone get this working?
                Should be the same as a hue bulbs. Im assuming you already added the hue devices and they are showing on your remote right?

Comment

Yup, and I can use the remote to turn them on and off, but I would like to add it into activities so that when I turn on the system the lights are triggered by HS events and such. The Home Controls stuff in the Harmony system do not show as available to add to activities.

Comment

I dont have any problems doing what your asking. On my phone app connected to the harmony hub, i click edit activites, click on the activity i want to edit, click edit start or end sequeance, click edit home controls, then check box what device i want to use then set it to dim on off or what ever. Save exit and now when turning on tv room light dims.

Comment

Cool! I had been trying to do it through MyHarmony and could not figure out how to do it. It still will not do everything I want though, I am also trying to customize buttons to do things like "Hit Pause, Pause Media Player and Turn on a Light" and I do not see a way to do that.

Thank you for the help though, that is much more progress than I had previously made!

Comment

Originally posted by chewie View Post
                        Cool! I had been trying to do it through MyHarmony and could not figure out how to do it. It still will not do everything I want though, I am also trying to customize buttons to do things like "Hit Pause, Pause Media Player and Turn on a Light" and I do not see a way to do that.

Thank you for the help though, that is much more progress than I had previously made!
                        On a desktop it wants me to unplug and such. I have my hubs hidden away so I only use my phone to setup things.

Also are you using the Harmony plugin? I thought the pause and turn on a light was done threw the plugin not from the remote side. Problem is with the remote i dont think you can make a pause "scene" or "macro". Its more startup and shut down operations, which you can add lights to that.

The more I look it seems the plugin is also based on that too. So it looks like harmony is all based around "activities" which is only start up and shut down. Let me know what u find, But I currently don't do things based on a pause or play button. Well I do but that's in "PLEX" Plugin not tv or harmony.

Comment

I have not used the Harmony plugin yet. I used to use a USB-UIRT and I had just learned a few codes for a device that I no longer use and was able to do everything I want via that. I may just go back to that, because i agree with you, Harmony does not have much in the way of macro style functionality. If you have simple devices you can customize a button to have it send 2 commands and things like that, so I can use that do trigger things via the USB-UIRT.

Comment

Originally posted by integlikewhoa View Post
                            The hue-Echo-bridge is a virtual hue hub. Yes Harmony can discover this the same as it discoverers a real hue bridge. When you run the hue-echo-bridge you choose the devices or http commands you want to use and make your own devices/events or what ever you want to run. Then the the Harmony will discover them as a hue light bulb even if they are not. When you turn on that device it will send a the http "ON" command you made and when you turn off the device it will send the "OFF" http command you used. It doesn't really know what that command does and it doesn't even have to be a light bulb. Scenes or events, virtual switches, other devcies that accept http commands or anything can be used.
                            Hi integlikewhoa,
                            How do I set up the "hue-Echo-bridge" I like to have the virtual hub, but I can't figure out how to make it
                            Can you explane it, I have a HS3 on a RPI 3 Linux.
                            Regards Paul

Comment

Originally posted by Paul32 View Post
                              Hi integlikewhoa,
                              How do I set up the "hue-Echo-bridge" I like to have the virtual hub, but I can't figure out how to make it
                              Can you explane it, I have a HS3 on a RPI 3 Linux.
                              Regards Paul
                              Well I'm not so sure I'm up for or the right person to get you directions for install. I'm not so experienced in Pi's and linux and I had alot of help and followed directions from the vera thread.

The basics are you just need to put the jar file on the pi in the folder of your choice and then run it. But you really want it to run anytime the pi is started up. So then you edit "rc.local" file to add a "run this file" during startup.

I use Filezila client to be able to drag and drop files to the pi since I don't know what I'm doing. And I put the .jar file in a folder I created here.
                              /usr/local/echobridge

I use putty to edit the rc.local. I use "Root" user for all this.
                              "pico /etc/rc.local"

My RC local looks like this right now.
                              #!/bin/sh -e
                              #
                              # rc.local
                              #
                              # This script is executed at the end of each multiuser runlevel.
                              # Make sure that the script will "exit 0" on success or any other
                              # value on error.
                              #
                              # In order to enable or disable this script just change the execution
                              # bits.
                              #
                              # By default this script does nothing.

# Print the IP address
                              _IP=$(hostname -I) || true
                              if [ "$_IP" ]; then
                              printf "My IP address is %s\n" "$_IP"
                              fi

sleep 60;
                              nohup java -jar -Dupnp.config.address=192.168.1.121 -Dupnp.device.db=/usr/local/echobridge/data/device.db -Dharmony.address=192.168.1.116 -Dharmony.user=XXXXXX.com -Dharmony.pwd=XXXXX /usr/local/echobridge/ha-bridge-3.1.0.jar 2>&1 &

nuhup /root/node_js_src/node-v5.8.0/NPM start &

exit 0
                              The Dunpnp ip address is your pi's address. The harmony user and password I XXX'd out and you can see that's my Harmony ip. But I think you don't need any harmony address or info anymore in the startup line (like I have it) as the new jar or java version do it all in the program now. I just have had this startup for a long time now and haven't changed it. You also may need to change the file name to match the current version of the file your using.

Hope this helps a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by integlikewhoa View Post
                                Well I'm not so sure I'm up for or the right person to get you directions for install. I'm not so experienced in Pi's and linux and I had alot of help and followed directions from the vera thread.

The basics are you just need to put the jar file on the pi in the folder of your choice and then run it. But you really want it to run anytime the pi is started up. So then you edit "rc.local" file to add a "run this file" during startup.

I use Filezila client to be able to drag and drop files to the pi since I don't know what I'm doing. And I put the .jar file in a folder I created here.
                                /usr/local/echobridge

I use putty to edit the rc.local. I use "Root" user for all this.
                                "pico /etc/rc.local"

My RC local looks like this right now.

The Dunpnp ip address is your pi's address. The harmony user and password I XXX'd out and you can see that's my Harmony ip. But I think you don't need any harmony address or info anymore in the startup line (like I have it) as the new jar or java version do it all in the program now. I just have had this startup for a long time now and haven't changed it. You also may need to change the file name to match the current version of the file your using.

Hope this helps a bit.
                                Thanks I Will try , do you have it running on the same RPI as HS3 is running?

Comment

Working...
                                X