Aeotec Smart Strip too much logging

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aeotec Smart Strip too much logging

So I bought a Smart Strip just for fun. So far I like it. However, I'm more interested in the on/off capability than the energy tracking. The tracking is cool, but not important to me. What is more important is that the power strip is REALLY spammy in the HS log. Looking through the setup, it appears I can turn off Energy logging and graphing. I uncheck it, but the log continues to get spammed.

Any way to disable the energy logging properly?

regards,

Paul

Originally posted by paul View Post
    So I bought a Smart Strip just for fun. So far I like it. However, I'm more interested in the on/off capability than the energy tracking. The tracking is cool, but not important to me. What is more important is that the power strip is REALLY spammy in the HS log. Looking through the setup, it appears I can turn off Energy logging and graphing. I uncheck it, but the log continues to get spammed.

Any way to disable the energy logging properly?

regards,

Paul
    On the root and all of the energy child nodes check "Do not log commands from this device:" in the configuration tab. That will stop entries to the log, but still update the Watt and KWH child nodes.

If you want to practically stop it from reporting energy to the child devices set the "Automatic report rate (seconds):" on all three groups to 43,200 seconds (twice a day) or 86,400 seconds (once a day).
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
      On the root and all of the energy child nodes check "Do not log commands from this device:" in the configuration tab. That will stop entries to the log, but still update the Watt and KWH child nodes.

If you want to practically stop it from reporting energy to the child devices set the "Automatic report rate (seconds):" on all three groups to 43,200 seconds (twice a day) or 86,400 seconds (once a day).
      How's this for a delayed response? Thank you, that was helpful. With the reporting changed to 1h, the logging is much more reasonable, and no need to hide it from the logs....

Paul

Comment

Working...
      X