Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Get Google Home to tell you room temperature?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Get Google Home to tell you room temperature?

Ok so I have all of my temps setup. Whata interesting thing to look for all 10!!!! HAH..

but they are set and I was curious if google can tell me what the temperature is in the room?

Me: Hey Google
    Google Home: Beep
    Me: What is Bryans Room Temperature

but no joy. Guessing we are not able to get device status but only a true control of on/off/dim?
    Attached Files
    HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

So i think cuz google home imports in lights and outlets.. not my temps.. it cant. Well shucks.

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

Not sure since I don't have a GH, but with the echo and Jon's Alexa helper , this is totally possible. Does it work or is there a version to support GH?

Robert
      HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Are you wanting Google Home to speak these values or trigger HS to do so? Have you tired a work around like creating a virtual devices and name it temps. Then in Google Home say temps on. Then setup an event that is triggered by the temps device being set to on. Then you can run an event to speak the temps. This would read the values over all connected HS3 speaker clients.
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
          Are you wanting Google Home to speak these values or trigger HS to do so? Have you tired a work around like creating a virtual devices and name it temps. Then in Google Home say temps on. Then setup an event that is triggered by the temps device being set to on. Then you can run an event to speak the temps. This would read the values over all connected HS3 speaker clients.
          lol that a lot of work!!!!!

was hoping easier. I am going to set a temp in the pool as well and would of been cool to have GH speak the temp of the pool....

Comment

Hey your thread caught my eye.
            What device are you using to monitor your pool temperature?

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
              Yes this is certainly possible and not that difficult to do. The issue is that I'd rather have GH (GoogleHome) devices around the house than HSTouch devices.

So the question remains. Can we have GH read back to us the value of different HS3 devices. It could be temperature, humidity, light level, outlet status, lock status, thermostat set point etc. etc. Many things are HS3 devices in my house. It would be nice to have GH read the values back. I'm sure GH has this feature it's a matter of adding it to HS3 integration.

Thanks,
              RISquare

Comment

Originally posted by risquare View Post
                Yes this is certainly possible and not that difficult to do. The issue is that I'd rather have GH (GoogleHome) devices around the house than HSTouch devices.

So the question remains. Can we have GH read back to us the value of different HS3 devices. It could be temperature, humidity, light level, outlet status, lock status, thermostat set point etc. etc. Many things are HS3 devices in my house. It would be nice to have GH read the values back. I'm sure GH has this feature it's a matter of adding it to HS3 integration.

Thanks,
                RISquare
                As far as I'm aware, No.

This used to be possible using the old Homeseer Google Home skill, Unfortunately Google do not allow more than one Homeseer skill so Rich selected the Direct Actions skill (read this post).

The only way I know is via Alexa.
                Jon

Comment

I think this can be done with Spud's Chromecast plugin. This fantastic plugin let's HS3 speak (TTS) to Chromecast devices, Google Home is also a Chromecast device

Check it out: https://forums.homeseer.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1545

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
                    As far as I'm aware, No.

This used to be possible using the old Homeseer Google Home skill, Unfortunately Google do not allow more than one Homeseer skill so Rich selected the Direct Actions skill (read this post).

The only way I know is via Alexa.
                    Jon,

Thanks for the feedback. I do understand the switch from one to the other however I'm not convinced that Google will not provide for such very basic feature to the hundreds of Home Automation partners they have. I have some very close friends working at Google Home department and I will ask them. Stay tuned for updates directly from the source.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by risquare View Post
                      Jon,

Thanks for the feedback. I do understand the switch from one to the other however I'm not convinced that Google will not provide for such very basic feature to the hundreds of Home Automation partners they have. I have some very close friends working at Google Home department and I will ask them. Stay tuned for updates directly from the source.

Cheers
                      COOL!!! forgot about this post...

Comment

I had an idea to try this, but haven't got around this yet. GH can tell you the temperature of a thermostat. So, what if you make your temperature device look like a thermostat? I think you might need to play around with the control-use settings on the device to have HS think it is a thermostat. Also, it would not be able to change a setpoint, but hopefully it could just ignore any errant command like that.

Originally posted by TeleFragger View Post
                        Ok so I have all of my temps setup. Whata interesting thing to look for all 10!!!! HAH..

but they are set and I was curious if google can tell me what the temperature is in the room?

Me: Hey Google
                        Google Home: Beep
                        Me: What is Bryans Room Temperature

but no joy. Guessing we are not able to get device status but only a true control of on/off/dim?
                        - Tom

HSPro/Insteon
                        Web Site
                        YouTube Channel

Comment

Any news here?
                          Really weird this isn't possible with GH and HS.

Comment

This is possible with my plugin ...
                            Give it a spin.

Comment

Originally posted by kriz83 View Post
                              This is possible with my plugin ...
                              Give it a spin.
                              I am still not understanding what this does. Maybe I read too quickly through this. This would introduce something where you have to say, "Hey google, ask <name> to <do something>"? Personally, those things don't appeal to me to much because they introduce unnatural grammar. Just my personal feeling. I think that Google has this feeling as well as they continue to expand home control to allow for additional grammar for home control devices like appliances. I have the feeling that there is opportunity for HST to expand the capabilities of the types of devices that would be supported, but I am not sure.
                              - Tom

HSPro/Insteon
                              Web Site
                              YouTube Channel

Comment

Working...
                              X