Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Old devices/programs not going away

Hi,

Just want to say thank you for a great plugin. It bridges my primary HA device (ISY) with some specialized HomeSeer actions and plugins not available in the ISY ecosystem.

Things are working well for the most part, but I've noticed that when I delete a device or program in the ISY, the deletion is not reflected in the ISYInsteon plugin (this is true at least for hidden devices/programs...I have not tested for devices/programs/variables that exist in the HomeSeer device list). The reason why this is a problem is in the ISYInsteon event actions, there are several devices and programs listed that no longer exist. It can be confusing finding the correct one at times. Is there a way to refresh the ISYInsteon device/program/variable list and have the plugin get rid of ones that no longer exist?

Thanks,

Ben

Originally posted by benrjunk View Post
    Hi,

Just want to say thank you for a great plugin. It bridges my primary HA device (ISY) with some specialized HomeSeer actions and plugins not available in the ISY ecosystem.

Things are working well for the most part, but I've noticed that when I delete a device or program in the ISY, the deletion is not reflected in the ISYInsteon plugin (this is true at least for hidden devices/programs...I have not tested for devices/programs/variables that exist in the HomeSeer device list). The reason why this is a problem is in the ISYInsteon event actions, there are several devices and programs listed that no longer exist. It can be confusing finding the correct one at times. Is there a way to refresh the ISYInsteon device/program/variable list and have the plugin get rid of ones that no longer exist?

Thanks,

Ben
    Thanks for the kind words.

I was going to say that the plug-in should notify you, when it starts up, of any homeseer devices that don't have corresponding ISY devices.

And it can, but it only does that when tracing is enabled, at least for the ValidateDevices function. I can't remember why I made it a tracing message vs. a notice or status..

It doesn't automatically delete the devices because if the ISY returned an empty node list for some reason, you'd lose all your devices and that seems worse than making you manually delete items from HS occasionally.
    --
    Bob Paauwe
    ISYInsteon Plug-in
    http://www.bobsplace.com/ISYInsteon/

Comment

Thanks. But how do I delete devices that aren't in the home seer device list? The problem is for devices that are hidden from the device list, but everything (including hidden devices, programs and non existent/old programs and devices) is listed in the isyinsteon event actions.

I've added some screenshot examples. Living Room Fireplace Relay has been removed from my Insteon network but still appears in device list.

Hope this makes sense.

Ben
      Attached Files
      Last edited by benrjunk; April 16, 2018, 02:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by benrjunk View Post
        Thanks. But how do I delete devices that aren't in the home seer device list? The problem is for devices that are hidden from the device list, but everything (including hidden devices, programs and non existent/old programs and devices) is listed in the isyinsteon event actions.

I've added some screenshot examples. Living Room Fireplace Relay has been removed from my Insteon network but still appears in device list.

Hope this makes sense.

Ben
        Hi Ben,

Sounds like you're having a couple of different issues. I didn't realize you were talking about devices you've marked hidden and now I do understand what your seeing. I rarely hide devices as it makes it hard to test/verify they are working in the plug-in if hidden. Now that I see the problem, I'll get that fixed.

As for items that have been removed from the ISY still showing up, that should resolve itself if you restart the plug-in. The plug-in trys to stay in sync with changes on the ISY but it's pretty easy for things to get out sync. A restart of the plug-in should always bring them back in sync. If you're making lots of changes on the ISY, it's really best to restart the plug-in afterwards.

If things still aren't synced after the restart, that's probably a bug.
        --
        Bob Paauwe
        ISYInsteon Plug-in
        http://www.bobsplace.com/ISYInsteon/

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for the response.

I've tried restarting plugin and entire HS box (running on a RPi 3) with no luck getting rid of old programs or devices.

Since HS is a secondary automation box for me (with the ISY doing the majority of the heavy lifting), I hide most of my ISY devices, programs, variables, network resources because they would just make my homeseer device list long/difficult to manage/slow to load. I've only exposed a few variables and programs to HomeSeer.

I'm not making tons of changes on the ISY side, but have recently removed most of my IOLincs and replaced with the more reliable global cache relays. That's in part what brought this issue to light for me.

Ben

Comment

Working...
          X