No announcement yet.

Discussions related to HomeSeer Beta builds 3.0.0.369->3.0.0.423

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

is there something procedure wise for Windows, I'm assuming your coping your HS3 directory and associated files. Can someone then take them and run them on another machine?

Yes. Using the Linux explorer you can also right click and hit compress to whatever format you like.

For Windows you could do install 7-Zip and use explorer in admin mode, right click on the directory and zip it.

Obviously the z-wave devices are not there so that not everything will run.

The Z-Wave devices are stored in a database. You would just have to restore the devices to whatever Z-Wave device you have plugged in.
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

First time in a while I have had a HS3 hard crash, in common with some here it is a clr.dll crash although I have not changed or messed with .net in a long time to think that is something that is wrong. Running .382 and it was up for about 10 days before this happened, will update to .383 but not sure whether that is really going to do anything.
      Last edited by mrhappy; January 14, 2018, 02:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob_Linux_User View Post
        Rich,

Your reply about .aspx having a leak got me to thinking (hard on an old man), and I realized that the BlueIris server is just looking for a URL to send when a camera detects a change. JSON is a simple solution that doesn't need a PI to trigger an event. Each camera can be configured to trigger a different event using JSON. This works great and does not increase memory usage. Thanks for the info about .aspx. One of my camera BlueIris URL commands is below in case someone may be interested.

"http://192.168.1.XX:80/JSON?user=username&pass=password&request=runevent&group=Audi o_Visual&name=Driveway_Camera_Motion_Doorbell"

Bob

Well that just about makes the plugin obsolete doesn't it?
        Originally posted by rprade
        There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

Well that just about makes the plugin obsolete doesn't it?
          I did hear from the PI author and he has implemented jquery commands in the PI. He pointed me to the Help File, which I have not looked at in years and was still using the old method of .aspx. However, if you only need to trigger an event based on camera motion you really do not need the PI anymore. The PI does have other capabilities, I just do not really use anything but Alerts.

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by mrhappy View Post
            First time in a while I have had a HS3 hard crash, in common with some here it is a clr.dll crash although I have not changed or messed with .net in a long time to think that is something that is wrong. Running .382 and it was up for about 10 days before this happened, will update to .383 but not sure whether that is really going to do anything.
            @Adam, thank-you for vindicating me (albeit I could think of better reasons!), I thought I was the only windows HS3 to be burdened with the clr.dll crash(s). I firmly do not believe it has anything to do with your .Net as it hasn't changed, in fact I've eliminated that theory by reformatting my Hard Drives and reinstalling with a fresh copy of Win 10 and HS3 v.383. Me thinks something in HS3 has changed and has made it fragile on one hand (my observations) but the memory leak has been plugged on the other hand. I believe in my circumstances is that my "Morning Announcement" script(s) exacerbated the fragile part of HS3 and so I could repeatedly crash my HS3 at 8:25 am as that is when the script(s) executed. Last night I disabled the infamous "Morning Announcement" script and surprise, surprise my system is still up and running. I do not believe that in my case that it is a memory and/or CPU related as I have 4 CPU's that have been running at 0-2% (other than start-up time) and my HS3.exe memory 126,000-139,000 (KB) and my total system memory at 14-15%, the net is that my computer has a lot more capacity and is far from reaching critical mass (crash due to lack of resources). Mike
            Last edited by MNB; November 18, 2017, 12:20 PM.
            Computer: CUK Intel NUC7i7BNH
            Op System: Windows10 Pro - Work Station
            HS Version: HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.19.0

Plug-Ins: AK Weather 4.0.5.25,APCUPSD 3.3.2.3,BLBackup 2.0.63.0,BLEditor 2.0.11.0,BLGData 3.0.55.0,BLOccupied 2.0.28.0,BLShutdown 1.0.6.0,Blue-Iris 3.1.3.33206,Device History 3.2.0.2,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.76,Harmony Hub 4.0.14.0,iRobot 5.22.41.1,JowiHue 4.0.8.7,Nest 3.0.0.34,NetCam Plugin 1.0.0.5,PHLocation2 3.0.0.64,Pushover 4.0.10.0,Random 3.0.0.2,Restart 1.0.0.7,Ring 1.0.0.9,SDJ-Health 3.1.1.3,Sonos 3.1.0.59,Sonos4 4.0.1.12,UltraCID3 3.0.6681.34300,UltraMon3 3.0.6554.33094,UltraNetCam3 3.0.6413.20219,Unifi 4.0.32.0,Zigbee 4.0.11.0,Z-Wave 4.0.3.0, and Jon00 scripts.

Comment

Originally posted by concordseer View Post
              On Day 6 and HS3Pro .383 reporting in Tools-About Homeseer memory used 89mb and Htop reporting 236mb/927mb memory used. I'm expecting this to stabilise soon as it did in .379 but still rising at the moment.
              Day 10 on .383 and About-Homeseer Memory is at 96mb and Htop reporting 260M/927M. Still rising steadily and definitely rising quicker than .379. I was hoping that the memory usage figure would have stabilised by now.

Comment

Originally posted by MNB View Post
                @Adam, thank-you for vindicating me (albeit I could think of better reasons!), I thought I was the only windows HS3 to be burdened with the clr.dll crash(s). I firmly do not believe it has anything to do with your .Net as it hasn't changed, in fact I've eliminated that theory by reformatting my Hard Drives and reinstalling with a fresh copy of Win 10 and HS3 v.383. Me thinks something in HS3 has changed and has made it fragile on one hand (my observations) but the memory leak has been plugged on the other hand. I believe in my circumstances is that my "Morning Announcement" script(s) exacerbated the fragile part of HS3 and so I could repeatedly crash my HS3 at 8:25 am as that is when the script(s) executed. Last night I disabled the infamous "Morning Announcement" script and surprise, surprise my system is still up and running. I do not believe that in my case that it is a memory and/or CPU related as I have 4 CPU's that have been running at 0-2% (other than start-up time) and my HS3.exe memory 126,000-139,000 (KB) and my total system memory at 14-15%, the net is that my computer has a lot more capacity and is far from reaching critical mass (crash due to lack of resources). Mike
                That is strange because I also noticed the time of the event and thought that was likely to be when HS has probably come out of a period of limited activity as it was about the time my partner got up for work and probably triggered a few lighting events.

One better than this is the fact it went again today (within 10 minutes) of my partner coming home and at this point I had been out at work for a couple of hours. Again a likely period of low HS activity and then increased activity much the same way as the morning goes.

Not really sure there is an option to debug this further with the tools I have at my disposal.
                Last edited by mrhappy; January 14, 2018, 02:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mrhappy View Post
                  That is strange because I also noticed the time of the event and thought that was likely to be when HS has probably come out of a period of limited activity as it was about the time my partner got up for work and probably triggered a few lighting events.

One better than this is the fact it went again today (within 10 minutes) of my partner coming home and at this point I had been out at work for a couple of hours. Again a likely period of low HS activity and then increased activity much the same way as the morning goes.

Not really sure there is an option to debug this further with the tools I have at my disposal.
                  Noticing similar behaviour too. Long periods of inactivity followed by any activity leads to a surge in memory usage. The only reason I can think of that is causing this to happen is logging activity.

Comment

Interesting that you make mention of logging because I was doing some changes this afternoon in HS3 re PI's in particular I was looking to reload BLGdata PI but it would download failed and indicating that some other program was using BLGdata PI, so I decided to shut down HS3 and then restart it but when I did, I got the dreaded "clr.dll crash" not immediately but after HS3 icon minimized it's self. I notice whilst monitoring the HS Log obviously there was surge of Log activities followed by frozen log (will no errors) preceded with a "HS3 has stopped working" msg on the HS computer. I was unable to get HS3 to successfully load with out getting "HS3 has stopped working" several times in a row.

So I reverted to erasing my HS3 directories, reloaded v.383 HS3 Pro, and got my backup HS3 from a few days ago and copied into HS3 directories and then was able to get HS3 to successfully load.
                    Computer: CUK Intel NUC7i7BNH
                    Op System: Windows10 Pro - Work Station
                    HS Version: HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.19.0

Plug-Ins: AK Weather 4.0.5.25,APCUPSD 3.3.2.3,BLBackup 2.0.63.0,BLEditor 2.0.11.0,BLGData 3.0.55.0,BLOccupied 2.0.28.0,BLShutdown 1.0.6.0,Blue-Iris 3.1.3.33206,Device History 3.2.0.2,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.76,Harmony Hub 4.0.14.0,iRobot 5.22.41.1,JowiHue 4.0.8.7,Nest 3.0.0.34,NetCam Plugin 1.0.0.5,PHLocation2 3.0.0.64,Pushover 4.0.10.0,Random 3.0.0.2,Restart 1.0.0.7,Ring 1.0.0.9,SDJ-Health 3.1.1.3,Sonos 3.1.0.59,Sonos4 4.0.1.12,UltraCID3 3.0.6681.34300,UltraMon3 3.0.6554.33094,UltraNetCam3 3.0.6413.20219,Unifi 4.0.32.0,Zigbee 4.0.11.0,Z-Wave 4.0.3.0, and Jon00 scripts.

Comment

Interesting that you make mention of logging because I was doing some changes this afternoon in HS3 re PI's in particular I was looking to reload BLGdata PI but it would download failed and indicating that some other program was using BLGdata PI, so I decided to shut down HS3 and then restart it but when I did, I got the dreaded "clr.dll crash" not immediately but after HS3 icon minimized it's self. I notice whilst monitoring the HS Log obviously there was surge of Log activities followed by frozen log (will no errors) preceded with a "HS3 has stopped working" msg on the HS computer. I was unable to get HS3 to successfully load with out getting "HS3 has stopped working" several times in a row.

So I reverted to erasing my HS3 directories, reloaded v.383 HS3 Pro, and got my backup HS3 from a few days ago and copied into HS3 directories and then was able to get HS3 to successfully load.
                      I'm shooting in the dark here. I cannot explain why plugin memory is rising on a daily basis. Also HSConsole.exe memory is steadily rising too. I had better results with .379 and memory usage stabilised after 10 days and in some cases dropped.

Unless we are all working with similar setups it's impossible to make like with like comparisons. One thing is for certain though, there appears to be some form of bug in HS3 which has not been resolved yet. That goes for Linux and Windows users alike. I'm running this setup until it stabilises or crashes.

Comment

I think you might be ever closer to the money, I managed to salvage some parts of the log from yesterday which indicated that an event was stuck in a loop and running continuously as quick as HS could run it. This event was logged and only in the period I salvaged had hundreds of entries per second.

I have no idea why the event went rogue as it is fine this morning (it's fairly conventional) but it is an event that might tie up with yesterday because it is to do with bathroom lighting that may have been triggered around the times HS crashed.

The HS log is certainly a bit broken because I've tried to access yesterdays logs and am now getting with no ability to recover anything.

Nov-18 23:47:23 Log Maintenance 261242 additional records were removed from the log database to reduce its size to 98.66MB.
                        Nov-18 23:47:23 Log Warning Log database maintenance may be needed. (99 >= 50)

260,000 entries in the HS log is quite a few so potentially the error is in the SQLite core when it hits a limit of what it can handle in writing to the database?

rjh - would it be possible to put the log in some sort of external module so if faults it does not take HS with it??

I am going to try and find the cause however with the event as the root cause however it's not that obvious what may be causing it.

Comment

@Rich,

As mentioned before I had a massive problem with the number of Handles used by the HS3.exe process. This has been going on for some time already. After an uptime of around one week I noticed that the handles count was over 9.000.000 in total. The last few beta builds dit not resolve this issue, but today things changed...

After an update of Windows 10 this morning my handles count has been steady around 1500 for the last hour. It seems that the handles count problem was caused by Windows itself and not HS3. I will monitor the handles count during the next few days. If the problem returns I will let you know....

Regards,

Peter

Comment

Originally posted by concordseer View Post
                            Day 10 on .383 and About-Homeseer Memory is at 96mb and Htop reporting 260M/927M. Still rising steadily and definitely rising quicker than .379. I was hoping that the memory usage figure would have stabilised by now.
                            I'm on day 7 and up to 520M, a rise of about 40M a day. Still room to grow, but the system will eventually crash.

Comment

I think you might be ever closer to the money, I managed to salvage some parts of the log from yesterday which indicated that an event was stuck in a loop and running continuously as quick as HS could run it. This event was logged and only in the period I salvaged had hundreds of entries per second.
                              That makes sense. The clr.dll Fault:0x00000fd is a StackOverflow which according to MS is caused by recursive scripts or a program loop. Question is, where is the loop.

Also concerning the increasing memory usage, I have confirmed that if you have any plugins or scripts that use .aspx you will continue to have a memory rise every time that it is used. I was able to replace my .aspx with JSON and now my memory usage is completey flat. Any increases during activity will return to the base level within 5 minutes.

Bob

Comment

I have to agree here that V.383 running on Linux Ubuntu 64 bit is eating memory day by day.

It is most pronounced at looking at HSConsole via HTop and about on the HS3 GUI.

I do not see it as fast because one computer has 2Gb of RAM and the other has 16Gb of RAM and they are both running Ubuntu 16.04 64 bit and Mono 5.X in 64 bit. (one is ARM and one is Intel and both are quad core).

HSConsole memory utilization starts at under 100Mb and in a week it is under 200Mb. (slow though).

RPi2 attic computer testing is running remote zwave, apache2, mysql, owfs, digitemp, domoticz and more. Total utilization of RAM on this machine is around 50Mb after weeks of running.
                                - Pete

Auto mator
                                Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                                Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
                                HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                                HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Working...
                                X