This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sgt. Shultz View Post
    As long as there is nothing proprietary in the manufacturers protocol, then it should work with the Osram hub.

We used GE and Sylvania bulbs along with Osram when we tested.
    So will this plugin fully support all of the Osram Lightify devices that can connect to the Hub?

In the list are a bunch of lights (RGBW, dimmable, and dimmable + white temp), as well as an outlet, a motion/temp sensor, a battery operated remote, and a 4 button switch.

Will this stuff eventually be sold in the Homeseer store?

Any clarification on where this plugin is going will be very much appreciated. Thanks.

HS3 : HSpro (3.0.0.460) on Win2012 (vm on ESXi)
    Plugins: HSTouch, UPBSpud, Kinect, Nest, IFTTT, DirecTV, EasyTrigger, Imperihome, Zwave, RFXcom, UltraMon3, UltraWeatherBug3, UltraGCIR3, UltraLog3, UltraPioneer, PHLocation, Pushover, Pushalot, MCSSPrinklers S, JowiHue
    Jon00 Plugins: Bluetooth Proximity, Performance Monitor, DB Chart, Links

Comment

Yes, our plan is to support all devices that the hub supports.

Originally posted by jlrichar View Post
      So will this plugin fully support all of the Osram Lightify devices that can connect to the Hub?

In the list are a bunch of lights (RGBW, dimmable, and dimmable + white temp), as well as an outlet, a motion/temp sensor, a battery operated remote, and a 4 button switch.

Will this stuff eventually be sold in the Homeseer store?

Any clarification on where this plugin is going will be very much appreciated. Thanks.
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
        Yes, our plan is to support all devices that the hub supports.
        So, I guess that brings up the question of if the remote actually connects with the hub or only talks directly with devices. So, what are you all wanting from us? I provided feedback about the RGBW light strip not updating its status correctly on the HS devices page. . .are you wanting us to buy the mentioned remote and try connecting it? Sgt. Shultz is suggesting that this plugin will only be outgoing communication, not accepting commands into HS. That could make sense. . .but just trying to be a clear picture of where this is all going.

Comment

This looks interesting. I'm curious if it works with the Gardenspot mini rgb lights yet?

Comment

The idea is to support items that are not available with Z-Wave. Can I ask why you want to use the Zigbee remote?

The issue is just time, we don't have all the products yet, but we will eventually get to trying it. I don't have a problem with users trying the devices and giving feedback. I would guess that the remote would show up as a device in the Lightify app, and the HS will replicate it. When it changes status from the remote, it will change status in HS. But if they do some other odd setup where the API does not show it as a device, we will then need to do some work.

As for the RGB lights, we should have those supported soon. You can turn them on and off now.

Originally posted by TechFan View Post
            So, I guess that brings up the question of if the remote actually connects with the hub or only talks directly with devices. So, what are you all wanting from us? I provided feedback about the RGBW light strip not updating its status correctly on the HS devices page. . .are you wanting us to buy the mentioned remote and try connecting it? Sgt. Shultz is suggesting that this plugin will only be outgoing communication, not accepting commands into HS. That could make sense. . .but just trying to be a clear picture of where this is all going.
            💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Understood.

We have several places in our house that have lights where there is no physical switch (ceiling fan and light in living room as well as under the cabinet lighting that runs off a ZWave outlet).

I have been looking for a ZWave switch that can be mounted anywhere on a wall (not at an wired switch location) that replicates the look of "normal" switches. The specific example posted in this thread gets closer than most I have found. I have had several GE remotes, including the one that is intended to look like a wall switch, but they all have issues actually getting associated since they were intended to be primary controllers. . .they don't like being secondary (I think the device you are trying to control has be be in the first 32 nodeIDs or something).

I have been hoping that maybe Aoetec would actually release their touch panel (standalone version that didn't connect a micro switch), but it seems like usual, they prefer to sell "coming soon" products instead of real ones. . .

The remotes that GE announced actually look to finally be a viable ZWave solution, but they aren't being sold yet. . .so they could still be vaporware too.

Anyway, I like to automate things, but also keep the manual control in place (and my wife insists on it). . .and remotes haven't been the only example of items that didn't have a good ZWave solution (or if it did, they costed twice as much).

For me, it is more about being able to control/log/record a large variety of things. . .than to be able to have fancy lighting.

Again, glad this option is in development.
              Last edited by TechFan; January 9, 2017, 05:55 PM. Reason: correct typo

Comment

As for the RGB lights, we should have those supported soon. You can turn them on and off now.[/QUOTE]

Thanks!!

Comment

So, I thought that was the remote I had found and liked in HomeDepot. . .unfortunately, the nice one is the Lutron Connected Bulb Remote Control, which apparently can only connect with the Link hub. . .hopefully GE actually creates theirs.

Comment

... but there are only 17 days left of the trial. And I'm a Pro user.
                    HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
                    Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
                    on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
                    WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

HSZigbee Now In Beta

This whole zigbee thing is very confusing! I am just starting to learn about it because it seems that there are now several major companies (Samsung, Sylvania, GE, Apple, etc ) that are heavily investing in the Zigbee protocol. I know there are many variations on Zigbee and there are a lot of compatibility issues between devices from different companies. In my opinion Zigbee will become a dominant protocol in future home automation (commercial iOT as well) products. That said, to continue to be successful, HS3 must have plugins to allow it to talk to the diverse array of zigbee products.

Homeseer is particularly well positioned to be very successful with Zigbee because of how well it works with plugins. However, I hope we do not end up with a new HS3 plugin for every Zigbee flavor of the month! I for one, am not willing to pay $40-60 for a hub for each flavor then another $30-60 for each HS3 plugin for that flavor.

I have ordered a Lutron Casseta Starter kit which should arrive today. I will evaluate it and see how it works with Apple HomeKit and my current HS3 setup. Hopefully at some point soon, I will be able to control it via Homeseer.

Steve Q

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                      Last edited by Steve Q; January 10, 2017, 02:56 PM.
                      HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
                      2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Comment

I just went down to the basement, and noticed my Zigbee bulb was turned on. I tried turning it off, but:
                        Code:
                        jan-13 23:07:46  ZigBee Error: Command returned an error 
                        jan-13 23:07:46   ZigBee Error:   There was an exception retreiving the authorization token
                        HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
                        Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
                        on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
                        WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

Originally posted by Moskus View Post
                          I just went down to the basement, and noticed my Zigbee bulb was turned on. I tried turning it off, but:
                          Code:
                          jan-13 23:07:46  ZigBee Error: Command returned an error 
                          jan-13 23:07:46   ZigBee Error:   There was an exception retreiving the authorization token
                          Mine also stopped responding earlier in the week. . .but didn't have time to dig into it and forgot to even actually check the detailed logs.

Comment

Cannot get plugin to connect to account - Fixed

My hub came in today. I setup an account using the Android app (it was a pain). I put in the hub and plugged it in. I found the network and attached with my tablet. I entered the password for the home wifi and saved it. The hub attached to the home wifi and turned green.

I went into the plug in and turned it on. I entered the S/N, email and password. I tried the connect to the cloud and it failed. This was in the log:

Jan-13 19:59:32 ZigBee Error: There was an exception in the 'Send' function: Invalid JSON primitive: Object.
                            Jan-13 19:59:32 ZigBee Error: There was an exception retreiving the authorization token

Do I need to reset the hub and try again?

BTW - the plugin has a misspelling in the log... "retreiving" should be retrieving.

I got it fixed. There was an update to the hub. I once I took the update to the hub and hub gateway and it restarted, the plugin was able to connect to the cloud.
                            Last edited by Jobee; January 13, 2017, 09:21 PM.
                            HS3Pro & HS4Pro on Win2012R2
                            Aeotec, Cooper, Cree, GE/Jasco, Intermatic, LIFX, Fortrezz, OSRAM, RCS, Trane, Zooz
                            BLBackup, BLGData, BLRussound, BLSpeech, HSTouch, InvisaLink, HSBuddy, IFTTT, JowiHue, NetCAM, PHLocation, Pushover 3P, Random, rnbWeather, UltraLighting3, weatherXML, ZigBee, Z-Wave

Comment

Originally posted by macromark View Post
                              Later today, HSZigbee will be added to the beta section of the HS3 updater. This new plug-in will initially provide on-off-dim support for Zigbee LightLink bulbs using the Osram Lightify gateway. A brief explanation of the integration is available on our main site at this page: http://homeseer.com/zigbee.html

Please post questions, comments and suggestions to this forum.

The "release" information in the HS3 updater, about this plugin links to the HS store. I could find no information via this link. You might want to fix this.

Steve Q

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                              HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
                              2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Comment

Mine isn't working now either. Testing cloud connection doesnt work.

Originally posted by TechFan View Post
                                Mine also stopped responding earlier in the week. . .but didn't have time to dig into it and forgot to even actually check the detailed logs.

Comment

Working...
                                X