Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cannot remove minimote - ZWave has empty ROOT object

Hi,

I'm new to the Zee and ZWave devices and am having a little trouble removing a device. I got a Aeon Labs minimote and originally I don't think I added it properly. Eventually I found this thread and managed to get it to add as a controller and mostly work (button events would register except for button 1).

However due to my previous attempt, I still have an "Aeon Labs Generic Controller" device listed. I tried following the device link and going to the Z-Wave tab and doing a "remove bad node" but that failed. Now when I go back to the page, I see:

Error: Z-Wave device has empty ROOT object, it may have lost its reference to the actual Z-Wave device,
    try resetting the Z-Wave database from Z-Wave Config

If I go to Z-Wave Config, and use "Reset Z-Wave Data" it just appears to restart the plugin and the device is still there.

Is there something else I should do/try to remove this device? I'm tempted to try "Factory reset" but at the same time a little wary of that, if I do this, can I restore my existing devices and events from a backup?

Any pointers/guidance would be appreicated...Thanks in advance!

Originally posted by smuskiew73 View Post
    Hi,

I'm new to the Zee and ZWave devices and am having a little trouble removing a device. I got a Aeon Labs minimote and originally I don't think I added it properly. Eventually I found this thread and managed to get it to add as a controller and mostly work (button events would register except for button 1).

However due to my previous attempt, I still have an "Aeon Labs Generic Controller" device listed. I tried following the device link and going to the Z-Wave tab and doing a "remove bad node" but that failed. Now when I go back to the page, I see:

Error: Z-Wave device has empty ROOT object, it may have lost its reference to the actual Z-Wave device,
    try resetting the Z-Wave database from Z-Wave Config

If I go to Z-Wave Config, and use "Reset Z-Wave Data" it just appears to restart the plugin and the device is still there.

Is there something else I should do/try to remove this device? I'm tempted to try "Factory reset" but at the same time a little wary of that, if I do this, can I restore my existing devices and events from a backup?

Any pointers/guidance would be appreicated...Thanks in advance!

Did you ever figure out how to remove this device?
    I just installed one and only got a single entry called "Sigma Generic Controller" and can't remove it.

Comment

Working...
    X