Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help with thermostat and HomeKit

Hey all

I have three battery operated CT100 thermostats and running HomeKit homebridge on a Raspberry pi3. My thermostats have both cooling and heating setpoints. HomeKit only allows control of one of the set points. In my json it is currently controlling my cooling set point. I suppose I could just change it to work with heating set point in winter and than change it back to work with cooling set point in summer but there has to be a better automatic solution than that. Especially during the early spring months where I may need remote control to switch on heat and cool.

I tried linking the cooling and heating set points but that didn't work. Only works if I control within homeseer web control but not when using the apple home app or using hstouch on phone. Maybe I did something wrong. Maybe cause battery operated. I did the following: cooling set point linked to heating set point and than did heating set point linked to cooling set point. I can't do device association or anything under homeseer settings for the set points.

Please help!!

Sorry, can't help as I do not have my t-stats connected to HomeKit for security reasons.

I have a policy where technology doesn't start a fire, and where cloud services will not control anything that may have negative impacts on human life.
    HomeSeer 2, HomeSeer 3, Allonis myServer, Amazon Alexa Dots, ELK M1G, ISY 994i, HomeKit, BlueIris, and 6 "4k" Cameras using NVR, and integration between all of these systems. Home Automation since 1980.

Comment

Originally posted by Krumpy View Post
      Sorry, can't help as I do not have my t-stats connected to HomeKit for security reasons.

I have a policy where technology doesn't start a fire, and where cloud services will not control anything that may have negative impacts on human life.
      My understanding of homekit is that it runs local and no cloud service is involved, but maybe you were referring to thermostats+homekit having the potential to start a fire somehow?

Comment

HomeSeer 2, HomeSeer 3, Allonis myServer, Amazon Alexa Dots, ELK M1G, ISY 994i, HomeKit, BlueIris, and 6 "4k" Cameras using NVR, and integration between all of these systems. Home Automation since 1980.

Comment

Originally posted by Krumpy View Post
          It involves Siri, right? That is a cloud service.
          You're right, I hadn't thought about Siri when I considered HomeKit use since I don't tend to use her.

Wisdom with the fireplace too, I'm still pretty new with home automation and I'm sure down the road when I'm looking for things to automate I'll eventually considered putting that on an automated switch, will think twice when the thought crosses my mind now.

Comment

I also have CT100's (many) and had had homebridge working with them. I am looking for my homebridge cnfig.json but cannot seem to find it.

Comment

askme

I figured out how to solve my issue. Just have to have either heating or cooling set point reference id in son and than in homeseer link the two together. unfortunately in my case I don't have my thermostats powered by C wire so this doesn't work very well for me. So at the moment I just have to switch cool or heat spoilt reference id in json config every season change until I get them powered some how

Comment

Working...
              X