Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weather update is not working

Hi Michael,
    Not sure if it was due to the latest release 2.17.0.10, unfortunately the weather seems to update fine if I reboot HS but after that, it does not update the weather anymore. When I try to run it manually, I get a message internet data now being downloaded but then a white screen with nothing in it.

On the same subject, I noticed that I have that it automatically updates to the latest release, there is anyway that I can control when I want to apply these new releases manually?

I also noticed that you have a nice description for each release, that is fantastic, could you please include the date of that release as well so I know if something happen when it happened?

Thanks,
    Aldo

I am not aware of any automatic update unless it is provided by the HST updater. There may be something in the debug file to help understand weather update issues. I am not seeing the same thing here. You should also look at the download2.txt 3, 4, & 5 that are in \data\mcsSprinklers. That is data actually downloaded. Note the file dates as well on these.

Here are 2.17.0.x updates based upon the file date
    2.17.0.10 6/22/2017
    2.17.0.9 6/1/2017
    2.17.0.8 5/31/2017
    2.17.0.7 5/24/2017
    2.17.0.6 2/18/2017
    2.17.0.5 2/4/2017
    2.17.0.4 1/16/2017
    2.17.0.3 1/16/2017
    2.17.0.2 1/4/2017
    2.17.0.1 1/1/2017
    2.17.0.0 12/23/2016

Comment

Thanks Michael, unfortunately I can not find anything in the log. Now when I run the test weather site, I get these results, it seems to be an issue with WeatherUnderground?

Thanks,
      Aldo
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi Michael,
        It sounds like there is an issue with the weather underground? when I enter KMAWALTH10 it gives me this page, it looks like the same with other sites.

Thanks,
        Aldo
        Attached Files

Comment

Looks like WU no longer supports the interface that did not require an API key. mcsSprinklers already supports the API key interface for forecast. I will need to update the current conditions to also uses the API key. It will require users to sign up for an API key if they have not already don't that for the WU forecast. Note also that AWS recently also removed the free service that was being used for current conditions. Another recent change was the change in the security protocol used by WU. They now use one that was not supported by XP so the Embedded XP HS computers will no longer be able to use WU.

Comment

Thanks Michael, please let me know when the change has been done. Not sure why they keep changing and make for difficult for end users and yourself.

Would WU still the best bet for me at this point?

Thanks again,
            Aldo

Comment

Originally posted by aldo View Post
              Hi Michael,
              Not sure if it was due to the latest release 2.17.0.10, unfortunately the weather seems to update fine if I reboot HS but after that, it does not update the weather anymore. When I try to run it manually, I get a message internet data now being downloaded but then a white screen with nothing in it.
              Aldo
              I've also noticed this as well. If I stop and restart the plugin, the weather data displays fine. This isn't a big deal as I don't evaluate the weather data often (otherwise data used in plugin is fine) but I have noticed it for a while now on 2.17.0.10 and seeing this post reminded me of the issue which is worth confirming.

Robert
              HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

When I just use a browser with the WU URL I get the same woops error that Aldo gets. I don't use WU for my personal data so I would not normally see it. Could it be that restarting the plugin actually shows old data that was the last successful download sometime in the past?

Comment

For myself, I was only referring to the blank weather page. I restarted the plugin yesterday and tested both then and again today, and I do see valid up-to-date information. It might occur when my system has been up for a while. It only happens when I invoke "Evaluate internet download from selected stations". All other weather information remains valid throughout the course of the day.

Robert
                  HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

I have implemented the new WU API for current conditions. It requires that the user sign up for a free license. One license for both current conditions and forecast. Even if the old way works I would prefer to move forward as that is what WU now wants to supports.

It does require a "pws:" prefix to be added to the station IDs. Without this prefix then it assumes a city code.

I will post it after completing the rainfall investigation that is occurring in another thread.

Comment

2.17.0.14 incorporates the new WU format. If you have a WU license for forecast then no change needed otherwise need to apply for the WU free license. https://www.wunderground.com/weather/api

The WU location code used by mcsSprinklers can take on various forms. For example "KWASNOQU14", "PWS:KWASNOQU14", "CYOW,CANADA","WA/Seattle"

Comment

Great Job Michael, It works without any issues.
                        I have another request if you do not mind, no rush, perhaps when you have time. I have implemented a soil moisture via Arduino, unfortunately if I give it a code number, it stop working. Would it be possible to implement a reference id instead of code id for these fields, I have attached as an example.

Thanks again,
                        Aldo
                        Attached Files

Comment

2.17.0.15 is uploading now and with it you can use either Device Code or Device Reference. If it is a number then assumed to be a Reference.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post
                            2.17.0.15 is uploading now and with it you can use either Device Code or Device Reference. If it is a number then assumed to be a Reference.
                            Fantastic Michael, thank you for your super fast response.

Aldo

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

Hi Michael,
                              I updated the plugin, now I get this message in the interface plugin. I tried to reboot several times without success.

Thanks,
                              Aldo
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X