Event on the hour fires at 1 minute past the hour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Event on the hour fires at 1 minute past the hour

I have an event that fires on the hour from 5am - 11pm but for some totally bewildering reason this one always fires at precisely one minute past the hour.

All its doing is displaying the time briefly on my LED signs on the hour with the BLLED plugin. All my other events, even those at 1/2 past the hour work fine.
    I've even given it a high priority but no joy.

Am I going blind or crazy or something ?

Click image for larger version

Name:	OClock.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	88.3 KB
ID:	1207934

Originally posted by reggs11 View Post
    I have an event that fires on the hour from 5am - 11pm but for some totally bewildering reason this one always fires at precisely one minute past the hour.

All its doing is displaying the time briefly on my LED signs on the hour with the BLLED plugin. All my other events, even those at 1/2 past the hour work fine.
    I've even given it a high priority but no joy.

Am I going blind or crazy or something ?

[ATTACH]46656[/ATTACH]
    Change your trigger to:"This event will trigger from the top of the hour every...", then leave the time at 0 hrs, 0 mins, 0 secs. The trigger you have chosen is every hour, but with a random start time based upon when HomeSeer was started.
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

I have a similar issue. My speak time and temperature event that triggers every 30 minutes (referenced to the hour) has worked for years on both HS2 and HS3. But about 2 months ago, it started triggering in HS3, 1 minute before the hour and half hour. I have not had time to explore this, but I think it may be related to an HS3 update I installed for JSON compatibility.

Steve Q

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
      HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
      2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Q View Post
        I have a similar issue. My speak time and temperature event that triggers every 30 minutes (referenced to the hour) has worked for years on both HS2 and HS3. But about 2 months ago, it started triggering in HS3, 1 minute before the hour and half hour. I have not had time to explore this, but I think it may be related to an HS3 update I installed for JSON compatibility.

Steve Q

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
        I have time announcements triggered on the hour and a display triggered on the half hour and they are still exact. It would be interesting to look at your log at the event trigger times to see if your event is shown to trigger early with regard to the log time stamp.
        HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
          Change your trigger to:"This event will trigger from the top of the hour every...", then leave the time at 0 hrs, 0 mins, 0 secs. The trigger you have chosen is every hour, but with a random start time based upon when HomeSeer was started.
          Thanks Randy - I'm sure I'd tried that but it must have been the 'once every hour from the top of the hour' but it wouldn't accept 0 hrs, 0 mins, 0 secs.
          Cheers anyway, its working fine now

Comment

OK a thought from HS1 and 2.

The delay could be that the event is being queued. Do you have other events firing at the same time?
            sigpic
            A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

No the issue was resolved with the above solution. Basically user error, with me being the user

Comment

Working...
              X