This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HAI Plugin Beta - v3.0.1.12

Version 3.0.1.12 was submitted to the updater this morning. I'm hopeful they get it updated by EOD.

Changes in this version:
    • Added Unit support (UPB/X10).
    • Added Flag support.
    • Added Thermostat support.
    • Fixed issue with plugin not picking up AC Fail detection (System Troubles).
    • Added more device status images.
    • Refactoring older code.

To say this is a large update is an understatement. A lot of code went into supporting Thermostats, Units and Flags. I have tested with a couple of RC-80 Thremostats and UPB modules. You can control basic functions from the device management page, or with HS Events. In the HS Events setup, just use "Control a device..."

I had to give up (for now) on creating thermostat devices so that the default HSTouch app uses HAI thermostats. I found some posts by Kirby and others that there appears to be some secret sauce that HST uses to make Z-Wave thermostats show up in the default HSTouch app. I'm not giving up, though. I have to be able to set thermostats from my HSTouch tablets or WAF will stay at an all-time low.

I only have a single UPB device at this time. It is an appliance module, so I need you guys to test out dimming. I built support for it, but have no real way to test it. My experience with UPB so far is that it is really fast

I'll leave 3.0.1.12 in Beta status for now, but this will be moving to paid status very soon. Make sure you hold onto your license keys!

***Backup your current installation so you can revert back if needed!!

HST didnt get it loaded in the updater, so here is the EXE if you want to try it out. Shutdown the plugin, make a backup of HSPI_HAI.exe and replace it with this one.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by rmasonjr; January 15, 2016, 09:25 PM. Reason: Added file
    HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Thank you Rob! I look forward to updating.

The thermostat and functions here are directly related to WAF.

That said though it is mostly looked at but not touched much except for the "hold" at certain temperatures sometimes.

It is configured for comfort and not cost savings.

That is the way it is and totally related to WAF.

I have recently been playing a bit with the lighting and RFID and auto mobile. It is fast and works well.

Lighting in wall switches here are all UPB. There is too Z-Wave and X10 stuff. All of it is fast and I do not really pay much attention to it these days.
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Waiting....

Comment

Looks like it didnt make it to the updater today, so I attached the EXE (as a zip file) in the first post.

If you are adventurous and want to try it out, feel free!

Post any issues in this thread...

Comment

Thank you Rob. Updated to V.12 on the RPi2.

HAI 3.0.1.12 Included OK

I did a quickie test with one UPB switched kitchen can (over the sink).

I sent an ON from the OPII panel Omnitouch screen and see the following pictures.

Note here using the HS2 UPB plugin and HS2 HAI serial plugin.

A review of the below UPB pictures. It is understood you have one UPB appliance switch.

Noticed too that the Units piece picks up the UPB but not the X10 or Z-wave devices connected to the panel.

Noticed type of unit defined in PCA for X-10 is called "standard" and type defined for Z-Wave is called "Vizia RF Z-Wave".

I have attached a picture of unit types.

1 - via OPII send a 50% DIM to one UPB switch
          2 - HS2 sees the DIM via HS2 HAI Plugin
          3 - HS2 sees the DIM via UPB plugin
          4 - HS3 sees the dim via HAI plugin for a second then turns variable seen from dim to on or off.

Note: here not utilizing HLC for UPB and my OPII UPB does always indicate status of UPB switch (have 4-5 UPB PIMs on line).

IE: if I send a dim command from the OPII panel Omnitouch then all of the other PIMs get the dim command. If I send a dim command from one of the UPB PIMs (not OPII) then the OPII gets the DIM command.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Pete; January 16, 2016, 10:22 AM.
          - Pete

Auto mator
          Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
          Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Thanks Pete email me your hai.log and let me take a look. Your screenshot is the thermostat. Can you send a screenshot of your units tab?

Sent from my SCH-R970X using Tapatalk

Comment

No problems Rob.

Will take to email. I will go to debug logging. Here is a picture of the units tab.

Current log was around 400Mb so shut down plugin, renamed hai.log to hai.log.old and now looking at the new log.

Enabled one UPB switch and do see it in the log. That is all I see relating to UPB. Logging did not show the Kitchen switch which was enabled previously.

1/16/2016 9:48:02 AM [2] [--->Parent [HAI] Child [Landscape SW] added...]

I have debug enabled and do not see anything related to Units/UPB in debug log. Logs got large really fast.

Note that I use A-B units for X10 and C to XX for UPB and X to XX for Z-Wave sections.

Many folks utilize HLC instead of UPB which is HAI UPB's methodology for HAI UPB switches (which are HLC).

I am also testing Zigbee but currently have no Zigbee controller connected to the OPII panel.

I apologize in that I should have mentioned this beforehand.

This is where I have been testing /using Z-Wave as I have some 5-6 different Z-Wave networks set up with different controllers/software.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Pete; January 16, 2016, 11:00 AM.
              - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Hi Rob,

I am testing now...I have a couple of hours to play.

-Travis

Comment

Hi Rob,

As Pete indicated, HLC is the more common UPB Control method when using a HAI Panel with HAI UPB Devices. As such, when I moved to the new Plug-In version I can only see my Non-HAI UPB Devices. Here's my breakdown:

QTY----Brand-----------------Description------------------------Communication Method
                  24-------HAI------------------------600W Dimming Switch-----------------HLC
                  2---------HAI-----------------------15A Relay Switch------------------------HLC
                  2---------HAI-----------------------8-Button House Controller-------------HLC
                  1---------WGL----------------------Rain8upb---------------------------------UPB
                  1---------Simply Automated-----UMI-32 3-Input/2-Output Module-----UPB
                  3---------Simply Automated-----UCQ-F 4-Button Fan Speed Control---UPB

Essentially until the HAI HLC Unit Type is available, I have to go back to the Spud UPB Plug-In. I prefer to keep the HAI products using HLC to track status on the HAI Status switches more easily vs setting them up exclusively to use UPB. Any idea on when HLC will be available as a Type in the Plug-In?

UPDATE: In order to help along the progress of the Plug-In I am reprogramming my HAI Panel to no longer use HLC and use UPB instead in hopes to restore all the functionality of HLC in the future and eliminate the need for the 3rd Party UPB Plug-In. Let's hope this goes well!!!!

That's what I have so far.....thanks for the hard work!

-Travis
                  Last edited by Daweeze; January 16, 2016, 02:46 PM.

Comment

thermostat issues

I am trying the new plugin with my existing HAI layout which includes 14 zigbee thermostats.

I seem to be able to control all of the thermostats but some of the icons do not display. The following errors appear in the log at startup.

Jan-16 1:34:50 PM Warning File does not exist: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS3\html\images\HAI\heating_64.png
                    Jan-16 1:34:47 PM Warning File does not exist: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS3\html\images\HAI\humidifying_64.png
                    Jan-16 1:34:47 PM Warning File does not exist: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS3\html\images\HAI\off_48.png
                    Jan-16 1:34:47 PM Warning File does not exist: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS3\html\images\HAI\auto_64.png
                    Jan-16 1:34:47 PM Warning File does not exist: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS3\html\images\HAI\dehumidifying_64.png

Comment

Originally posted by Overst View Post
                      I am trying the new plugin with my existing HAI layout which includes 14 zigbee thermostats.

I seem to be able to control all of the thermostats but some of the icons do not display. The following errors appear in the log at startup.

Jan-16 1:34:50 PM Warning File does not exist: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS3\html\images\HAI\heating_64.png
                      Jan-16 1:34:47 PM Warning File does not exist: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS3\html\images\HAI\humidifying_64.png
                      Jan-16 1:34:47 PM Warning File does not exist: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS3\html\images\HAI\off_48.png
                      Jan-16 1:34:47 PM Warning File does not exist: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS3\html\images\HAI\auto_64.png
                      Jan-16 1:34:47 PM Warning File does not exist: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS3\html\images\HAI\dehumidifying_64.png

I suspect that is because we are not installing the entire Plug-In Package that includes the graphics folders. Instead we are intsalling just the Plug-In .exe file. Once it hits the updater I would imagine that the graphics will populate as the referenced graphics would be present.

-Travis

Comment

Hi Rob,

Here's a bug I at least experienced....

When enabling the units in the Plug-In, when you enable the them to add them to devices, the 7th selection and beyond do not add. Instead the browser acts like you are enabling them but the HS Web Interface stops responding. when you refresh and you have to close/reopen the browser and it will indeed only have added 6 devices before it stopped responding. Here's what I had to do to work-around:

1) Open Secondary Browser to View HAI Units
                        2) Primary Browser: Enable 6 Units in Plug-In (Secondary Browser Updates Devices When Each Unit Is Enabled)
                        3) Primary Browser: Enable 7th Unit (Secondary Browser Does Not Reflect the Added Device)
                        4) Primary Browser: Select any HS Web Tab (Browser Frozen/Endless Loading, Secondary Browser is Ok)
                        5) Primary Browser: Close/Reopen Browser (Since New Tab Does Not Work to Fix)
                        6) Select Plug-In Units to Add More Units (Previous Seventh Item is Disabled But The 1st 6 Added Are Still Enabled)

I hope that makes sense.....

-Travis

Comment

ALC units not showing up

Hey Rob great work on the plugin. My thermostats all show up and respond. Yay!

You and I traded PMs a while back and you thought that ALC uses the same protocol as UPB. All of my units are ALC switches and none show up in the plugin.

In PC Access, in the units section, all 256 units show a house code of "extended". Another choice there is UPB. If I change those units to UPB, do you think it might screw up my HAI setup, and also do you think it would cause the units to show in the plugin?

Tom

Comment

Yup; ALC (advanced lighting control) uses relays where as HLC (HAI lighting control) is a propietary HAI UPB protocol for the OPII panel.

An ALC switch has HV/LV cables to it. The ALC HAI daughter board has individual per switch connections.

Personally while legacy the LV wire to the switch methodology is the sure bet always working way to automate a switch.

The ALC Switch Modules are intended for installation in homes which have been pre-wired for installation of ALC system products. An ALC branch cable (twisted-pair 20 to 24 gauge, Cat 3 or better) and an uninterrupted source of 120 VAC must be present at each location. Additionally, an ALC Auxiliary Switch cable (3 conductor 20 to 24 gauge) may be present for dedicated multi-way
                            switching applications. The ALC branch and Auxiliary Switch cables should be located above and outside each switch box.

The above said the lighting units are all the same except for the protocal being utilized.

You can program an HAI HLC switch via PCA or touchscreen or keypad.

A Leviton HAI HLC switch is a UPB switch with a tweak of firmware made for the HAI Omni Panels.

The above noted all of the different types of switches show up as unit devices via PCA.

You see the type of switch in the drop down at the first of each group of 16 devices.
                            Last edited by Pete; January 16, 2016, 05:20 PM.
                            - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post

I only have a single UPB device at this time. It is an appliance module, so I need you guys to test out dimming. I built support for it, but have no real way to test it. My experience with UPB so far is that it is really fast
                              Hi Rob,

I cannot get dimming to work properly for my UPB Dimmers.

Observations:

1) If a Light is Off and you set it to On, the Status goes to Dim 1% even though the light is on at 100%

2) If a Light is Off and you set it to Dim 50% the Status Changes to 50% and then almost immediately the Slider and Status snap to Off.

3) If a Light is On and you set it to Dim to 50% it works but no dim level is shown int the Device List Status Field (It goes blank) and the slider goes all the way to the right (99-100%).

Related Logs:

Device On:

1/16/2016 2:55:11 PM [2] [SetIOMulti: CC.Ref=[946] CC.ControlValue=[100]]
                              1/16/2016 2:55:11 PM [2] [Unit_On: unitId=67 ]
                              1/16/2016 2:55:11 PM [2] [UNSOLICITED: ExtendedStatus]
                              1/16/2016 2:55:11 PM [2] [---->Unit]
                              1/16/2016 2:55:11 PM [2] [-->UNIT: desc=[] number=[67] name=[StairwayHall]]
                              1/16/2016 2:55:11 PM [2] [-->Unsolicited: updating unit collection...]
                              1/16/2016 2:55:11 PM [2] [-->Unsolicited: raising event for unit 67]
                              1/16/2016 2:55:11 PM [2] [--> Unit 67 changed status. Updating Homeseer...]

Device Off:

1/16/2016 2:55:16 PM [2] [SetIOMulti: CC.Ref=[946] CC.ControlValue=[0]]
                              1/16/2016 2:55:16 PM [2] [Unit_Off: unitId=67 ]
                              1/16/2016 2:55:16 PM [2] [UNSOLICITED: ExtendedStatus]
                              1/16/2016 2:55:16 PM [2] [---->Unit]
                              1/16/2016 2:55:16 PM [2] [-->UNIT: desc=[] number=[67] name=[StairwayHall]]
                              1/16/2016 2:55:16 PM [2] [-->Unsolicited: updating unit collection...]
                              1/16/2016 2:55:16 PM [2] [-->Unsolicited: raising event for unit 67]
                              1/16/2016 2:55:16 PM [2] [--> Unit 67 changed status. Updating Homeseer...]

Device Dim to 38%

1/16/2016 2:55:19 PM [2] [Unit_Dim: unitId=67 dimVal=38]
                              1/16/2016 2:55:21 PM [2] [UNSOLICITED: ExtendedStatus]
                              1/16/2016 2:55:21 PM [2] [---->Unit]
                              1/16/2016 2:55:21 PM [2] [-->UNIT: desc=[] number=[67] name=[StairwayHall]]
                              1/16/2016 2:55:21 PM [2] [-->Unsolicited: updating unit collection...]
                              1/16/2016 2:55:21 PM [2] [-->Unsolicited: raising event for unit 67]
                              1/16/2016 2:55:21 PM [2] [--> Unit 67 changed status. Updating Homeseer...]

Hope that's enough info to help!

-Travis

Comment

Working...
                              X