Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to monitor when a computer is remote connected RDP - Solution!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to monitor when a computer is remote connected RDP - Solution!

I have an accounting PC that my accountant/bookkeepers access to do my books and taxes. Is there a way to have Homeseer recognize when someone has logged into the computer via RDP? I'd like to use it to monitor when the computer is being used, ultimately so I can cut down any other internet bandwidth that may slow that connection down as well as run a rough counter to see how long that connection is made?

Any plugins or creative solutions? The computer is on the same internal network as my HS PC. All running Windows 7 Ultimate.

Comment

There is an event log with a specific # at start and end of session. Don't know how to parse event logs in Windows to HomeSeer though...

Comment

Originally posted by AgileHumor View Post
        There is an event log with a specific # at start and end of session. Don't know how to parse event logs in Windows to HomeSeer though...
        jon00 has a utility for that.

Cheers
        Al

EDIT: Info here: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...t=jon00+winlog
        HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
        Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Gee... I missed this one. Too cool!
          HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

What can't Jon00 do? Seriously that is awesome. I'll be installing it shortly!

Comment

While not specific to RDP, I use BLLan to poll when an IP appears on my net. My VPN issues an IP to the VPN client when connected. I simply created a BLLan device for the client IP. This works very well. I have it set up so that I get a Pushover notification when the VPN is active. So does RDP issue an IP to the client ?

Comment

Working...
              X