No announcement yet.

HS3 Beta 3.0.0.243

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you Rich, I can appreciate your stand and agree with it to a point. I do have issues that I have brought up (currently using the same project across windows client and android gives two different results). I can open bugzilla to follow process.

I don't want to distract from the thread. I do appreciate all the efforts from your side (though sometimes I do get frustrated ). I would like to take offline my current issue with HSTouch as it may just be a pebcak issue.

Originally posted by rjh View Post
    I have been going through bugzilla and working on some of the issues, but I have to say so far the issues are very minor. As for the recurring, I believe that is finally fixed, took a while to figure out what was going on.

We obviously cannot spend all of our resources fixing an issue that affects only a handful of users. Sorry to have to say that, but we have to keep adding new features to bring in new users or we won't have any $ to pay our employees!

Its easy to look at some posted issues and say HS is loaded with bugs, but I use the system every day and I don't have any issues at all, and yes I use HSTouch daily with the default project and a custom one. So for most users the system works as designed. Even the recurring issue, I never saw that. That issue only happened on systems that were taxed and could not give enough CPU to HS.

The biggest issue with some bugs is a user will complain about some one time event that is impossible for us to re-create. I can tell you cases like that will not be looked at since there is nothing for me to troubleshoot! If you want your issue resolved, please include detailed instructions so that we can re-create it.

I can say this, if you have an issue that is keeping you from using the system as designed, open a help desk ticket at helpdesk.homeseer.com and include the bugzilla ticket # and I will move those to the top of this list.

We do have a new Designer that will be posted soon with some new features that fixes some connection issues.

The Echo changes should be completed and released this week so we can move on.

Comment

What kind of device is "kitchen Lights"? Create a virtual device and give it a unique name and try to control that. That will rule out some issue with the actual device control.

I did just do a re-test of Linux here and it seems to work fine with the Echo and HSTouch (Android App).

I will be posting an updated beta for all targets shortly.
      Thats a good point, Rich. All I turn off/on are virtual devices that trigger actual lighting events and it works fine as far as I can tell...
      HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
      54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
      Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

I have been going through bugzilla and working on some of the issues, but I have to say so far the issues are very minor. As for the recurring, I believe that is finally fixed, took a while to figure out what was going on.

We obviously cannot spend all of our resources fixing an issue that affects only a handful of users. Sorry to have to say that, but we have to keep adding new features to bring in new users or we won't have any $ to pay our employees!

Its easy to look at some posted issues and say HS is loaded with bugs, but I use the system every day and I don't have any issues at all, and yes I use HSTouch daily with the default project and a custom one. So for most users the system works as designed. Even the recurring issue, I never saw that. That issue only happened on systems that were taxed and could not give enough CPU to HS.

The biggest issue with some bugs is a user will complain about some one time event that is impossible for us to re-create. I can tell you cases like that will not be looked at since there is nothing for me to troubleshoot! If you want your issue resolved, please include detailed instructions so that we can re-create it.

I can say this, if you have an issue that is keeping you from using the system as designed, open a help desk ticket at helpdesk.homeseer.com and include the bugzilla ticket # and I will move those to the top of this list.

We do have a new Designer that will be posted soon with some new features that fixes some connection issues.

The Echo changes should be completed and released this week so we can move on.

Hi Rich,

Perhaps you could create a post soliciting bugs for HSTouch designer? It should be obvious what is tripping the majority up pretty quickly. I suspect that some will be real bugs and some will just be lack of knowledge. Either way it will likely be good for the product.

HS3 : HSpro (3.0.0.460) on Win2012 (vm on ESXi)
        Plugins: HSTouch, UPBSpud, Kinect, Nest, IFTTT, DirecTV, EasyTrigger, Imperihome, Zwave, RFXcom, UltraMon3, UltraWeatherBug3, UltraGCIR3, UltraLog3, UltraPioneer, PHLocation, Pushover, Pushalot, MCSSPrinklers S, JowiHue
        Jon00 Plugins: Bluetooth Proximity, Performance Monitor, DB Chart, Links

Comment

Sure. I posted a thread here:

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...14#post1232114

Before I release the next Designer update, post any issues you have to that thread. That will help quantify how important they are.

Originally posted by jlrichar View Post
          Hi Rich,

Perhaps you could create a post soliciting bugs for HSTouch designer? It should be obvious what is tripping the majority up pretty quickly. I suspect that some will be real bugs and some will just be lack of knowledge. Either way it will likely be good for the product.
          💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

What kind of device is "kitchen Lights"? Create a virtual device and give it a unique name and try to control that. That will rule out some issue with the actual device control.

I did just do a re-test of Linux here and it seems to work fine with the Echo and HSTouch (Android App).

I will be posting an updated beta for all targets shortly.
            It's a PLCbus device. Just tried creating a virtual device and adding it to voice. Same issue.

Funny thing is, when I revert back to .208, voice works again.
            I'm gonna backup my data and start on a new set of data on .243 and see how it goes. 'Cos maybe .243 doesn't like something in my data?

Comment

Our goal is to have an official release by the end of this week.
              Is this in a stable release yet?

Comment

Originally posted by smikkelsen View Post
                Is this in a stable release yet?
                Yep. Restart you system to get the update.

Greig.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
                Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
                X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
                Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
                Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
                Scripts =
                Various

Comment

How can I show all items enabled for voice control?

I recently found out voice was enabled by default when adding 50 or so devices.

Also, should that be the default?

Thanks!

Comment

How can I show all items enabled for voice control?

I recently found out voice was enabled by default when adding 50 or so devices.

Also, should that be the default?

Thanks!
                    Yesterday 07:10 AM
                    We decided on enabling devices to voice command by default after noticing that checking that box was being forgotten a lot when using voice command.

There isn't a filter for voice command devices..., maybe that could be something we add in a later version.

If you need to edit the devices that are voice enabled, you can use the checkboxes next to the devices, then select from the drop list.

So, to ensure which devices are voice enabled, select all the devices, then select 'Disable Voice' from the drop list.

Go back through the devices, selecting the ones you want voice enabled, then select 'Voice Enable' from the drop list.
                    Wade

"I know nothing... nothing!"

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt. Shultz View Post
                      We decided on enabling devices to voice command by default after noticing that checking that box was being forgotten a lot when using voice command.

There isn't a filter for voice command devices..., maybe that could be something we add in a later version.

If you need to edit the devices that are voice enabled, you can use the checkboxes next to the devices, then select from the drop list.

So, to ensure which devices are voice enabled, select all the devices, then select 'Disable Voice' from the drop list.

Go back through the devices, selecting the ones you want voice enabled, then select 'Voice Enable' from the drop list.
                      Hi Wade,

I'd prefer to not have it enabled by default either. Is that property available through the Device Class (http://homeseer.com/support/homeseer...viceclass1.htm & http://homeseer.com/support/homeseer...elp/dvmisc.htm)? If so, can the documentation be updated to reflect that? With the info, I'm sure I can whip together a quick script to disable them all or create a list of which ones have it enabled/disabled.

Thanks
                      Al
                      HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
                      Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

dv.MISC_Set(hs, Enums.dvMISC.AUTO_VOICE_COMMAND)

dv.MISC_Clear(hs, Enums.dvMISC.AUTO_VOICE_COMMAND)

dv.MISC_Check(hs, Enums.dvMISC.AUTO_VOICE_COMMAND)
                        Wade

"I know nothing... nothing!"

Comment

Hi All,

I have made a new system on a RPi 3 with HS3 full Linux.
                          I get this Warning when I connect a HSTouch client:
                          HStouch server warning:
                          HSTouch had an Error retrieving the capabilities for a media plugin with Error = Object reference not set to an instance of an object Service
                          Version: NO_VERSION
                          Also the beta from the updater gives the same warning', I disabled the sonos plug-in but no result.
                          Any other ideas?

EDIT: Problem found it was de "SurveillanceStation" plug-in what caused the warning.

Regards Paul
                          Last edited by Paul32; October 18, 2016, 08:53 AM.

Comment

Working...
                          X