Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll continue the remote thermostat control if there is any interest...

In the meantime, here is a new script to control lights. It shows a semi-transparent slider with light status. If you click the small light icon, the light is switched on/off. If you move the slider, the corresponding DIM or BRIGHT command is sent. A tooltip showing location + name is shown if you leave the cursor over the slider.

You can run several simultaneous remote light scripts. You select the device by passing device house code + device code as the script parameter.

You have to make sure the following picture files are present on the remote computer (you may copy the files from your main HS server)

- HomeSeer 2\html\Images\HomeSeer\on.gif
    - HomeSeer 2\html\Images\HomeSeer\off.gif
    - HomeSeer 2\html\Images\HomeSeer\dim.gif
    - HomeSeer 2\html\Images\HomeSeer\disabled.gif

[EDIT] Script removed as a new fixed version is available in the plugin V0.6.2.2 package.
    Last edited by stipus; September 6, 2007, 04:00 PM.
    --
    stipus

Comment

Wow Stipus, great plugin!

Now I don't have enough time as it is to do HS, and now you come up with this!!?!?!? How am I supposed to have enough time now?!

Again, GREAT idea, I can't wait to have some time to get into this!!

--Dan
      Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

Originally posted by stipus View Post
        I just started to work on a remote thermostat control script.

What do you think ?
        This is good. I do not have a HS connected thermostat, but I have written a simulated one in the rule language of the ELK alarm panel (and that was painful). I can read the actual temp from ELK plugin, and have elk tasks to set the setpoints and up and down one degree controllable from homeseer.

Since your thermostat is scripted work, I can easilly attach the back end of your windows interface to my fake thermostat and make it look good.

Thanks!

Phil

Comment

Wow Stipus, great plugin!
          Thanks... currently the plugin works really better than I first expected. I have the V0.5.2.2 script client running on 2 computers (since I compiled this version), and with many scripts running. I did shutdown and restart HS on the main server several times and clients are always reconnecting properly. I didn't see any unhandled error or problem (yet... fingers crossed).

I think this version is ready for the updater ! In the V0.6.2.2 version, I added a system wide Exec (if the computer name is set to *, scripts are ran simultaneously on all registered clients).

Since your thermostat is scripted work, I can easilly attach the back end of your windows interface to my fake thermostat and make it look good.
          I would like to know if there is any interest in connecting the thermostat script to the HomeSeer thermostat API, or if it's better to leave the thermostat script as an empty shell. Here my thermostats do not use the HS thermostat API.
          Last edited by stipus; September 4, 2007, 05:25 AM.
          --
          stipus

Comment

[quote=psampson;785192]Here is my first remote script based heavilly on Stipus remote_devicecontrol.

The script should work with either skype plugin (tested) or themax74 depricated .NET SMS Plugin (tested).
            quote]

Thanks for this outstanding effort...will try it out! I have been looking to do this for ages!

Comment

[QUOTE=darren-mc;785282]
              Originally posted by psampson View Post
              Here is my first remote script based heavilly on Stipus remote_devicecontrol.

The script should work with either skype plugin (tested) or themax74 depricated .NET SMS Plugin (tested).
              quote]

Thanks for this outstanding effort...will try it out! I have been looking to do this for ages!
              No problem, I hope it is of use to you. I edited my post above with a new step #5 which was Stipus' suggestion and I think it is the best way to start the SMS script locally on the client when you suddenly have the need..

Comment

--
                stipus

Comment

I am thinking that I could provide VB.NET code that builds a RCS X10 thermostat GUI that looks and functions like the physical hardware. Script Connector could then be used with thermostat API or direct calls to my thermostat plug-in's scripting interface to remotely control. IMHO, this is nicer than web page control.
                  Last edited by Jim Doolittle; September 4, 2007, 12:33 PM.
                  Jim Doolittle

My Twitter
                  My Hardware & Software

Comment

Originally posted by stipus View Post
                    Please tell me if you have any good remote script idea ... I can try working on it...

I have been trying to script a remote HomeSeer event log, but unfortunately the RegisterEventCB() HomeSeer API doesn't work from a remote script. I don't really understand why... and I read on the board that many have also tried this API from a remote host, and got the same error message.
                    You could write a loq queuing plug-in on the local computer that will send the info to remote clients. I do this already with one of my standalone apps that also has a HS plug-in for allowing communication with HS.
                    Jim Doolittle

My Twitter
                    My Hardware & Software

Comment

I just finished the thermostat script...

I made the script very modular, so that it can be adapted to most thermostats.
                      I have included a simulated thermostat, and everything needed to interface with a HomeSeer based thermostat is commented in the code.

The led color changes from green to red and blue, and the current temp is refreshed every 30 seconds.

Time for a little more testing, and I publish a first version.
                      Last edited by stipus; September 4, 2007, 02:00 PM.
                      --
                      stipus

Comment

The thermostat script is working very well here !

The code is attached. By default it's running in simulated mode. You can edit the code to switch from Celcius to fahrenheit, or use a decimal point if your thermostat uses decimals.

The code starts with a user editable section you can change to interface with most thermostats. All the code needed to interface with a thermostat using the HomeSeer thermostat API is commented in this section.

As usual, you can run this script easily from the remote computer using the command line HsScript.exe remote_thermostat.cs, and you can create a destop shortcut and set the shortcut target to "c:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\HsScript.exe" remote_thermostat.cs

[EDIT] Attachement removed as it's installed with latest versions of the plugin.
                        Last edited by stipus; September 9, 2007, 11:33 AM.
                        --
                        stipus

Comment

Bonjour,

Ok no I won't talk to you in french, coz it might ruffle a few feathers...

Your script connector system is great ! Tried it briefly this morning and it rocks !

I am using an X-10 controlled thermostat and will give your thermostat script a try for sure.

Another potential application that comes to mind is a wholehouse music control system. I have several computers (5 at last count) in my network, as well as an audiotron and two Rios: all able to play music.

Initially, I was thinking of having some kind of a web based type control panel to manage everything, however, your remote scripting system opens other avenues. Web page control is ok, but it's not as responsive. Your script connector will also help solve the problem of scripting control of remote audio sources located on several different machines.

Great work man... keep it up !

Comment

I think we could make 2 different scripts:

1) A script to control the music player (that would be adjustable to each music player).

2) A script with a User Interface (play / stop / pause ...).

Then from any computer, we can run the User Interface script, and this one would call the control script on any (selected) client.

I think it's a very good idea.
                            --
                            stipus

Comment

Stipus,

Any idea (I know it's similar to Linux and you mentioned before that you have not programmed in Linux for a long time) if this can be run on QNX in some way? I use a custom circuit that I designed and built for my whole house audio. It uses 8 sound cards MUXed through a custom mixer.

As such, I use webcontrol as was indicated above. To have a more responsive system would be FANTASTIC! My only issue is that I use Audreys instead of Windows based touchpanels.

Any ideas? I'm not afraid to try my hand at some coding.

Just rolling around ideas right now. I mean, I have purchased a Bluetooth dongle, got that setup, downloaded the Stipus Bluetooth plugin, but have YET to enable it to try it out!! Too many things going on (I just finished installing a new Tankless Water unit at the house...wow!)!

fran_joel,

I don't think you would ruffle any feathers as you have been so kind as to put both english and french down. I was only making a joke before with regards to the french being written!!

It just reminded me of the movie Canadian Bacon, where John Candy, et. al. were stopped by the police, not due to the derogatory remarks on the side of the truck, but because they had to write the same things in French!

--Dan
                              Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

drozwood,

The script client can only run on a computer that supports the Microsoft .NET Framework (I don't think QNX supports .Net).

I know Linux does support .NET quite well using the MONO project.

This means the script client could be recompiled for Mono. However, the problem I see is that the script Client heavily uses several HomeSeer libraries (Scheduler.dll, HomeSeer2.dll and HS2Util.dll).

This means these 3 libraries would have to be recompiled on mono first....
                                I don't have the code for these libs. They are HomeSeer Technology property.
                                --
                                stipus

Comment

Working...
                                X