No announcement yet.

Upgrading from HS2 to HS3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, you can import nodes if there are any. If you need to add more, use the "Add Node" function from the Actions list.

All functions are on the Actions list on the Controller Managment page.

We tried to make Z-Wave easier to use but it sounds like some of you are confused. Please tell me what part of the interface is confusing?

When you click on the Plugins menu, you then click Z-Wave, then Controller Functions. Everything is on that screen.

Originally posted by lunkan View Post
    Yes, the Z-stick is working (as it responds to node information), I also hope that it will be possible to import the nodes. Don't want to reset the stick.
    Where to add a new node?
    Right now I don't have any nodes to control in HS3
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

What operating system are you using? Are you logged in as administrator? The error points to an issue reading resources out of the Z-Wave plugin file. I am thinking there is something blocking access. Are you running any anti-virus?

QUOTE=lunkan;1066361]Z-wave problems, this is from the log, what does it means?[/QUOTE]

Comment

Insteon?

Will there be support for Insteon?

Thanks,
        Terry

Comment

I know Mark is working on it.

If anyone wants their favorite plugin ported to HS3, make sure you ask the plugin author in their forum so they know there is interest.

Originally posted by Thickman View Post
          Will there be support for Insteon?

Thanks,
          Terry

Comment

What about HSPhone?

Comment

It will be coming soon, we just need to cleanup the UI.

Originally posted by joegr View Post
              What about HSPhone?

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
                If anyone wants their favorite plugin ported to HS3, make sure you ask the plugin author in their forum so they know there is interest.

I know it's a stretch, but I'm really going to miss not having my Powerlink USB controller. I know the code I have now is from the v1 era, but that darn thing just keeps chugging away. It's proven to be a really good piece of hardware. People will be able to buy these things on ebay for years to come...

How about it... can't hurt to ask...

Comment

What operating system are you using? Are you logged in as administrator? The error points to an issue reading resources out of the Z-Wave plugin file. I am thinking there is something blocking access. Are you running any anti-virus?

QUOTE=lunkan;1066361]Z-wave problems, this is from the log, what does it means?
                  [/QUOTE]

I'm running XP SP3. (disabled antivirus but same problem) Anyway I'm gonna upgrade the OS, what to buy? (oh, I'm already bought win 8 pro update. I get a good price on that)

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry Coleman View Post
                    I know it's a stretch, but I'm really going to miss not having my Powerlink USB controller. I know the code I have now is from the v1 era, but that darn thing just keeps chugging away. It's proven to be a really good piece of hardware. People will be able to buy these things on ebay for years to come...

I hear ya! I guess it depends on how many still have the powerlinc usb and how vocal they are about keeping it. I know i'm in no hurry to spend a 100 bucks for a TI103 for the 3 palmpads i use. I would spend a little though if someone updated the plug-in to work.
                    Marty
                    ------
                    XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
                    Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry Coleman View Post

I agree, I love the one I have it just works... Sure would like to see it supported. Question, if I have to switch to another controller which way should I go? Looks like HS is going to support the old X10 controllers and Z-wave. Why doesn't HS support Insteon natively in lieu of a third party plugin? Is HS pushing everyone to Z-wave?

Comment

Originally posted by nightwalker View Post
                        Not what I wanted to hear but understood. I only use X10 for a few palmpads and am in no hurry to move to a TI103 just for them.
                        If you get one of the RF receivers that have plug-ins for HomeSeer, you can use your PalmPads in a MUCH faster, more reliable manner with HomeSeer, and the newer RF receivers support other frequencies/protocols as well.
                        Regards,

Rick Tinker (a.k.a. "Tink")

Comment

The screens will work, but if they reference any devices, those references will need to be updated as HSTouch uses a reference number and that will change when you re-create the device in HS3.
                          Originally posted by robilium View Post
                          Will screens i make in HS2 HSTouch still work in HS3?

Comment

Sorry, no plans for a Centralite plugin at this time.

Originally posted by Kevin L View Post
                            I have a HomeTroller S2 running HS Pro 2.5.0.77 and HSTouch 1.0.0.72. I have three of the new HS Touchscreens that I have not deployed or designed screens for them. I was waiting for HS3. Since my main plugin for the Centralite LiteJet is not ready (I do hope it's being updated, or no go for HS3 for me), I definitely need to keep running HS2. If I decided to buy another copy with the current 50% off special, I could keep my current HomeTroller running and run the beta on another machine, setting up Z-Wave and other devices on the beta that are currently supported.

Sorry for the long setup for the question: I don't imagine there would not be any way to have HSTouch clients access both setups, is there? I suppose I could log out of one server and log into the other server, but WAF would be pretty darn low on that. Any ideas?

Thank you,
                            Kevin

Comment

Sorry, no plans for a Centralite plugin at this time.
                              Then until there's a way to use the old Centralite plugin (there was mention of an app), then no upgrade for me. Bummer, I was looking forward to HS3Pro.

Kevin

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Tinker View Post
                                If you get one of the RF receivers that have plug-ins for HomeSeer, you can use your PalmPads in a MUCH faster, more reliable manner with HomeSeer, and the newer RF receivers support other frequencies/protocols as well.
                                Rick (et all) - Curious, what RF receivers do you mean? The W800? I use X-10 to control my lights with a CM11a via serial (Edgeport 4) on the PC. I also have a W800 to get RF signals from my RF remote to control lights. I'm looking for something better in the long run or when the CM11a dies. Is there something that would be better than a used CM11a/TI103/PowerLinc USB? I assume I'd need to change all my X-10 Lamp Modules/switches?

Comment

Working...
                                X