tenScripting Now Available for HS3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

remote access?

I am able to connect to HS3 using tenScripting from a machine within my local (home) network, but unable to connect from remote site (my office).

I can ping the HS3 machine and pull up the web page from the remote site, but tenScripting won't connect. I'm sure I have the right IP. Is there some port other than the HS3 web server's that has to be open?

Comment

In order to run a remote plugin (Which tenScripting is) from outside of your LAN, you must open TCP Port 10400 on your router, and direct it to your HomeSeer3 computer.

Let me know if this does not solve your problem. I have tested it remotely, and it worked fine for me.

tenholde
      tenholde

Comment

thanks

Originally posted by tenholde View Post
        In order to run a remote plugin (Which tenScripting is) from outside of your LAN, you must open TCP Port 10400 on your router, and direct it to your HomeSeer3 computer.

Let me know if this does not solve your problem. I have tested it remotely, and it worked fine for me.

tenholde

That did the trick -- Thanks!

Comment

I've installed HS3 on my 64bit WHS 2011 server and Microsoft Visual Studio Express 2012 on my 64bit Windows 8 workstation. I've opened the project and added the references to the HomeSeerAPI, HSCF & Scheduler DLL's on the server.

When I run the project it just sits there as per the attached screenshot.

The firewall on the server is switched off and HS3 is running.

Any help appreciated.
          Attached Files

Comment

you still have to nat the 10400 port on your router to your hs3 computer

Comment

Originally posted by wetlip View Post
              you still have to nat the 10400 port on your router to your hs3 computer
              Both machines are on my internal network, so shouldn't be going through the router.
              But I'll give it a go

Comment

Originally posted by Simonk View Post
                Both machines are on my internal network, so shouldn't be going through the router.
                But I'll give it a go
                Tried that but still the same.

Comment

you entered the right hs3 ip adress on the command line ?
                  Attached Files

Comment

I had entered it when it first asked but I have also just gone into the command line box as shown and entered it but no difference :-(

Comment

tenScripting does NOT use the command line for parameters.

The first time you ran tenScripting, did you get a dialog box saying it could not connect, and you then entered the IP address of your HS3 server?

tenholde
                      tenholde

Comment

Originally posted by tenholde View Post
                        tenScripting does NOT use the command line for parameters.

The first time you ran tenScripting, did you get a dialog box saying it could not connect, and you then entered the IP address of your HS3 server?

tenholde
                        Yes I did.

Comment

To help debug why it is not starting:

Open tenScripting.vb

Find the tmrStartup_Tick routine

Place a breakpoint at the TryAgain label

Run the project, and once it gets to the breakpoint, single-step through the code (shift-F8) to see what is happening.

Let me know the last statement that is executed before it hangs.

Thanks,

tenholde
                          tenholde

Comment

I've done that as per the picture below but it seems that it doesn't get that far, I also tried putting a breakpoint right at the beginning of tmrStartup_Tick routine but it still doesn't seem to have gotten that far.
                            Attached Files

Comment

try the breakpoint at the beginning of frmMain.load

If that is not reached, try rebooting computer, restarting HS3, and then running tenScripting.

If that still yields same result, zip up the whole project directory and email it to me at:

ed 'at' tenholder.net

tenholde
                              tenholde

Comment

Initial look indicates you have tenScripting targeting a processor architecture of "AMD64", while the HS3 dlls are "x86".

Did you do anything to the project to change the targeted processor architecture?

If you redownload tenScripting and run it as is, do you still get the problem?

I am looking into how to respecify the targeted architecture using VS2012 Express.

tenholde
                                tenholde

Comment

Working...
                                X