This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New instructions

I begun rewriting the install instructions in this thread and wouldn't mind some feedback. Put yourselves in the shoes of a new user and let me know if the instructions are thorough enough while being easy to follow.

-Nitrox

Hi Nitrox:

I will test this soon as I'm going to put in a new NX8E board in a few days. I will also post a link to these instructions on my How-To Install A Home Security System thread over at Cocoontech as a lot of people install Caddx systems.

Thanks again for a great plugin! I sing its praises often.

I'm also looking forward to your "features request thread".

Regards,

BSR
    --------------------------------------------------
    **** Do You "Cocoon"? ****

Comment

Originally posted by BraveSirRobbin

I'm also looking forward to your "features request thread".
      I started that thread 4 days ago.

You can check out it's progress here.

-Nitrox

Comment

Oh, boy. I must have missed that posting on the "New Posts" selection during this board move!

Will check it out!

Thanks,

BSR

Comment

Nitrox:

I installed my new NX8E board and found out something rather odd. I could not get the board to communicate with the DL900 software after the panel was set up according to these instructions.

I finally called the Caddx Tech Support people and they sent me a sheet describing the settings they use (for the DL900). The only (main) difference was that they said to place all data in Location 210 (all segments) to "off". The Caddx Plugin Instructions wants that Segment 1 Data set to 6 and 7 "on".

Well, when I turned off all the data in Location 210 I was able to connect with the DL900 software! After I downloaded the program and was finished with the DL900 software, I just reset Location 210, Segment 1 back to 6 and 7 on (via the LCD keypad).

Other than that, everything works great! Thanks again for an excellent plugin and I'm looking forward to the next revision!

Regards,

BSR

Comment

Thanks for the info, I'll get it added as a helpful tip to the install doc!

Those two data bits are for the Zone Snapshot and Partition transition messages, so I'm assuming that the DL900 software must get confused with the high level of traffic that can be present when those are set to on.

-Nitrox

Comment

Working...
            X