X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It looks like this was NOT the cause of the issue, but exacerbated the issue.

Last Saturday, the HS server was PEGGED at 100%, even though mcsAudrey was disabled (as well as all my scripts), as described in my last post.

So, looks like I should just upgrade to 2.4 and hope for the best!

Thanks for your help Michael! Definitely aided in at least eliminating one possibility!

--Dan
    Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

I am trying Audrey and not to sure on what I am doing. I followed the directions given with the plugin, but not able to connect to the server. I look in my router under the network and do not even see it listed, but yet it is allowing me to use the browser.
      I used the url address 192.168.0.181/myaudrey and have tried by the serving computers name such as second/myaudrey and still nothing. What could I be doing wrong? I have not purchased the pluggin yet, just started the 30day trial. I hope I can get some suggestions.
      Thanks
      danielbo

Comment

Trying to understand

I have read the documentation and understand I have to FTP a group of files to Audrey, but I am not understanding where these files are. I have looked in all the directories and no finding what I need to FTP. If I had the names I might be able to find them easier. I know this program is old, but I hope there is still a few people who uses it that can help. I am excited about the program and think it will work great for me. Thank you.
        danielbo

Comment

Just looking for a little bit of help

I believe I am staying with HS2, because of all the plug ins. I got a couple of Audreys off of ebay and a nice guy from the HS family. I am just wanting the basic setup. Just something that I can turn lights on and off, maybe a section to run some events, and finally get the weather. I also saw where you can ad caller id. I have read the directions over and over again and not having any luck understanding it. I hoping someone could help me understand on setting it up. If I cant get Audrey to work, I guess I will get some cheap tablets and use HS touch. Might just be the easiest, but would like to try these Audreys, sound like you can do some neat stuff with it too. Like having pictures rotating on the screen. I would like to try to get this working first, before I give up and resort to some cheap tablets. Really might be my best bet. But right now if some one could help me just get started with the Audrey program I would appreciate it. I have looked a few things I found on the net, and still no luck. Any help would be some help. I know using HStouch is simpler, because I use it now, but I like a challenge. Thank you in advance for any help to get started.
          danielbo

Comment

There are two ways to get started. One is flash a new image. The was a flash with an image with all the edits needed for mcsAudrey. I believe it stopped along the way. The other way is make the edits yourself. The mcsAudrey manual gives the keystroke by keystroke edits based up the function you desire. Until you get past this step mcsAudrey will not be able to communicate to Audrey.

The was/is a server that supports the download of 3Com updates. You need the last on to get root access. If you already have root then the edits can be made.

If I remember correctly it is hard to find the small flash sizes used by Audrey to allow image copies to be made. Larger sizes do not work. Once you have network share with windows settu then you can burn images via network

Comment

Thanks for the info. Yep I believe I need to get a CF card, found some on ebay. I think that is my first issue. Thanks for your replay.
              danielbo

Comment

I am so confused, I cant even get started.

I have read all the posting, I have read the help files, I have read the docs, plus what I could find on the net.
                At this point I can not even get started at all. I just do not have a clue on what any of this means. I got my CF cards yesterday and have read and re read every where I can find.
                I just have no idea. I am asking is some one could get me started using this program. I have bought 4 Audreys, thinking the bugs have been all worked out with this program. I just want something to turn the lights on and off. The caller ID would be cool, and better yet the photo screen would be cool too. Right now if I could just get a start on just on and off switches. I can bring up homeseer, but doesn't look to nice. I thought they would be easy to do, and wanted one upstairs, one down, one in the bedroom and one it the family room. It would be so great. I don't even know what the directions means by going into the GUI. I have looked everywhere and cant find no GUI. Is there a book converting Audrey to be used with homeseer for dummies. Maybe I should have stayed with getting some used smart phones idea and used HS touch. But I have them now. Please some help, to get started in English I might understand. Thanks you in advance for any help at all.
                danielbo

Comment

Working...
                X